Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• @TheRock, if all of your attempts go south, for some reason, they refuse to replace your rims and you feel as though the repair is less than desired...shoot me a PM. I have a set of gently used stock rims with a lot of useful rubber still on them. For a member in need, I'd be willing to let them go for nothing at all. I would rather see you on the street, than on the sidelines and pissed, Brother.

• @TheRock, if all of your attempts go south, for some reason, they refuse to replace your rims and you feel as though the repair is less than desired...shoot me a PM. I have a set of gently used stock rims with a lot of useful rubber still on them. For a member in need, I'd be willing to let them go for nothing at all. I would rather see you on the street, than on the sidelines and pissed, Brother.

Damn guys!! You all bring such a swelling effect on my heart. The giving nature of folks on this forum is just unreal and unlike anything I ever seen anywhere in my short time on this earth. Thank you so much @V-SHOT and @MACAWS for your more than generous offers! Please, don't feel too bad for me, I do still have my stock wheels and they are currently mounted up on the Sling. I took it for a short ride yesterday with the stock wheels on it, so I'm not really down and out... just had to pull the stockers out of storage and blow the dust off them. All this being said, I wasn't looking to make anyone feel sorry for me. I really was just looking for some folks that may be smarter than me on the subject and some advice. Huge thank you to the forum as a whole for being AWESOME! Keep doing what we do!!

He's got his stock wheels on now.

• So my drama continues... yesterday when we discussed the issue, the guy behind the desk said I could let them know today how I wanted to proceed. I slapped the stock wheels back on to drive the Sling up there, it is an absolutely gorgeous day here today! I get up there and they have already handed my rims off to the rim repair guy... :thumbdown: What happened to waiting to hear from me on how I wanted to proceed?? So I did voice that that was kind of jacked up but I guess they are trying to avoid delays on "making it right." The guy keeps telling me, that we wouldn't even be having this discussion if they didn't mess up. I'm not sure why, but every time he says it I feel like :00000003: NO SHIT! we wouldn't be having this discussion if you didn't screw up. That's why I'm wasting this beautiful day sitting here talking about this instead of being out riding. I guess I'm a push over, I agreed that I would wait to see how they look when they come back, but if I'm not 100% satisfied, then we go from there...

I have a bad feeling that this is going to end up in wheel replacement, but is going to take forever in the process.

If there close and your still not 100% happy and you were considering having rims powder coated or painted, maybe this is where you can take advantage of that. I don't know what a new rim goes for , but thinking painting would be cheaper for them??

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I'm so angry right now... I have to vent!! :00007991::00008014:

So I got a call from the tire shop last night saying my wheels had just come in and I could come pick them up today. I went by the shop as soon as I got off work to go take a look at them. They were back in the garage, not the best lighting, and still immediately I could tell they weren't right. They only sent off 2 of the three wheels. The 2 wheels that went off (front wheels) came back a slightly different hue, but they are supper glossy! My rear wheel is gun metal, with some metallic flake, but it isn't glossy. They don't match... I also noticed quite a bit of orange peel, they did not build up the parts that got ground down like they said they would, they just sanded them. I told them I wasn't happy with them and they told me the guy I had been dealing with was out to lunch, but could call me to discuss. So he called me about an hour ago to tell me there was nothing else they could do and that his hands were tied. He said, and I quote, "This is just going to be one of those situations where everyone all the way around loses." I told him I wasn't accepting that. I stayed calm, I didn't yell, I didn't cuss. I explained to him that I was trying to be as reasonable as possible, but I did not bring refurbished wheels in, and I did not feel it was right to expect me to accept refurbished wheels walking out. I asked him where he sat in the food chain. He told me he was the shop manager. I asked who was tying his hands and he told me the owner. I asked to speak with the owner. He said he would call him and see if he would speak with me. So he just called me back and said that the owner would like to offer me a $300 check + my wheels as are to put this behind us. I told him I didn't want $300, I wanted the wheels as they were when I brought them in. So he said the manager will meet with me tomorrow. I'm not sure what will come out of this, but at this point, I am so aggravated and I think I am about to just bend over and take it with no lube... sorry for the graphic illustration.

In the last couple years I have been screwed out of a $3000 deposit, a $1700 deposit and now a set of wheels... I know others have things worse, like health problems or losing loved ones, so I'm trying to keep it in perspective... just so damn angry right now! Why can't you have something nice without people screwing it up and not wanting to own it.

:00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003::00000003:

• Because the majority of people you meet are miserable little creatures scuttling around with sad insignificant lives. The funny part is how many of them have overblown ego and sense of self worth. That's why it's so important to grab a few good ones and hang on to them.

• @TheRock let me know how I can help .... posting on their Facebook or website or calling or letters or hell even the old number six .... just say the word sir

sent from my FAST red slingshot

Ross

I think a forum write in would be pretty effective, I am in

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!