Sad - another SS accident...

• 35 or 105 the sling should be able to take a bump in the road without a wheel assembly disintegrating

The wheel assembly is very close to the dip, it would indicate it came off prior to the dip. It appears the tire and rim disintegrated before it came off. How was the tire and wheel damaged before it came off?

• They had to be going insanely fast.
    In the video where the news lady is standing (near the dip) you can see the rear of a cop car what looks to be a block or more away. The view from the camera in the air, the dip or the news lady can not be seen. So assuming they hit that dip and it caused it all, they had to be going FAST to spin out and end up at minimum a block but it looks to be even farther away then that.
    I mean I wasn't there but it almost looks like he could have lost control hit a light pole/fire hydrant and any of that could have caused the wheel to come apart and it rolled down towards that small dip. But who knows and we may never find out.

• Yall are assuming the dip in the road is the one she is standing by. Those roads are probably like the city roads in Birmingham. They have many dips in them. Especially where the roads cross over each intersection. So the dip could have been on down the road. Everyone here that has a slingshot can pretty much bet that at 35mph you could have the slingshot loose the right front wheel and it wouldn't flip. It would fall onto the frame most likely and slide.

I am just guessing like everyone else here but sometimes people look at pictures and jump to all the wrong conclusions.

It's terrible to hear about an accident or death. I know he has family that expected him to come home that day. Prayers go out to them and all involved...

• Always such sad news.

In my personal, and professional opinion most accidents are caused in some manner by the driver. Mostly through our speed, or handling abilities. Know what your limits are when you drive.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• OMG, horrible news.
    Prayers and thoughts out to the family, and to all of you to take care this riding season.
    The Sling Shot is more car like than bike, so please take the time to put on your seat belts.
    Having been a volunteer fire fighter for over 20 years I've witnessed numerous vehicle accidents and I'm sure more than a few could have been saved or injured less severely if they had worn seat belts.
    Even if it's not law, make wise choices so your family isn't left to make difficult ones.

• I agree 100%! I am pro choice on helmets but went to a 4 point harness and wear it faithfully - can't jump off a Sling like you can a motorcycle if you can't avoid an accident.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I agree 100%! I am pro choice on helmets but went to a 4 point harness and wear it faithfully - can't jump off a Sling like you can a motorcycle if you can't avoid an accident.

Friday, I came as close as you could come to a head on collision and a side swipe. Watched the car coming toward me on a 2 lane road less than 1/4 mile from my house. When it happened the individual was probably texting, he left the road twice, if I had hit the brakes it would have been head on. I floored it and he crossed behind me just barely missing side swipping me. I could not believe he missed me "BY INCHES" The grand and I were coming home from school. She just happened to be looking at what was happening also. You just never know when and what will happen. If he had both hands on the wheel he would have corrected on the first time he went off the road, one hand and over corrected.

• Not sure how many have seen what they call dips in the road out west. I grew up up between Arizona and Nevada and they have dips that run through intersections to alow for flood waters to flow rapidly. I have seen cars hit theses dips at 40 mph and slam the suspension hard enough to cause them to flip. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about a parts failure because if it was one of the drainage dips, the sling probably broke on impact.

• Friday, I came as close as you could come to a head on collision and a side swipe. Watched the car coming toward me on a 2 lane road less than 1/4 mile from my house. When it happened the individual was probably texting, he left the road twice, if I had hit the brakes it would have been head on. I floored it and he crossed behind me just barely missing side swipping me. I could not believe he missed me "BY INCHES" The grand and I were coming home from school. She just happened to be looking at what was happening also. You just never know when and what will happen. If he had both hands on the wheel he would have corrected on the first time he went off the road, one hand and over corrected.

I had very near the same thing happen to us yesterday. We were out for a couple hours late in the afternoon. We live only 8 miles from Ohio, and the roads are better there than my area of Indiana. We were driving down a winding two lane, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee came over a slight rise of a hill on a left hander (to me, right for him). He was looking down, and came left of center taking up about 1/2 our lane. There was a sharp drop off to my right, and tree line started only 5 feet or so off the road, so no where to go. I truly wondered if this was it.... then he looked up and corrected over to his lane. When we passed, he was still in my lane but only by about a foot and I was riding my right front tire hanging off the edge. That's much of the reason we ride the Slingshot so much more than the Harleys. I enjoy both, but I'm much more venerable on two wheels. It's getting to the place I have a difficult time really relaxing and enjoying a ride on the Harley, and it has little to do with my ability. Many distractions to other drivers, and inattentiveness on their behalf could easily be my demise.

Hey Bill. Good point about 4-point harness. I am looking into one now. Not to get to off topic here, but if you could share with me what 4-point harness set up you with with would be great. I am ready to buy one and installs as soon as I get my slingshot back from the shop.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• Hey Bill. Good point about 4-point harness. I am looking into one now. Not to get to off topic here, but if you could share with me what 4-point harness set up you with with would be great. I am ready to buy one and installs as soon as I get my slingshot back from the shop.

I went with the PRP 4 pt harness and love it. Beard makes a good one also both very reasonably priced.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I concur with Doc Martin and Jorgebri60, I also have a PRP harness. Only difference is I installed a five point model. You don't slide around your seat at all, especially around corners at higher speeds. Once you have them adjusted properly and the padded shoulders are quite comfortable, not as annoying as the shoulder belt on the stock ones riding up. Though I did keep the stock ones in place and drivers one buckled behind the seat to keep the dash light off.