Quick Jack Group Buy

• Everyone settle down. It's not over until it's over. There is another company that we are talking with.

There's >1 way to skin a cat. Sit back, relax, and let's see where this ends up.

Ok not to sound rude but I don't like cryptic type of things, please post the name of the company so we can look at the product they offer.

Unless we are talking about reaching a deal with a new vendor for a quick Jack, the new jack must be vetted by those interested .

Just because it's similar it doesn't mean that it will meet people's needs remember that the QJ is a novelty item that is functional, good looking,small footprint and easy to use even for those that lack common sense.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm not even getting one, but this thread is so good! 8o

to be honest i feel sorry for poor @Bill Martin this should have been such an easy thing but of course a company wanted to be greedy or just has bad employees and made things complicated.

I still can't believe that they just brushed this off.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Your time of resistance comes after Maggie Valley...
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Ok - I kinda dropped the ball cause I been on a marathon clutch job (details to follow elsewhere) but I'm back on it now. @Spudinator found a retailer that meets or beats any price so I'm gonna give them a try. Don't give up I'm still on it!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Ok not to sound rude but I don't like cryptic type of things, please post the name of the company so we can look at the product they offer.
    Unless we are talking about reaching a deal with a new vendor for a quick Jack, the new jack must be vetted by those interested .

Just because it's similar it doesn't mean that it will meet people's needs remember that the QJ is a novelty item that is functional, good looking,small footprint and easy to use even for those that lack common sense.

Not to be rude, @Neosolidus, but I don't like condescending types of things. Thank you for pointing out all of the obvious points about QJ. Don't let my low post count fool you, this is definitely NOT my first rodeo. That is all; carry on.

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA
    2016.5 Red Pearl (THE fastest color of them all!)
    "Code 3" :REDSS:

What oil do you think is best? :00000004:

• Ok so everybody can see this different vendor here is the link
    Ranger QuickJack BL-5000LSX 5,000 lbs Capacity

I believe it is the exact same product but it appears that they may be more willing to deal from the advertising. Gonna get with em later today.

That does appear to be the same product, @Bill Martin. Good find!

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA

• If the QJ deal doesn't happen, I may end up buying a Dannmar MaxJax Portable 2-Post Car Lift, 6,000-lb. capacity like the one listed below.

Yes, it's about $500 more, but the two post design would allow me to work under the Slingshot on a rolling seat. The 84" posts will fit in my garage with about 18" vertical clearance to spare. Also, the posts -- which have casters and hydraulic quick disconnects -- are designed to be unbolted from the floor, leaving the threaded anchors in place, and then rolled away, out of the way. List price appears to be $2,299, and this seller is offering $1,899, delivered by LTL.

Dannmar MaxJax Portable 2-Post Car Lift, 6,000-lb. capacity | eBay

I'm not withdrawing from the group buy project, just looking at possible backup plans and sharing information. *If* QJ falls through, I'd be willing to see if we can set up an alternate group buy from this seller.

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA

Edited 2 times, last by Deputy5211 ().

• @Deputy5211, the Dannmar looks great but what keeps it stable? Looks like it wouldn't be that hard to tip over. They don't have a lot of info on it.

• @Deputy5211, the Dannmar looks great but what keeps it stable? Looks like it wouldn't be that hard to tip over. They don't have a lot of info on it.

@dangerdarrell, there is plenty of information on how it attaches in the eBay post I linked to. They even give various formulae and values for the unit. Perhaps you didn't read far enough into it? The unit bolts to the concrete floor, the anchors are threaded so they stay in the floor when you unbolt to posts.

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA

• @dangerdarrell, there is plenty of information on how it attaches in the eBay post I linked to. They even give various formulae and values for the unit. Perhaps you didn't read far enough into it? The unit bolts to the concrete floor, the anchors are threaded so they stay in the floor when you unbolt to posts.

Yeah. I didn't read far enough. Anchors in the floor would be no problem. There wouldn't be a trip hazard and you could just put some plugs in to keep out the dirt. I have 11' from floor to ceiling with the garage door closed so that would be great.

• Yeah. I didn't read far enough. Anchors in the floor would be no problem. There wouldn't be a trip hazard and you could just put some plugs in to keep out the dirt. I have 11' from floor to ceiling with the garage door closed so that would be great.

That's exactly what I would do, although I wish I had as much garage ceiling height as you do. I have about 9', which is still plenty to lift the Sling and work underneath it. I like being able to easily break it down and move it off to a corner as individual pieces. Having full access to the underside it another huge advantage, IMHO. Maybe not that often, but when I need it, it will be good to have.

Still, it's not for everyone, and the higher price may put out of reach of some.

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA

Edited once, last by Deputy5211 ().

• In PARALLEL to the QJ group buy @Bill Martin is pursuing with an alternate dealer, I have reached out to the seller of the Dannmar to see if he will be able to offer any pricing concessions if we bring him a group buy opportunity. I'll keep you posted.

--
    Antony
    Plano, Texas, USA

Edited once, last by Deputy5211 ().