Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Setting aside whether you are for it or against it, you have to admit, it is very unusual to have statues of the leaders of losing side of a war allowed by the winning side of that war let alone military bases named after those leaders,

usually the winning side in a war goes out of their way to obliterate such things

gettyimages-1910634.jpg?quality=85

FWIW: I think Lincoln stressed that they were all Americans who fought nobly for the cause they believed in. He stressed reconciliation, but died before he could achieve it. This was not a victory of one country over another, but the preservation of the union.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Seattle is liberal and that goes without saying and they do choose their leaders and reap the benefits or consequences. However who stands up for the private business owner that has been extorted and had his store confiscated and his livelihood ruined. They are just as American as anyone of us. This goes without saying. In my opinion we should treat them as if they are Al-Qaeda. If you remove the term antifa and substitute Al-Qaeda the response would be direct understood and without conscience. These bastards need a serious American boot deep up their ass. I say make this an example.

Americans slaughtered in the street would embolden all the anti police people, anti government people leading to more and more violence and possibly civil war. I agree to use whatever non lethal weapons LEO has in its arsenal to quell all this lawlessness. Let several of em get hit with a bean bag fired out of a shotgun - I think they might take their ball and go home — and stay alive!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• FWIW: I think Lincoln stressed that they were all Americans who fought nobly for the cause they believed in. He stressed reconciliation, but died before he could achieve it. This was not a victory of one country over another, but the preservation of the union.

Yes - this is very true and also reasonable for the time, but reading the link provided above in the post after mine from bigdog it would seem that most of the military bases were not given confederate names until many many years later when the military expanded for WWI & WWII

being a multi generational Californian I dont really care one way or the other about the use of the battle flag, but I can see merit in most of the arguments from the different sides - I can see where people consider it a part of their heritage, I can see where some see it as a symbol of a racist time, but I think the most compelling thing I heard was from a double amputee veteran who was from the south - and he said that despite his heritage he felt that all Americans should come together under the American flag and not put any other flag above it

so - you want to fly the battle flag or for that matter any other flag its all good with me just so long as you are flying the American flag above it

I feel the same way about people from other countries who have immigrated to the U.S. - - you want to fly the flag of your country - - great, just so long as you are flying the American flag above it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• What I found irritating today was Nanci Pelosi advocating the need to change the names of military bases that the public feels are either insensitive or offensive to minority races and then calling out the president, saying he's the only one that "doesn't get it". Really, Nancy? After 33 years of service, YOU suddenly get it? Why now? Why today? Why only after the public brought it up?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Edited once, last by Roadhawg ().

• Senator Kennedy from Louisiana made a great point. When a radical Islam Jihadist blows up a facility filled with innocent people we are told it's racist to assume all people of Islamism are bad. When a rogue police officer commits a horrific crime it's pushed that the whole of the police force is racist. This goes against everything the radicals stand for. What do people stand for? You can't have it both ways.

• Ok everybody relax and stop overreacting to the situation in Seattle. The mayor cleared it all up on the news. It's not an occupation it's a block party, they have them all the time in that area.

You can't make this shit up.:D:D:D=O

• Senator Kennedy from Louisiana made a great point. When a radical Islam Jihadist blows up a facility filled with innocent people we are told it's racist to assume all people of Islamism are bad. When a rogue police officer commits a horrific crime it's pushed that the whole of the police force is racist. This goes against everything the radicals stand for. What do people stand for? You can't have it both ways.

Someone had a great post the other day that said they were talking to someone that was a teacher who made a comment that all cops are racist. Their reply was something like all teachers are pedophiles using the same logic. Broad judgments against any group of people is prejudice and it amazes me that some of the people that speak out the loudest against prejudice are very quick to apply it in their own view points.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Someone had a great post the other day that said they were talking to someone that was a teacher who made a comment that all cops are racist. Their reply was something like all teachers are pedophiles using the same logic. Broad judgments against any group of people is prejudice and it amazes me that some of the people that speak out the loudest against prejudice are very quick to apply it in their own view points.

and all protestors are Anti American radicals and looters...Bent on destroying America

• In the end I think all groups would be much better off and would reduce these broad judgments if they would take more responsibility for their groups membership.

If you are having an organized protest and a person with your group picks up a rock and throws it the group should immediately take that person and turn them over to the police.

If there is a bad teacher the teachers unions or the teachers themselves should take responsibility and have that teacher removed and held accountable

If there is a bad member of clergy doing inappropriate things all of the other members of that clergy need to stand up and make sure that bad person is held accountable

And yes if there is one bad cop on a force the other cops need to stand up and make sure that bad cop is removed from duty as soon as there is any hint things are not right

I think one of the problems we have is that sometimes organizations dont want to admit that anyone in their group could do anything wrong, either that or they are afraid that it will stain the reputation of the group as a whole or that if they speak up they will be ostracized from the group, but you can not wait until something really bad happens or the group will get painted with that broad brush of ALL

The old saying "one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch" is really only true when the other members of that "bunch" allows that bad apple to remain as a part of the group

Turning a blind eye, or simply saying you were not involved shouldn't be good enough - - In my view if you are a member of any group and you even have a clue that one of the groups members is doing things in a way that is not acceptable in my view you need to speak up and if you do and nothing is done then you need to leave the group - - - - if you do nothing and/or choose to remain a member of the group then you are just as guilty as the bad guy when something goes wrong.

and yes I think this is true for ALL organizations and groups

• Sadly, I must ask you to leave the group Edward Neal . It is for the betterment of the group. Rational thought is not something this group needs to be associated with. Please leave before we get labeled as rational.

I hope you can understand and know we have no hard feelings toward you. :)

• It has come to my attention that one of my relatives on my mothers side a very long long time ago was a pirate - the Pirate Hawkins - perhaps the dread Pirate Hawkins - I really can't be much more specific as I only know the last name - - - anyway I feel that I need to make things right so that everyone can move forward - - - so in the spirit of Love I would like to apologize to anyone who might be a decedent of a person who was ever victimized by a pirate - - - I take full responsibility for all pirating ever done in history before I was born

Please find it in your hearts to forgive me

Sincerely your friend Ed - - great great great great whatever of the Dread Pirate Hawkins raper and pillager and thief - - I think, not really sure, but I am sorry anyway

;(

• Glad I got that off my chest - - I feel better now :thumbsup:

• It would appear that as one of the only living relatives of the Dread Pirate Hawkins, you owe me money.

Ya see, my Great Great Great Great Great(I'm younger than you;)) grandpa had 1000 dollars worth of silver stolen by the Dread Pirate Hawkins. With inflation, your family cost my family.

$20,348.73.

I might not be here, if not for Pirate Hawkins raping my Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandmother, so I'll consider that a wash.

Crap, I just realized we are family and I owe my family money. 8|

Nevermind:)