Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• Just got back from the shop. The guy was a real asshole about it, but... he did finally agree to just replace the 2 they jacked up though. I'll spare you guys the long drawn out details. But I'm not considering this ordeal done until I have my new rims in hand without being all jacked up.

• I am meeting with the owner tomorrow. I am going to make my case, I will be calm, and reasonable, but I will be firm. I will give him the opportunity to do the right thing and replace what his shop damaged. If he refuses, I will let him know that I will post reviews on their Facebook page, Yelp, Angie's list, Yellowpages.com and anywhere else I can think of. I will report them to the BBB. I will request those willing to support me to write letters, make phone calls, post their own reviews, etc. I will make sure he understands just how big my family here really is! I will make sure that their unwillingness to cough up the funds to make this right will cost them more in the long run.

Brother just say the word!

• Got a call yesterday evening from the tire shop letting me know the replacement rims were in. I went to pick them up, they were still in the factory boxes with the factory packaging. Very nice, everything is good!

Right? Right? Well... maybe not. I notice that my 2 brand new tires, that have never seen the road have chunks missing out of the inner edges. So I brought them to the attention of the tire shop. They said not to worry, it was purely cosmetic and wouldn't even be able to be seen once the tires were mounted. So I go to 2, not 1, but 2 different tire shops. Both were appalled that the original tire shop told me it was just cosmetic. They both told me the same thing. The steel belt is showing, this is a hazard. I let them both know that also track the vehicle and they couldn't believe the original tire shop would try to sell it off as being purely cosmetic. I should have taken pictures... :/ The second and third tire shops both agreed that they could not/would not mount the tires due to safety and liability. So I went back to the original shop and told them I had gone to 2 different shops that said they wouldn't mount the tires because they were not safe!! They agreed to replace both the tires without argument.

I cannot believe this! First, I can't believe that this tire shop will do anything to try and get rid of me. Secondly, I can't believe they have absolutely no conscience about sending me out with faulty equipment. I've told them multiple times I track this vehicle and frequently see triple digits. I hate to be dramatic, but this could seriously escalate quickly to death or serious bodily injury for myself and my passenger if I happen to be carrying one. What happens to a Slingshot when a tire blows out at 130MPH?!?! What about the other folks on the track that may be near me??

This stuff is too crazy to make up!! At this point, the original tire shop has paid for the following:

1) 1 tire to replace one of the old tires they cut THROUGH the sidewall on (I asked for the old tires back due to lots of tread life still remaining) - $130
    2) attempted repair on 2 rims - $300
    3) replacement of 2 rims due to unsatisfactory repair attempts - $400
    4) 2 new NITTO 555 G2 Tires - $280
    5) no payment for labor on the botch job they have done so far... - $65

For a total of roughly $1,175!!! At what point as an owner would you put your foot down and say "Enough is ENOUGH! STOP F#$%ING THIS DUDES SH!T UP!!! THIS IS COSTING US WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN IN AND OUT $65 JOB!!! "?

• Totally agree with your assertion!!! I can almost bet you won't be going back to those guys!!!! It's sad to believe they stood behind their own lies without batting an eye, and were content with sending you out the door with a faulty and potentially life-threatening product. Unacceptable!!! Glad you got satisfaction, though!!!

• Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch