Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• standard definition as per what 99% of the population refer to as African-american if you would have asked that in a room is not Elon Musk. Creating new meanings for definitions is not what you should do anymore. Your not good at it.
    How hard is it to agree that the “standard definition” that the majority acknowledge, of African-American is a black person from Africa. Not a South African born white dude. And I say that because I have 2 friends that are SA white guys and they would laugh at me if I called them African-Americans (African Canadians for that matter).

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• standard definition as per what 99% of the population refer to as African-american if you would have asked that in a room is not Elon Musk. Creating new meanings for definitions is not what you should do anymore. Your not good at it.
    How hard is it to agree that the “standard definition” that the majority acknowledge, of African-American is a black person from Africa. Not a South African born white dude. And I say that because I have 2 friends that are SA white guys and they would laugh at me if I called them African-Americans (African Canadians for that matter).

And that's one of those little things that has been bastardized by people with an agenda. every single person who was born in another country who has moved to America and become a citizen is normally referred to as a "Nation of origin" - American. My wife is a Filipino American, I have friends who would tell you they are Japanese American and Mexican American and Irish American - - - doesn't matter if they are white, brown, yellow or anything else none of them would ever even think it some how must identify the persons skin color - - - - Prior to 1988 most people would have used the term "blacks" and way back before that the term "Negro" was the term that was considered "acceptable" - - neither of these terms had anything to do with nation of origin, but then in 1988 Jesse Jackson announced that members of the black race should be called African Americans - - didn't even matter if they had any historical family connection to Africa - - seriously tell me why African American is the only hyphenated American where someone like you thinks it only the people of one color who get to be called that??? - - and please tell me what we should call white people born in Africa who have immigrated to America and become citizens? do they just lose their prior identity as Africans because they are not the right color???

Not trying to get on you about this Sparcky it just a pet peeve of mine I just really hate it when small minority groups of people think they have some right to stake a claim to something and then act as if they are the only ones with the right to use it. Blacks are not the only African Americans - heck I would bet most who call themselves this have never set foot in Africa - they are no more African American than I am Scottish American or my brother who was born in east LA is Chinese American - - - - if you were born here in this country you are not a hyphenated American - you are just a good old American

Oh and as a side note Gay people dont own the F'n rainbow either, if little girls want to hang rainbows on their bedroom walls they don't have to be gay and no one should assume it has anything to do with being gay - - - its not theirs!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I’m just glad we have a differing opinion - albeit wrong😬 - and we can discuss issues and keep it respectful - Sparcky - if I hadn’t said it I enjoy your differing positions. Al least we are not preaching to the choir now!!

Opinions are like Slingshots- shouldn’t everyone have one!😉

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• And that's one of those little things that has been bastardized by people with an agenda. every single person who was born in another country who has moved to America and become a citizen is normally referred to as a "Nation of origin" - American. My wife is a Filipino American, I have friends who would tell you they are Japanese American and Mexican American and Irish American - - - doesn't matter if they are white, brown, yellow or anything else none of them would ever even think it some how must identify the persons skin color - - - - Prior to 1988 most people would have used the term "blacks" and way back before that the term "Negro" was the term that was considered "acceptable" - - neither of these terms had anything to do with nation of origin, but then in 1988 Jesse Jackson announced that members of the black race should be called African Americans - - didn't even matter if they had any historical family connection to Africa - - seriously tell me why African American is the only hyphenated American where someone like you thinks it only the people of one color who get to be called that??? - - and please tell me what we should call white people born in Africa who have immigrated to America and become citizens? do they just lose their prior identity as Africans because they are not the right color???

Not trying to get on you about this Sparcky it just a pet peeve of mine I just really hate it when small minority groups of people think they have some right to stake a claim to something and then act as if they are the only ones with the right to use it. Blacks are not the only African Americans - heck I would bet most who call themselves this have never set foot in Africa - they are no more African American than I am Scottish American or my brother who was born in east LA is Chinese American - - - - if you were born here in this country you are not a hyphenated American - you are just a good old American

Oh and as a side note Gay people dont own the F'n rainbow either, if little girls want to hang rainbows on their bedroom walls they don't have to be gay and no one should assume it has anything to do with being gay - - - its not theirs!!!

i am a big boy, I can handle differing opinions, or else I would not be having a discussion. I agree that if you were born in USA or Canada or where ever, and even still live there you are American or Canadian. Not a hyphenated name. I am more talking about (and obviously it differs between US and Canada) that if you ask anyone here in Canada the definition of African-American, and showed them a picture of a black person and a white person, I can guarantee the majority would pick the black person without hesitation. It’s a stereotypical response. Not a bad response, just what we have been taught to associate with that term.

And where did that rainbow tangent come from?

• i am a big boy, I can handle differing opinions, or else I would not be having a discussion. I agree that if you were born in USA or Canada or where ever, and even still live there you are American or Canadian. Not a hyphenated name. I am more talking about (and obviously it differs between US and Canada) that if you ask anyone here in Canada the definition of African-American, and showed them a picture of a black person and a white person, I can guarantee the majority would pick the black person without hesitation. It’s a stereotypical response. Not a bad response, just what we have been taught to associate with that term.

And where did that rainbow tangent come from?

Maybe that's my problem, I've never been one to stop at what I've been taught. I have lived my life thinking for myself and outside the box as often as possible. I'm afraid critical thinking is almost extinct.

• Just imagine if the Donald had said this how the media would have been in a frenzy... "Children don't belong to Parents when they are in the classroom". I get what he is trying to say but I can just imagine all the crap Trump would have received for this statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bid…ildren-don-234147454.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• We are so woke as a Nation now that "hookers" is no longer an acceptable term.. The media now makes it sound like that is actually a job and I wonder if they have to pay taxes and SS.

New York Sex Worker Sentenced To 30 Years For Overdose Deaths Of Four Men, Including Cipriani Dolci Chef

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai…ntenced-30-152641083.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This is totally unacceptable. Republican, Democrat, Independent or any other. Minority, majority, rich, poor, black, white, or any other. Thats not the issue.

Voter security and any potential for voter fraud is the issue. This should be top priority. Anything less is opening the door and inviting fraud. Anything less is wanting fraud.

https://www.tnonline.com/20220…in-hundreds-of-instances/

• Gee, I guess with all this correctness I’ll have to ask the Mexican American Family down the street why is Mr. Vasquez whiter than me and has Red hair? But he is still called Mexican American.

Guess this phrase is old school also;

Would you make a Xerox and send it to me or a photostatic copy?