Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• With all the craziness in the last week I completely forgot about that. Just really doesn’t make any sense at all does it? I can just imagine the confusion the cops feel right now. No wonder they are starting to just throw in the towel. I just wonder what the outrage would be if several cops hesitated right at THAT moment and were murdered. Probably just barely a blip on the monitor.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I just find it amazing all the way around that any confrontation between the police and a drunk guy in a car can get to the point where anyone dies. Can’t wrap my head around why the drunk would let it or how the police could let it. Unless this guy had something else going on that made him run I just don’t get it. If all of this were only about drunk in a car was the guy really that afraid that he would resist and run?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As a white California boy I know I will never grasp what it is like to grow up black in America especially in some other areas of the country. Heck, I was 11 when the Watts riots happened in Los Angeles that was the first time in my life that I realized there was any racial issues . Shit before that I actually thought we all did get along

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• If I had a son or daughter in the police force I would be on the phone at this moment begging them to quit now.

I wouldnt worry in the least if my kid were a cop here in our little valley - - any other place I probably would

• I wouldnt worry in the least if my kid were a cop here in our little valley - - any other place I probably would

Only problem with that is if something is not done to restore law and order with a mutual respect between LEO and the public - chaos will be coming to a town near us all!!

• Drunk or not you don’t point any object at an LEO. The split second they have to decide weather they die or you die is not one you want to be on the receiving end of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• In my youth I did the exact same thing on more than one occasion =O

Perhaps my friend, but I bet you didn't resist arrest, steal a weapon, flee from police, and then point the stolen weapon back at officers.

At some point, you have to say "Okay, ya got me." and then take the ticket or call someone to bail you out. A LOT of us have been in that situation, but we didn't ramp it up. My dad used to say, argue with the judge when you're sober, not with the cop when you've been drinking.

If the young man's parents had done their job, he would likely be alive today.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Drunk or not you don’t point any object at an LEO. The split second they have to decide weather they die or you die is not one you want to be on the receiving end of.

from the video I’ve seen....mr dead guy was running, fighting and punching to get those cuffs on in a hurry....

• [quote='Bigdog','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=311353#post311353']

Drunk or not you don’t point any object at an LEO. The split second they have to decide weather they die or you die is not one you want to be on the receiving end of.

from the video I’ve seen....mr dead guy was running, fighting and punching to get those cuffs on in a hurry....

[/quote]

It was a statement I made, not a video.

• Perhaps my friend, but I bet you didn't resist arrest, steal a weapon, flee from police, and then point the stolen weapon back at officers.

At some point, you have to say "Okay, ya got me." and then take the ticket or call someone to bail you out. A LOT of us have been in that situation, but we didn't ramp it up. My dad used to say, argue with the judge when you're sober, not with the cop when you've been drinking.

If the young man's parents had done their job, he would likely be alive today.

actually - - there were 2 times I can recall where the cops did come when I was sleeping in my car because I didnt feel I should drive. One time was on a street outside a bar in Sierra Madre that just happened to be just a few doors down from the police station and the second was on a street outside a house where a party had been held. On the street outside the bar the cop told me to go back to sleep and not to even put the key in the ignition or they would have to arrest me (like I said the cop shop was 2/3 doors down the street and cops were walking by all the time. the time outside the party they told me I couldnt stay there and to call a friend which I did and they drove me home

neither time did they do a field sobriety test -I told them I had been drinking and neither time did they even attempt to arrest me - actually seemed mostly concerned that I was okay and that I would get home safely

thats one of the things I don't know about this event in Atlanta - what crime were they trying to arrest him for - - had to be a warrant or something I would think or perhaps the car was stolen - - cant believe they would want to take him to jail for sleeping in his car and parking it badly

• cant believe they would want to take him to jail for sleeping in his car and parking it badly

He was in the Wendy's drive through lane, in the drivers seat, the car running, passed out ..... other patrons had to drive around him for service, which is why Wendy's called the police.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• I was talking about the victim that was sleeping in his car....
    public drunkenness, DUI, resisting arrest, stealing an officers weapon, fleeing, assault on an officer/s. If you are doing all of this....you are totally out of control. Taser failed because he took it from the officer.....he was trying to use it on the cop....If the cops become incapacitated what is the next option to gain control? Is he now considered armed and dangerous? At what point are the cops now fearing for their lives?

I’ve seen different videos were there are 3-4-5-6 officers trying to get cuffs on people....and they are having a really hard time doing it....they does not sound like the perp was complying with verbal commands...At that point you are resisting arrest....which is another charge...

• actually - - there were 2 times I can recall where the cops did come when I was sleeping in my car because I didnt feel I should drive. One time was on a street outside a bar in Sierra Madre that just happened to be just a few doors down from the police station and the second was on a street outside a house where a party had been held. On the street outside the bar the cop told me to go back to sleep and not to even put the key in the ignition or they would have to arrest me (like I said the cop shop was 2/3 doors down the street and cops were walking by all the time. the time outside the party they told me I couldnt stay there and to call a friend which I did and they drove me home

neither time did they do a field sobriety test -I told them I had been drinking and neither time did they even attempt to arrest me - actually seemed mostly concerned that I was okay and that I would get home safely

thats one of the things I don't know about this event in Atlanta - what crime were they trying to arrest him for - - had to be a warrant or something I would think or perhaps the car was stolen - - cant believe they would want to take him to jail for sleeping in his car and parking it badly

The law in Georgia may be the same as here in Arizona, Ed. If the keys to my truck are in my possession and I climb into the back seat to sleep it off, I'm guilty of DUI... period. Sucks, don't it?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Back in the day here when I was young you were okay just so long as the keys were not in the ignition - I actually know a girl who started the engine to run the heater and she did get a DUI - -

• Back in the day here when I was young you were okay just so long as the keys were not in the ignition - I actually know a girl who started the engine to run the heater and she did get a DUI - -

That was the old rule of law - now if you are under the influence behind the wheel engine on or off you can be charged (not all jurisdictions but many). Example - I live on an island having 2 draw bridges to get off. There are 3 bars on the island of 1100 (remember were coonasses) and I can’t tell you how many people have stopped at the bridge for a boat to pass, turned the engine off, and either went to sleep or passed out. They are woke up with the PoPo knocking on the window. It is quite the revenue stream for our fine parish!!

PS - if you disrespect the law here - no matter the race or color - it is just about certain you will receive a major attitude adjustment!! Just comply with the officer no matter how wrong they may be and live to hire a lawyer😂😂