Cams + Supercharger = Happiness

• Lol you guys are about as patient as I am when it comes to waiting on new go fast parts. I like it !! :thumbsup:

We are back in the Office and Lab on this rather cold Monday. Going to keep pushing forward and we will keep you guys posted.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Looking at these numbers again... I tell you they get us Supercharger guys in @MACAWS backyard... but with some extra grip/traction on the rear. Who knows I think we can catch @rabtech with some tweaks.... well maybe not! BUT he want be pulling away from us with this combo!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Like I said ,when you get ready to try the cam on a NA SS let me know. I will come to you.

Okay. I agree. Natural Aspirated needs some love to.... you have my vote brother! What would be AWSOME if it gives NA a serious 19-21hp boost.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• We have decided the wife's sling will stay a NA. The cams will be a must if they work out.

In my opinion she would love the sound .... and the little extra bump in power. WIN WIN!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Looking at these numbers again... I tell you they get us Supercharger guys in @MACAWS backyard... but with some extra grip/traction on the rear. Who knows I think we can catch @rabtech with some tweaks.... well maybe not! BUT he want be pulling away from us with this combo!

Your going to have to tweak that supercharger into the shape of a turbo to get into my neighborhood...... :)

I wouldn't try it... I have been chasing the HP dragon for a while. You will either find the dragon and want more or you will find the dragon and he will burn you a new ass.... The latter will probably happen. Trust me.... I have stayed at the Best Western in Piedmont SC a few nights! And I have reservations for the 19th, 20th, and 21st..... I hear that they have big dragons in Piedmont SC at a castle called DDM..... One day I will sleigh those dragons and top my old dyno numbers. I will. I will. I know I will....

I fear it may be to late to save all of you from craving the hunt of the HP dragon....I can tell you when the dragon does get you it's not pretty. Just ask Dave and he will tell you... It will cause your SS to bleed green (or orange) blood out of your exhaust pipe... Then it will cause you to reach into your back pocket and grab your wallet and toss money at the castle called DDM. It's the strangest shit in the world. You can't help yourself... It must be some kind of evil voodoo or witchcraft!!!!

I will beat the dragon next weekend. I will. I will. I know I can top my last numbers!!!! I know I can. I WILL!

• Okay. I agree. Natural Aspirated needs some love to.... you have my vote brother! What would be AWSOME if it gives NA a serious 19-21hp boost.

I'm interested in the NA numbers with this cam also, or even a different cam designed for that. I think 19-21 HP boost is not setting the goal high enough. Harley rated my 103 CI at 75 HP stock if I'm not mistaken. I was able to change cams, lifters, 2 into 1 V&H pipe, and breather with a tune and got 105 rear wheel dependable HP. You lose maybe 15 HP thru the drivetrain, and Harley rates their number at the crank. So that's around 45 HP gain.

With DDM's work, I would really be surprised if they couldn't get 215/225 at the rear with no more than cams, CAI, Header with CAT delete and free flowing pipe with a reflash.

And honestly, I'd just as soon go that route and stay NA. That would put enough in it to make me happy for awhile.... (gotta hit the HP junk in steps, too much and one turns into a dragon chaser like @rabtech...)

• I'm interested in the NA numbers with this cam also, or even a different cam designed for that. I think 19-21 HP boost is not setting the goal high enough. Harley rated my 103 CI at 75 HP stock if I'm not mistaken. I was able to change cams, lifters, 2 into 1 V&H pipe, and breather with a tune and got 105 rear wheel dependable HP. You lose maybe 15 HP thru the drivetrain, and Harley rates their number at the crank. So that's around 45 HP gain.
    With DDM's work, I would really be surprised if they couldn't get 215/225 at the rear with no more than cams, CAI, Header with CAT delete and free flowing pipe with a reflash.

And honestly, I'd just as soon go that route and stay NA. That would put enough in it to make me happy for awhile.... (gotta hit the HP junk in steps, too much and one turns into a dragon chaser like @rabtech...)

You may be on to something, When DDM did my NA Dyno I was at 181 rwhp - both Jeff and Dave repeated that test a couple times to make sure the numbers where true. So its possible I think to get to that mark

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I already have DDMWorks CAI installed. I've been looking at the 1320 header/exhaust combo, with a reflash (or not). I planned to stay NA (have reconsidered with the SC, but not sold yet and don't know cost to do such), so the CAI was a given to me at the time I bought it. I know there's not the numbers in it for DDM like the SC or turbos, both in $$$ and HP, but I think there is a real market for this. I don't personally know one person that has a Harley that has a turbo or SC on it, but most all of them have cam swap, breather, exhaust, and remap. Night and day on power from stock, and anyone that runs stock that tries to stay with them gets embarrassed. I think it would be the same with the SS. Not everyone can afford the cost of big HP, nor the risk of blowing it up chasing the HP dragon. But I believe that a cam switch staying NA would have much greater numbers in volume. Personally, I think there would be many that would step up for a kit that had cams, CAI, header and free exhaust with a remap in the $2500 range give or take to attain 225 RWHP. Turbo will be double plus for the cost, and yes more HP. But that could well end up being over $10,000 if you happen smoke the engine, and that's in the back of many people's thoughts. I know it is mine.

With the SS rated at 173 HP, I assume that's at the crank. Lucky to get 160 at rear wheel stock. Bump that 50/65 HP, that's about all you can get to the ground without feathering the throttle if running the twistys. It will make hard line acceleration up to 60 MPH at the edge of breaking loose or possibly breaking loose. The large number HP would be fun at 90 MPH and then hitting it, but that's usually about the fastest I tend to go on a regular basis. Most of my riding is 0-80.... even 0-65 honestly. 225 RWHP would be likely all the fun I'd need to keep me happy, and could be done keeping reliability.

If DDMWorks pursues in this direction, put me on the list of wanting it.

• I start most of my "Challenges" at around 80 mph mark pulling WAY into and past 140mph zone (on closed course, do not attempt) but also love heavy twistys with hard pullouts on the flats in between. SC is perfect for my needs. Its all on what YOU want from yours! :)

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• I'm interested in the NA numbers with this cam also, or even a different cam designed for that. I think 19-21 HP boost is not setting the goal high enough. Harley rated my 103 CI at 75 HP stock if I'm not mistaken. I was able to change cams, lifters, 2 into 1 V&H pipe, and breather with a tune and got 105 rear wheel dependable HP. You lose maybe 15 HP thru the drivetrain, and Harley rates their number at the crank. So that's around 45 HP gain.

That is what I did to my Soft Tail Slim