Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Please be advised that I have been retained by Mr Neal and plan to dispute your claim vigorously. You and your family have benefited from white privilege for generations thus negating your claim to any past reparations!! :POKESS::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'll bet something in line with this will be in the new E.O. coming out shortly. However needless to say rules won't apply to any radical groups.

• What a stark contrast - the Mayor of Seattle calls it the “Summer of Love” and as protesters threaten to take over an area of Nashville and the Mayor says “it ain’t gonna happen”. Glad to see some governmental officials are still sane!!

• What a stark contrast - the Mayor of Seattle calls it the “Summer of Love” and as protesters threaten to take over an area of Nashville and the Mayor says “it ain’t gonna happen”. Glad to see some governmental officials are still sane!!

Agreed, I hope Nashville stands tough but sometimes it's best to prove your point by allowing the opposition to progress unopposed. I say let the nation of CHAZ cannibalise itself. Prove their point amongst themselves. It's a tough situation and I am so sorry for the innocent citizens who will suffer.

Mommy isn't there to do there wash. How long can they last till the pain of crusty underware and chafing causes unbearable pain! I heard rape and hard crimes are already rising in CHAZ. Let them canibalise and turn on themselves.

• Agreed, I hope Nashville stands tough but sometimes it's best to prove your point by allowing the opposition to progress unopposed. I say let the nation of CHAZ cannibalise itself. Prove their point amongst themselves. It's a tough situation and I am so sorry for the innocent citizens who will suffer.

Mommy isn't there to do there wash. How long can they last till the pain of crusty underware and chafing causes unbearable pain! I heard rape and hard crimes are already rising in CHAZ. Let them canibalise and turn on themselves.

democrat mayors are ok with whatever Nancy says they should do.....so who’s the problem?

• I made a mistake the other day about a person on Fox that had changed their opinion about what is going on today. I used the wrong name! Juan Williams is the name that I used and I am sorry, he is just as bat SH!! crazy as he has always been. But there are still 2 commentators on Fox that have totally changed their minds as to what is going on today.

• Another police involved shooting in Atlanta. Watching LAWYERS for the decedent actually said “if you are afraid you should not be a policeman”. There you have it my friends - LEO is not supposed to be human and have one of the most basic human emotions. If anybody, no matter who, doesn’t have a little bit of fear going into a confrontational situation is not normal IMO. If we are going to set the bar so high for LEO there is no need to defund them - nobody will qualify!!

• Another police involved shooting in Atlanta. Watching LAWYERS for the decedent actually said “if you are afraid you should not be a policeman”. There you have it my friends - LEO is not supposed to be human and have one of the most basic human emotions. If anybody, no matter who, doesn’t have a little bit of fear going into a confrontational situation is not normal IMO. If we are going to set the bar so high for LEO there is no need to defund them - nobody will qualify!!

I dont know enough about the situation to make any meaningful judgement, but from what I heard the guy was sleeping in the passenger seat of a parked car. guess it was partially blocking a restaurant driveway so someone called the police - They woke the guy up and then gave him a field sobriety test which he failed - after that they say he resisted arrest and go hold of an officers taser and ran away - they say that as he was running he held up his hands with the taser in one and pointed at an officer as he was still running away who then shot him

oh - also apparently this was all caught on security cameras from the restaurant so its not just what someone said

like I said I will not attempt to make any judgement, but I do wonder why they were even going to arrest a guy for sleeping it off in the passenger seat - just roll the car out of the way, call someone to come get the guy - - - - 28 or so years old and now dead because he decided to not drive and instead parked and moved to the passenger seat to sleep it off

shit, in my youth I did the exact same thing on more than one occasion =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• From the story on Fox News website

"The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), which is investigating the shooting, said the deadly confrontation started with officers responding to a complaint that a man was sleeping in a car blocking the restaurant’s drive-thru lane. The GBI said Brooks failed a field sobriety test and then resisted officers’ attempts to arrest him."

"The GBI released security camera video of the shooting Saturday. The footage shows a man running from two police officers as he raises a hand, which is holding some type of object, toward an officer a few steps behind him. The officer draws his gun and fires as the man keeps running, then falls to the ground in the parking lot."

"GBI Director Vic Reynolds said Brooks had grabbed a Taser from one of the officers and appeared to point it at the officer as he fled, prompting the officer to reach for his gun."

• the bottom line is....would he be dead if he would have just complied with the cops orders instead of resisting them? My simple answer is he would still be alive....herein l lies the problem.....the public needs re-educated on how to respect and comply....that’s where they can spend the defunded money....complying classes...does and don’ts...

• the bottom line is....would he be dead if he would have just complied with the cops orders instead of resisting them? My simple answer is he would still be alive....herein l lies the problem.....the public needs re-educated on how to respect and comply....that’s where they can spend the defunded money....complying classes...does and don’ts...

sometimes drunk people do really stupid things.

• I did not mean to suggest whether the officers involved were right or wrong. As initial reports come in it looks like deadly force was not appropriate but we will see what happens. I’m just suggesting that setting the bar so high mere mortals can not attain it leaves us with no protection from the criminal elements preying in society.

• He fell asleep in his car while in the Wendy's drive through ....

okay - so in the second video does it look like the suspect was a threat to anyone? - - could just be the angle or the lighting but in this video it seems very clear that what was in his hand was not a gun

I dont know, doesnt look good to me

• As initial reports come in it looks like deadly force was not appropriate

Not offering an opinion however Mayor Bottoms has a problem

Last week she had two officers fired and charged for what she said was "improper use of deadly force" when they tasered two people and pulled them from a car.

Now she is saying a taser is not a threat of "deadly force" so does not make the response justified ....

..... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• okay - so in the second video does it look like the suspect was a threat to anyone? - - could just be the angle or the lighting but in this video it seems very clear that what was in his hand was not a gun

To be clear if it was up to me, wouldn't have happened.

But just for perspective .. a taser can incapacitate an officer so puts his weapon in play. Shooting a taser at an officer is typically seen the same as a gun in the response ladder.

...... nerd-squared

.EDIT: Explaining my "To be clear" .. the only problem I have is IF the officers had already searched and knew for a fact he only had a Taser, since there where two officers (if there had been one I would have no problem) and he was running away when he fired the taser over his shoulder, to shoot is a gray area. If he had stopped and turned toward the officer then no problem. If the officer was not confident he didn't have the other officers or another weapon then no problem. This is why an investigation needs to be completed before Mayor Bottoms makes a public statement condemning the officers. Obviously it did nothing to stop the looters, rioter, and arsonists.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• like I said - sitting here in my living room looking at this video I can't judge - hell I have no clue what happened off camera or leading up - - - having said this I do find it very surprising that with all of the George Floyd shit that has been hitting the fan that it got to the point it did - - I would have thought the police would be super extra careful to avoid this type of situation

• okay - so in the second video does it look like the suspect was a threat to anyone? - - could just be the angle or the lighting but in this video it seems very clear that what was in his hand was not a gun

Tough to see and I don't know. He did struggle with both officers, grabbed one officers taser and ran away using the taser and fired back at the officer (s) in pursuit. This took place in seconds. I cant tell which officer fired. What if the firing officer had no idea if that man had the other officers gun? He stole his weapon? Again I'm not sure myself but this does display what the potential dangers officers face and must make split second decisions which could cost them their life.

Something to think about.