So it begins... Proud to announce MeanSling.com

• Are the tops adjustable? I am 6ft 6 and I am concerned that the top will sit in my line of vision

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Current version is not adjustable more than about 1/2 inch in the front, if all things align correctly. The mirror mounts on our Slingshots aren't consistent, and can be off 1/2 inch in height from left to right. @Ruptured Duck has designed brackets that have more adjustment after we talked in Maggie Valley. He will be sending me a set to try soon. I'm 6'4", and with all adjustment moved to the high side, it works for me. I'd rather have another 1/2 though, it would make a difference. I do love my top, and it's much cooler with it on. I also like the way it opens to allow me to get in easier. That was a big thing to me.

• Are the tops adjustable? I am 6ft 6 and I am concerned that the top will sit in my line of vision

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

thanks @Goats_Hogs.

@arosejr as you are aware being 6'6" can have it's moments. Head room is not what might cause a problem for you but rather the outward view do to your height. I am in the process of adding some additional front height adjustment and a little more down tilt for the rear. This improves outward view for taller people. 6'4" was the max in the first design and was dependent on the Slingshot having even mirror mounts (driver's side to passenger side mirror mounts).
    The outward view is related to upward view and driver preference.

I suggest taking a moment and sitting in one if you get the chance. Rather you be happy and understand the limitations.

There was a look I wanted out of this top and to get it there some limitations had to be expected.

Patrick.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Is there anyone in he central Indiana area that has one? I think a top is in the future but I want to make sure that I can see and also get in and out easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Keep the dirty side down.

• Same...said they would ship on the 24th. Makes me happy as hell.

Im picking the bags up Friday from the manufacturer (all day trip) to insure I get them in the time we noted. Don't want to risk anymore shipping delays that I can't control.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Im picking the bags up Friday from the manufacturer (all day trip) to insure I get them in the time we noted. Don't want to risk anymore shipping delays that I can't control.

Glad I saw this post. Almost forgot to order mine before the end of the month.

This is exactly why many of us here like doing business with people like you Ruptured Duck. No one expects perfection and things come up beyond our control, but it is how big the business owner steps up to the plate and how hard they try to make things right, that matters most and earns our respect and loyalty. Unfortunately those qualities are severely lacking in our society today.

• Current version is not adjustable more than about 1/2 inch in the front, if all things align correctly. The mirror mounts on our Slingshots aren't consistent, and can be off 1/2 inch in height from left to right. @Ruptured Duck has designed brackets that have more adjustment after we talked in Maggie Valley. He will be sending me a set to try soon. I'm 6'4", and with all adjustment moved to the high side, it works for me. I'd rather have another 1/2 though, it would make a difference. I do love my top, and it's much cooler with it on. I also like the way it opens to allow me to get in easier. That was a big thing to me.

6.4 ..........dude............ Buddy how the heck you get in? no wonder you love the top.....well truly there is nothing not to love about it!

• I'm 6'4", and with all adjustment moved to the high side, it works for me. I'd rather have another 1/2 though, it would make a difference. I do love my top, and it's much cooler with it on. I also like the way it opens to allow me to get in easier. That was a big thing to me.

I have been waiting to hear from someone on how it fits at this height.

Question. You say you fit, is that with or without a helmet?

• I have about 3" above my head without a helmet on. I had a helmet on one day in MV for about half the day, and it never touched anything on the top.

Great news. Any issues at stop lights? They remain visible without leaning forward?

These were my main concerns while leaning towards the MeanSling top. It just seemed too low that coupled with my height, it might have been an issue.