TURBOS ONLY

• Realistically replacing the Pistons and rods how much boost do you think it would handle? It might be worth it just to beef up this joker and not worry about blowing it.

• Realistically replacing the Pistons and rods how much boost do you think it would handle? It might be worth it just to beef up this joker and not worry about blowing it.

I think the next thing to start to be an issue over 14 psi is going to be fuel delivery. Forged rods, Pistons and SS valves on stock sleaves should handle 14 psi all day. As long as bobs 2 bar tune is solid enough it should be good.

I think most guys who blew their engines blew it because they have been made to believe that a stock Le9 can handle 267 hp no problem, but I have guys local to me who told me that is far from realistic. I have been told rods at 250 hp start to break, and pistons passed 210 are an issue under boosted application. Ring gap is not set for boost and it's too tight. The more I learn about the details, the more I am happy to be tearing my engine appart and building it properly.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I think the next thing to start to be an issue over 14 psi is going to be fuel delivery. Forged rods, Pistons and SS valves on stock sleaves should handle 14 psi all day. As long as bobs 2 bar tune is solid enough it should be good.

I think most guys who blew their engines blew it because they have been made to believe that a stock Le9 can handle 267 hp no problem, but I have guys local to me who told me that is far from realistic. I have been told rods at 250 hp start to break, and pistons passed 210 are an issue under boosted application. Ring gap is not set for boost and it's too tight. The more I learn about the details, the more I am happy to be tearing my engine appart and building it properly.

Wow. 210 is hardly worth bothering with. You could probably get there or close to there naturally aspirated.

• Folks:

As many for you probably already know, 1320 Performance has come out with their new header (Edition 2 for $395) which is suppose to be for turbo applications and aftermarket exhausts. Here's what I am interested in and hopefully in the future I can get some good info.

I have the Alpha St 2 turbo with OEM manifold. Alpha's turbo setup uses the OEM manifold, however, they do have a turbo header now but it comes with an exorbitant price tag and also you will have to have the ECM retuned by Bob. Before I jump into the new 1320 Ed 2 header (which by the way comes with a very affordable price tag at $395), I want to know why it is so much cheaper than Alpha's or Hahn's turbo headers. At $395, that does not pass the common sense test for pricing (not that I am complaining) but exactly what are you getting? Why didn't 1320 performance state what kind of steel tubing was used for this new and better header when they did for their 1st one? It may be to early to ask these questions since the header just came out but before I jump and get one, I want to know what I am getting for this great price. You know the old saying, "You usually get what you pay for". Nothing would make me more happy than finding out that 1320 Performance header is made of higher than 304 steel tubing and it has been tested on an aftermarket SS turbo application (Alpha, Hahn, or Jon V) without any issues under extreme heat conditions.

• My issue is having enough fuel pressure to have the delivery consistent. I have the software to watch the fuel pressure and all the other parameters in real time. I just haven't had the time to get out and do some real world testing at higher boost levels.

I agree. I think passed 14 psi fuel pump is going to become the issue. Would be curious to know who Alpha fixes that issue on their V8 swap...

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...