Inexpensive Turbo?

• It would be quite a bit cheaper to just borrow your neighbors shotgun and blow a hole in the side of your slings engine block...
    Forcing more air into the engine is the simple (cheap) part.
    Making everything fit,look and operate properly(safely) is the hard (exspensive) part.
    Unless I missed it the ebay ad never mentions your ECU will need to be reflashed so if someone buys this bolt-on kit and does just that... bolts it on all they have is a bomb with a very short fuse. Just my 2 cents which probably isn't worth $.02 ;)

• Came across this: Polaris SlingShot T3T4 Turbo Kit Ecotec 2.4 | eBay
    I no nothing about turbos, but $1,200 & free shipping seems cheap? Again I no nothing just came across it and it's probably been posted here? lol

You may get lucky if you buy that kit. Assuming they have all the tubing, intercooler and exhaust manifold, etc., properly sized. You then need to buy the Turbo ECU reflash and hope you can guess which of the available turbo reflashes will work best with the particular turbo model they threw in with the kit and hope the different specs that affect the turbo's operation are properly matched for that tune. Also, keep in mind that you'll need to figure out some kind of exhaust hookup which may well also impact how the turbo performs even if it has been nicely matched to the engine. Just be prepared to fork out $4000 if things don't luck out.
    I'm NOT an expert on turbos, so I bought from one of the recognized name brand kit folks, Hahn in my case, but Alpha also makes a great kit. At the current time, I don't believe there are any other reliable turbo kits out there. If you catch one of Hahn's "Slightly Warm" specials, they typically offer a traded-in exhaust system free with purchase of their Stage 2 turbo kit, usually saving anywhere from $1000 or more compared to the other turbo/superchargers out there. My Hahn "slightly Warm" sale kit came to just over $4200 with exhaust and pre-modded oil pan included. The other turbo and SC systems start around $4900 and then you need to add on the cost of the exhaust which can go as high as $2K, depending on which exhaust system you go with.
    Here's some articles that explain some of the differences about turbos -
    Turbo Basics
    Turbine housing A/R and sizing | Turbobygarrett
    While the low-cost can seem attractive, I wanted the known engineering of a name brand kit. Good Luck.
    I just got an email offering a name brand turbo kit for an older Mustang and it was still priced at just over $5K!

• "May necessitate light modification to fit"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The kits usually found on Ebay are "universal" kits that need to be Heavily modified to fit your vehicle.
    All the tubes in these kits are long and would need cut down. The intercooler has no mounts to bolt to any vehicle. So on and so on ...

In short, spend the extra money now and get a kit from a reputable company ( like DDMWorks ) that has spent a lot of time and money developing a kit that is a direct bolt on and comes with everything you need to make more power. :thumbup:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Not trying to call anyone out but didn't you post somewhere a few days ago about buying your sling out right and that no one should have a loan on their sling. Something about if they can't afford it don't finance.well samething with turbos if you can't afford a real one don't go forced induction. 1200 dollar turbo setup that's what the cost of a good turbo is by itself if not more not including anything. Pretty sure I saw one of theses systems sitting in a box on the ground with no attention at one of the meets and I think they may have been handing it out for free. Don't be scared money it's only 6k for a good setup. And since you have no payment 6k should be easy for u . Because it was easy for me and I have a payment just don't believe in paying outright on something when u can finance at 1.99% that's pennies.if ur looking for the. Cheaper way to go boosted you should ask the forum I believe a couple used turbos out there that have been proven and a lot safer then the street demon setup lol

• Not trying to call anyone out but didn't you post somewhere a few days ago about buying your sling out right and that no one should have a loan on their sling. Something about if they can't afford it don't finance.well samething with turbos if you can't afford a real one don't go forced induction. 1200 dollar turbo setup that's what the cost of a good turbo is by itself if not more not including anything. Pretty sure I saw one of theses systems sitting in a box on the ground with no attention at one of the meets and I think they may have been handing it out for free. Don't be scared money it's only 6k for a good setup. And since you have no payment 6k should be easy for u . Because it was easy for me and I have a payment just don't believe in paying outright on something when u can finance at 1.99% that's pennies.if ur looking for the. Cheaper way to go boosted you should ask the forum I believe a couple used turbos out there that have been proven and a lot safer then the street demon setup lol

lol man I don't have a turbo, nor do I want a turbo. I just came across this on ebay and posted it as it seemed inexpensive, as my post above states. I never said don't finance it, as mine is financed lol. I told the kid that was thinking about getting one the only negative is if you can't buy it out right the monthly payment sucks, other than that all is positive. :P

• sorry bud i feel like a dick thanks for kindly putting me in my place shy-squared . now how can you say you don't want a turbo? well i wish i had could have held out but there was way to much fun being had so i had to go boosted. and now to late to turn back.its a never ending addiction . don't drive a boosted sling and you will be fine. i think the addiction some of us have has, to be as bad as a heroin addiction i mean not life threatening but, just AS ADDICTIVE. haven't stopped since the first pshhhh (blow off sound). MA meetings soon to start maybe .(modders Anonymous ) don't believe thats a word but thats fine. maybe some one cant start a help hotline

• My sling is still stock. That rear tire spins in 1st,2nd, and even squeaks in 3rd. Not really sure a turbo is needed in my opinion? I mean at least not for me i'm not trying to die just trying to get there at 85 to 100 miles per hour and she does that with out a problem stock.
    When I mod 1st thing 1st i will get all the SSV speaker pods and take her to a stereo shop and get that loudness going. Then i'll add led lights under,around, & over it. That's about all I want, maybe some kind of graphic kit for the hood, or get the hood painted with a Grim Reaper climbing out holding a Coors Light :thumbup::thumbsup: