Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Where was Biden all of last year while New York, Chicago, Louisville, Washington, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Philadelphia, LA, Baltimore, Portland, Columbus, Seattle, Denver, Houston and Cleveland were looted and burned?? NOW - we are better than that?? You should drift back to the center some - that hard left turn on you is not becoming :00008172:

You're right... Biden should've said, when the storming starts, the shooting starts...

Doesn't roll off the tongue like looting though... 🤔

wacky-squared

• Unfortunately this is playing out to its logical conclusion mostly because political representatives have ignored the issues that the people they are supposed to represent feel strongly about. Whether you personally agree with it or not when people have strong feelings about an issue and it is not addressed by our representatives it will eventually reach a point that a trigger event will break the status quo and people will lash out in an attempt to be heard. When there are unresolved issues smoldering just below the surface it doesn't take much to fan those flames into a wild fire. BLM protests happened because people ignored the strong feelings that people had on race issues and policing. The result was a nationwide explosion of protests against those acts. The people marching on the capital today happened because there is a huge segment of the conservative middle class that is fed up with pretty much everything that happened in 2020 (impeachment, COVID shut downs, election fraud, etc). Instead of dealing with these issues the democratic and republican party weaponized them to fight each other to gain power with the help of their aligned media outlets. I've known enough political people to know that a vast majority of them at the "professional level" are in it for the power, perks, etc that come with the job and most of the time their priorities are to what is good for them personally followed by what is good for their party. What is good for the people that they represent isn't very high up the list if it doesn't support priority one (themselves) or two (the party). Is anyone really surprised that when the two predominate political parties in the US are in open conflict with each other that it would spread to other groups.

I personally think that state supreme courts, US Supreme Court, Governors, etc all thought that the conservative "silent majority" wouldn't actually do anything over their election fraud concerns. Actions today would seem to indicate that they underestimated how pissed off that group was. It has always been easy for them to spin the activist fringe people up, but now you have middle of the road people taking action. Question now is either side able to get it back under control since they have created situations where significant groups of this country who have never been activists feel their only recourse is to take drastic action to make their voices heard? I'm not confident since all I'm seeing is politicians / media members that supported the BLM protests are condemning what is happening in the capital today while politicians / media members that spoke loudly against BLM protests seem to be much more supportive. This is political status quo go to response that they have always done, but they don't seem to realize that the middle-moderate populace is sick and tired of them not taking real action on things like police reform, race relations, election fraud, infringement of personal liberty, etc.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I have had a driver's license for 61 years. I have driven countless cars, trucks, tractors, boats, snowmobiles and motorcycles. All without the benefit of the internet.

I will continue to do so. I will use my SlingShot and work on it without the benefit of this forum.

I refuse to be part of a group that revels in sedition and attacking the symbols of our democracy.

I have too much love for this country to sit here and read posts denigrating the duly elected new President, and defending those trying to destroy the country.

This is my last post on any thread on this forum. You have won, unlike der Fuhrer. Enjoy the new regime. I know I will.

Now, all together, "GOOD RIDDANCE".

• I am very sad to see for our country what is going in Washington DC today. This kinda crap has gone on most of last year by the left. Now the right appears to be storming the White House. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Where does it go from here?? Are we truly on the cusp of a violent civil war ?? If folks on both sides don’t let cooler heads prevail and civil discourse return what other outcome could it be? Our country is crumbling right before our very eyes !!

What would this hero say about America today after all the mud and blood he fought thru to defend it?? If I was him the words would not be very kind. This is no longer a liberal/conservative or Rep/Dem issue - there is plenty enough SHAME to go around. Arguing over who is more shameful is just BULLSHIT !!! None of these people who resort to violence are honorable to me at all - LOCK EM UP if they break the law — PERIOD !!!

Bill Martin, Katie Pavlich is the only person on Fox a little while ago that has told the real story and what is behind it. I have been watching all of this since around 1 PM

• Pride is a tough thing to let go... These guys mean no harm and don't fit into your opinions of them.

Do they have pride? Yes. Stubborn? For sure. Ask their wives... 😆

But deep down, they are good people and don't condone this.

Only oddball is the dog... Maybe the raven... Undecided there.

• I will miss you as you have opposing opinions which I love a good argument BUT - if you are leaving because of “posts denigrating the duly elected new President” - Democrats have done that to Trump for 4 YEARS !! If you can make that statement with a straight face - don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well, you certainly chose the correct word but probably unwittingly...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

I wish the protesters if they felt they must occupy the Capital to make their point heard they could have done so in peaceful silence but I just heard a talking head ask in a scolding tone "what would the founders have thought of this". If they actually wanted the answer they might be surprised.

....... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• When's the last time we had a football game on a Wednesday night?

Live from the capital - Patriots vs. Stealers!

That was the name of our prison semi-pro football team. (Stealers) I loved watching the visiting teams enter the field for the first time.8|

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein