Would like to buy a line lock kit

• I don't know what a line lock is, but I am tired of spending all my cash....please make it stop before I move in with 1 of you people =O

It's a device that is soooo cool it'll make a grown man (or woman @ericastar76) go through back tires like they were giving them away free with the purchase of a Big Mac 8o .
    I highly recommend you get one :whistling:

• With all of the recurring brake failure issues, I wouldn't touch any part of the braking system with a ten foot pole...seriously...

That said you can buy kits on almost every parts store site...

I have not heard of any brake failures on the Slingshot. We have had lights that have proven to be indicator failures because of the switches. If there has been a true brake failure where the brakes didn't work when the pedal was stepped on, that would make the news.
    Just wanted to post this in case there are new owners or possible owners. The switches that have led to indications have not caused any braking failures that I am aware of.

• I have one. It works very well. However to do it correct you will need a bunch of adapters. I did a "how to" on it.

Once you get it installed just mash the brakes and flip it on. Then release the brake and the fronts are locked. Then just drop the clutch and watch the back tire smoke. Most of the time the front will still slightly roll. The front brakes just don't hold very well. But that is good because it will allow you start rolling forward and then just flip the switch off and take off. I have shown it off a few times.

Be careful. The brakes are touchy on this thing. And it does take a bunch of adapters to do. It correctly. I ordered an adapter kit from Jeggs or Summit and also an assortment of prefab lines with ends on them. Some fittings are so close that you might even think they fit but they won't. Just test fit everything and bleed and bleed and bleed them when your done.

Would I do it again? Probably not. Because it's just something I don't use alot. I can just get into my gas and roast the tire and just push on the brake pedal while I'm doing it. So it's just not needed. I was bored when I put it on mine.

• yes @Slingrazor is correct.. there haven't been any failures. It's just those crappy pressure switches. And they just tell the ECU how much pressure is being applied to the brakes. They are used in conjunction with the abs system. If you are mashing the brakes there is pressure on the line. Then the abs system can wake up and be ready to pulse if it gets a signal from a locked up tire.

The brakes are a sealed system and really have to work every time you mash them. One of the safety systems may not work (which I have not heard of) but you should always have standard brake control. It is almost goof proof. There isnt even a brake booster in the middle.