Report your current weather here.

• I was hoping to but then this happened……my first time in my 20 years of driving

dat sucks!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just up the road from Mr. DJohnson, beautiful day in NE Florida. Surgery next week will keep me down for a few weeks. Hoping to get a few more rides in tomorrow and Saturday before putting the battery tender on until TBD.

• New Years Eve in Vegas could be interesting - perhaps you might want to head over to Freemont street tomorrow night - I bet it might get interesting

Sara and I have probably spent 20 new years here and most of them on Fremont. And yes, the action is always wild and unpredictable. Our last trip there on new years with our niece and her husband, they spotted Vince Neil walking in. They have at least 3 bands playing simultaneously all night and Vince owns a rock and roll bar in Pahrump so they figured he was performing. They stopped him and he was kind enough to take pics with the ladies. As they wrapped up, security showed up and booted him out. Turned out he was an imposter and slipped through security with us as we presented our tickets. I still laugh about their 'brush with celebrity.

This was fun in our 20's,30's, 40's and 50's. Now that I'm in my 60's I just want to get home.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Looks like the new year is going to have a nice start

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Images

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, Texas weather. December 2021 has been the Hottest December EVER on record, averaging over 10+ degrees higher than normal. Set 3 records during the month in Austin. It was 83 yesterday.

And then 2022 comes in like a wrecking ball. It's supposed to still be in the high 60s/low 70s on Sat night - and then we drop 50 degrees by 6am Sunday.

• 60 deg. yesterday, upper 20s this morning with some snow. Interesting photo. When I laid down this patio I used foam pads under the pavers. The checkerboard pattern is outlined where they join together and the earths heat is allowed to pass through.

• 60 deg. yesterday, upper 20s this morning with some snow. Interesting photo. When I laid down this patio I used foam pads under the pavers. The checkerboard pattern is outlined where they join together and the earths heat is allowed to pass through.

Interesting. I'm going to lay a paver front courtyard and a paver raised garden bed area this spring which I've never done before (it seems like half my life is doing stuff I don't know how to do). My plan is geotextile fabric, crushed rock screeded and compacted, screeded sand then pavers. I'm not aware of a foam pad product. Can you elaborate? I will also be researching edging products. That's a nice space - and less grass to mow!

• Interesting. I'm going to lay a paver front courtyard and a paver raised garden bed area this spring which I've never done before (it seems like half my life is doing stuff I don't know how to do). My plan is geotextile fabric, crushed rock screeded and compacted, screeded sand then pavers. I'm not aware of a foam pad product. Can you elaborate? I will also be researching edging products. That's a nice space - and less grass to mow!

Lowes sells the pads. They are great to save the hard work (digging). But and in my opinion only if you are using "rustic" pavers that don't have a defined straight edge. It's been about 10 years and if my memory serves when using the pads I only dug down about 6", 4 for the bricks + 2 more to place the coarse sand leveled and tamped. Then brushed in paver set and worked it between the bricks then watered. I was nervous with the pads because the pavers rocked a bit but after putting in the paver set (poymeric sand) and watering they have been rock steady for over 10 years!

For the other patio against the house I used traditional straight & flat bricks. If memory serves I dug down about 16 in" 4 for the brick + 12", using a large amount of course sand, tamping, then a shallow laver of the finer sand, tamping again, setting the bricks and brushing in paver set, tamping, brusing in paver set again, tamping again, final brush in of paver set and misting with water.

The pads aren't cheap, you might save a buck or two but it really saves some back breaking work and hold up great. I would recommend them if using a rustic type paver. One more note you don't want to use the pads if it's for a driveway of parking vehicles.

• Appreciate the info Frankie55 , I am using used keyhole pavers for the garden but have already excavated and placed and compacted the 3/4- gravel there before the weather turned. I'll likely use rectangles and squares in the front courtyard. Having an excavator on site makes the digging part pretty easy. I went down 12-14 inches and will grade the perimeter to match when completed.

• A few more inches of snow and a beautiful sunset to go with it. The roads are salted and brined. Calling for more snow Friday most likely adding to the salt. Unfortunately, it's looks like the time of the year the sling will be nesting in the garage for a while.

• A few more inches of snow and a beautiful sunset to go with it. The roads are salted and brined. Calling for more snow Friday most likely adding to the salt. Unfortunately, it's looks like the time of the year the sling will be nesting in the garage for a while.

Need to get the Slingshot out for a quick picture in the snow...

• Need to get the Slingshot out for a quick picture in the snow...

I thought about it but the motorcycle sits in the garage doorway and would need to come out first. For sure the lake effect snows up your way will provide the opportunity! Enjoy the snow!

• I thought about it but the motorcycle sits in the garage doorway and would need to come out first. For sure the lake effect snows up your way will provide the opportunity! Enjoy the snow!

We are going to load the Slingshot on the trailer tomorrow ... got the snow off the drive and it's going to be dry tomorrow. Heading to Florida next week... Little warm for a couple of weeks.