Cipher Auto CPA1031 Series Racing Seats -- Looking for review

• Got a question for the group.

Is anyone running the Cipher Auto CPA1031 Racing Seats for the Polaris Slingshot ?

I am wondering how comfortable they are and if they are worth the purchase at the cheaper price, or is it better to wait and save for the PRP seats?

At this price, I could likely spring for them this year, but if they are crap in comparison, then I would just wait a year and get them later.

Any chance someone going to SSITR has them in their Sling?

• @MiM aren't you sporting Cipher?

• The early ones had issues with the passenger side seat sitting higher than the driver's side but I believe this has been corrected with a newer style bracket. You can't use the OEM seat brackets. Slingmods carries brackets that will work...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @MBMedic I too looked at those but if you read the description it says you have to buy the seat brackets for them to work. By the time you add it up your over $600 so my thought was I may as well wait and put a little more money with it to get what I know is comfortable and looks great as LOTS of people have the prp's & you can customize them to fit your liking. Just my thoughts and why I still have stock seats lol.

• Is very important to note that @MiM has the 2001 series(upcale) versus this 1001(basic), I am not saying anything bad about either of them since i have been looking into them for possible purchase myself as well.

The 1001 series can be found for $300 on the web and the 2001 starts about $650.

Again i just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Yeah, I know with adding the brackets, the price still comes in a bit cheaper. There are also the Velocity seats out there which I would also be quite happy with. (Not sure on a price for them though, what did they go for at MV?)

Ultimately, I've sat in, and enjoyed the feel of the PRP Gen 1 seats. I would love a pair of these.

Really.... I just want my new seats, but I may be getting ahead of myself on Mods this year is all, lol. Getting my new GT Shocks put on this coming Monday at Alpha. Can't wait for the more comfy ride, and just want to kick it up the next notch too, lol.

• @MBMedic I too looked at those but if you read the description it says you have to buy the seat brackets for them to work. By the time you add it up your over $600 so my thought was I may as well wait and put a little more money with it to get what I know is comfortable and looks great as LOTS of people have the prp's & you can customize them to fit your liking. Just my thoughts and why I still have stock seats lol.

Well even if you pay 600 for the cipher it is still far from the $1600 that PRP gen 2 would go for.

• PRP Suspension Seats for the Polaris Slingshot$949.00 Gen 1

PRP SS Style Suspension Seats for the Polaris Slingshot (Pair) $1299.00 Gen 2

So looking at the Cipher at $600 ish this year, or wait and go Gen 1's next year.

• He is adding heated & inflatable lumbar...... they are only $950.... its only around a $300 difference to get the gen 1 prp and customize them to your colors/liking (I have no affiliation with PRP). I don't no why he is adding heated and lumbar inflation as the cyphers do not come with it o.O lol

• The stock prp have very little lumbar support so the air bladder is a must(for me) and since I live in MN if i can buy a seat with built in heat I will.

Anyways I am comparing them as"I"would buy them.

• Might consider the new SLR seats to replace your stock ones. I am totally loving mine. Paid less than $600 and was a quick install.

I added the passenger seat relocation bracket a forum member from the dark side offered and my passengers are satisfied with the extra recline ability.

Best off all they are water-proof/resistant as the original stock ones. I tend to get caught in rain and the thought of non water resistant seats smelling is a big turn off.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1