Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Been sayin it for a long time now - if our country gets destroyed from within it would not be the first time an empire has fallen. The similarities between the US and the politics that resulted in the fall of the Roman Empire. Obviously our leaders have not read that part of history. This guy knew this hundreds of years ago - what is our problem I. 2019 ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I've always lived below my income level realizing the necessity of preparation in life. I could have bought a nicer house. Just recently bought my first new vehicle to include the slingshot. Point is it took decades to reach the point I am at and I sacrificed a lot to get to where I am.

This is what I get frustrated about and I suppose it guides my political views. I'm approaching 57, but I have been working since age 14 and even at that age I was registered and paying into Social Security (I don't think you can do that today). 42 years paying into Social Security, Medicare, retirement fund, etc. None of these programs were ever entitlements. I can't get them. I still cant get them. When I looked them up the Government tells me I am not entitled to them till I reach 62 and even then at a reduced amount.

So... after 42 years of saving, scratching and sacrificing politicians are buying votes on my back. Running for office promising free Medicare. Hay, I just spent 42 years paying for a product you are using as a tool to land a job. Social Security is going to be insolvent in a few years and most likely will need to reduce benefits! Reduce who's benefits? The people who paid into the systems their whole life and depend on it!

Now for the double slap to my face. You want to force me to pay more taxes to pay for the increased demand on the system by the people getting this product for free! You gotta be kidding me!

Its a complete circle that will destroy the country. Generations that are looking for entitlements. Politicians realizing the capability of getting into office running on a platform promising those entitlements (to everyone) if voted into office.

• Should we not get this right we will have the dubious distinction of being the petty generation that failed all those that came before us and gave all. No small thing.

We haven't gotten this right since the Clinton years, and it just keeps getting worse. You can't keep voting for corruption without digging a deeper hole.

• Little something to keep the blood boiling....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Don't count your chickens before they hatch remember they wat to give free stuff to Illegals also.

• Very well stated Sir !!!! Just thought I would add this little note. If there is a figure I have never been able to find it. How many folks have paid into Social Security for 40 years and died before they collected the first penny. Im sure the government doesn’t want to let us know that figure and how they squander it !!!

• Very well stated Sir !!!! Just thought I would add this little note. If there is a figure I have never been able to find it. How many folks have paid into Social Security for 40 years and died before they collected the first penny. Im sure the government doesn’t want to let us know that figure and how they squander it !!!

Remember how George Bush (no big fan of George as he spends like a drunken sailor) wanted us to be able to put aside I believe 3 cents of every Social Security dollar in a private account for our retirement. I remember those in the house and senate losing their minds that 3% could be diverted to us personally. Telling....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Probable not the correct place to post this, perhaps a new post would be better. Sending a big salute to our incredibly brave Special Ops Forces. They are the best of the best! That takes a special type of person. Bravery, precision, when others run away they run towards. No one comes close!

Thank you all!

• Probable not the correct place to post this, perhaps a new post would be better. Sending a big salute to our incredibly brave Special Ops Forces. They are the best of the best! That takes a special type of person. Bravery, precision, when others run away they run towards. No one comes close!

Thank you all!

I think it is a very good place for it.

• Another example of the glaring prejustice against Trump from the media and Democrats. When Obama announced that Bin Laden has been killed the media - Dems and Reps piled on the congratulations like he was a conquering war hero. Rightly so - I am not begrudging him for the credit as he was our President. Now that Trump has eliminated the leader of ISIS putting an end to the caliphate does he get credit??? NO - the Dems and media can barely eek out compliments about our troops being great and just barely mention Trump. You can’t have it both ways - if they are gonna slam Trump for everything they perceive as wrong - then he at least deserves the same coverage and respect previous Presidents have enjoyed. I can hardly see where killing this animal can be perceived as bad but given time I’m sure they will find something wrong about it. These people are so desperate to see Trump removed that they have long forgot about trying to move our country forward. Very sad !!!

• Another example of the glaring prejustice against Trump from the media and Democrats. When Obama announced that Bin Laden has been killed the media - Dems and Reps piled on the congratulations like he was a conquering war hero. Rightly so - I am not begrudging him for the credit as he was our President. Now that Trump has eliminated the leader of ISIS putting an end to the caliphate does he get credit??? NO - the Dems and media can barely eek out compliments about our troops being great and just barely mention Trump. You can’t have it both ways - if they are gonna slam Trump for everything they perceive as wrong - then he at least deserves the same coverage and respect previous Presidents have enjoyed. I can hardly see where killing this animal can be perceived as bad but given time I’m sure they will find something wrong about it. These people are so desperate to see Trump removed that they have long forgot about trying to move our country forward. Very sad !!!

Hey, hey now. They are just respecting his wishes. After all, like Trump said, the president didn't do it and deserves no credit, "All he did is say o.k.".:/

They didn't know before Trump told them. Now they know not to give credit to the president. Just a timing thing, not a deep state thing.;)

• Hey, hey now. They are just respecting his wishes. After all, like Trump said, the president didn't do it and deserves no credit, "All he did is say o.k.".:/

They didn't know before Trump told them. Now they know not to give credit to the president. Just a timing thing, not a deep state thing.;)

Your missing the point - Trump is not asking for praise and is crediting the great military action. Trump - just like Obama - just approved the mission. We all know the boots on the ground is what made the missions successful. If you look back at the Bin Laden killing - people were dancing in the streets, the media was bubbling over, the Democrats were having multiple orgasms, and Republicans were very supportive - all giving credit to Obama. Now Trump does the EXACT same thing and none of those same voices are praising him. If you cannot see all the bias against Trump —- I know your very smart but wasn’t aware you were blind. :00008172::00008172:

• Why is there a double standard standard from the media? i always thought the sole purpose of a news agency was to REPORT the news and not to CREATE the news. What a difference a few years make.

Media up in arms over the use of the word "LYNCHING"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic…ynching/story?id=66531405

But twenty years ago, Joe Biden uses the same word to defend his buddy Bill Clinton and saw nothing wrong with it - neither did the left wing media. They're spin now is that "times have changed" REALLY? If so, why are they going after people who years ago used blackface for parties, Halloween etc.I guess times have only changed if it benefits your left wing position

https://thefederalist.com/2019…ribe-impeachment-in-1998/

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE