Bullet Concepts Quad + FF Turbo ...

• Was a pleasure working with Bob and the guys @ Bullet Concepts on this collaboration and can't thank them enough for entrusting us with adding proper power to their personal 4 wheel monster. Their Quad kit transforms the Slingshot into something you can actually drive to it's fullest at all times. The rear is always solid and planted, extremely predictable, and begs for some driver abuse! If anyone is on the fence about adding the 4th wheel, Bullet is most definitely your answer and worth every penny, you won't be disappointed!

Bullet on the outside with a Fab Factory heart, fabrication and machining at it's finest from all angles! Bob and I both share the OCD bug to the fullest!

-Shawn-

• Fixed that for you... ;)
    @Bill Martin are we good? Legally?

Don't get me wrong, I'm at work and should have waited for time to post a full note...
    That is bad ass!!! I just wondered about the legal issues as that's what made 3 wheel vehicles void of having all the safety things cars need....
    Yes, SUPER GO-KART is to say the least! :evil::thumbsup:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

Edited once, last by JoeF. ().

• This thing is pretty friggin sweet!! And I was against adding the 4th wheel when it was first discussed. My only hang up with it, is the white steering wheel... you know how long it would take for that thing to look all grungy with my grubby little hands on the wheel??

I too wonder about the legality issues though, just from a morbid curiosity standpoint.

• From a legal standpoint it is my belief that the Sling is titled as either a motorcycle or autocycle and falls under individual states jurisdiction. As long as the vehicle meets the legal requirements to be street legal there is no problem. I base this on a simple example - the Sling was right at the weight limit to be classified as a motorcycle. Add hardly any mods and it exceeds the weight limit - so in theory most all of us are driving illegal vehicles but government has no way to enforce this infraction. I think long as you have horn, lights, usual stuff for state inspection, this Sling and all others - all is good.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In Vermont, that would have to be classified as a kit car, with car plates, front and rear. By adding the fourth tire, it does not fit the Autocycle or motocycle category. Then it's legal here. Just my opinion but reminds me of a dune buggy. Keep in mind, what does it look like? A car or motorcycle? Most cops and anyone else would call it a kit car. So in court any reasonable person would agree it's a car and the likely hood of winning is low. Just check your local or state laws

• In Vermont, that would have to be classified as a kit car, with car plates, front and rear. By adding the fourth tire, it does not fit the Autocycle or motocycle category. Then it's legal here. Just my opinion but reminds me of a dune buggy. Keep in mind, what does it look like? A car or motorcycle? Most cops and anyone else would call it a kit car. So in court any reasonable person would agree it's a car and the likely hood of winning is low. Just check your local or state laws

Great point @Shatneyman - I really did not think it thru about the 4th wheel - that definitely WOULD put it in another category- I defer to the sheriff's opinion - soooo everybody - do anything you want but stay legal with 3's Da Life :thumbsup: (Wheels that is)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Excellent looking design and appears to be high end quality construction! Kudos! Really improves the appearance also eliminating the incomplete rear look. Not sure I understand the shock absorber system. Seems like the shocks would have been better placed where the long black rods are that go from frame to wheels. I'm sure there's a good engineering reason for the extra parts and work to place it where they did.

• Excellent looking design and appears to be high end quality construction! Kudos! Really improves the appearance also eliminating the incomplete rear look. Not sure I understand the shock absorber system. Seems like the shocks would have been better placed where the long black rods are that go from frame to wheels. I'm sure there's a good engineering reason for the extra parts and work to place it where they did.

True, or it might conflict with a patten with Alpha's system so a different design was in order

Either way, a very sweet look

• Great point @Shatneyman - I really did not think it thru about the 4th wheel - that definitely WOULD put it in another category- I defer to the sheriff's opinion - soooo everybody - do anything you want but stay legal with 3's Da Life :thumbsup: (Wheels that is)

That's the issue I have. A motorcycle has either two wheels (bike) or three wheels (trike). A fourth wheel would classify it as a car. Since it is built and has a legally assigned VIN, how can you now register it as a custom built or kit car? So as a modified 2015 (or newer) slingshot with 4 wheels, are you going to have to have air bags, energy absorbing bumpers ect to be legal? I don't know the answers, but would also like to see how it would be addressed by local leos.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited 2 times, last by funinthesun ().