Sneak Peak - DDMWorks Limelights - They are so Bright!

• We have been working on something that is typically not something you would see from us. Going to all of the shows we see a lot of LED's and at night they are kinda cool to see, but during the day, seeing all the strips is not something I liked.

So we have worked and gone through several development cycles this year to create something that is really cool and we will be releasing soon, but I wanted to give you guys here a peak.

These are LED strips that we are having made in colors, so that during the day they blend in with the paint on the Slingshot, but at night they are brighter than anything else we have tested. This first batch is single color, meaning that the LED's just light up 1 color, but we have the RGB versions in the works also. Me personally, I love the single color, looks really clean at night and during the day.

This is an install that we did over last weekend on our Slingshot with some of the first production lights -

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/133606/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/133609/

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/133607/

In this picture you can see how much light they are putting out, it floods the entire area around the Slingshot -

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/133608/

Then the cool part is during the day the lights blend into the paint -

• I'm glad you posted this! I lost the other thread and have been meaning to get back with you on these. I did get your message and contradictory to my previous statement about not liking to see the source of the light, these eliminate that and are essentially begging to be shown as you did on yours. The blending in with colors on the paint is great.

So question, and I'm sure it will be the first of many, the way you have run them in your photos does that mean they will be trimmable to the desired length or will they come in predetermined sizes? Obviously with single colors there won't be as much need for a controller but with the rgb do you have something in the works to change patterns and color combos? Or maybe some kind of controller period to be maybe be able to coordinate multiple single color combos?

I'm sure alot of this will be coming out when they are released but I really think I may hold off on redoing my lighting until these are ready. Any ETA in mind on release of the single color or rgb?

• I'm glad you posted this! I lost the other thread and have been meaning to get back with you on these. I did get your message and contradictory to my previous statement about not liking to see the source of the light, these eliminate that and are essentially begging to be shown as you did on yours. The blending in with colors on the paint is great.

So question, and I'm sure it will be the first of many, the way you have run them in your photos does that mean they will be trimmable to the desired length or will they come in predetermined sizes? Obviously with single colors there won't be as much need for a controller but with the rgb do you have something in the works to change patterns and color combos? Or maybe some kind of controller period to be maybe be able to coordinate multiple single color combos?

I'm sure alot of this will be coming out when they are released but I really think I may hold off on redoing my lighting until these are ready. Any ETA in mind on release of the single color or rgb?

We have 5 meter rolls currently in production for the single color LED lights and those can be trimmed to custom lengths every 25mm. If you are decent with soldering you can then solder on new leads and make a bunch of strips from that 5 meters. Now that we did the installation last weekend we have confirmed all the cut lengths for the kits and those should start production next week. Once those cut lengths come in, we will offer kits that come with the pre-cut lengths for installation. There are 11 kits that we will be offering that do different parts of the Slingshot and they can all be installed independent of each other.

Once we have the RGB strips, we have been testing a controller that works really well. It has some cool features and is relatively inexpensive and does 40 different patterns, plus different colors in those patterns, speeds, etc along with also having a built in microphone for syncing to sound.

We have already reached out to the company that makes the Neutrino boxes and will be offering those on the single color kits as an option. If you are not familiar with those, they will allow you to dim the lights (they are so bright at night it is hard to see actually), you can set a timer for the lights to stay on after you shut off the Slingshot, you can change light intensity with speed, etc. It has a lot of neat functionality.

No hard release time on the RGB right now, we have a couple more samples on the way that we wanted to confirm the color we want. Once those get here they will go into production as the technology we developed for them is good, just picking exterior colors at this point.

The single color rolls and kits should be here in January and the RGB stuff should be about a month or so later.

• Would this be legal to drive down the street with the lights on?

Depends on the state. Some states do not allow you to even install blue lights on a vehicle, let alone drive with them on. Other states, like Texas, do not care at all, as long as the lights are not flashing. All of the RGB lights out there can technically display blue, so they would technically also be illegal in any state that says you can not have them. All this being said, it seems to kinda be up to the local police what they want to pull you over for. There is a good site I have been familiarizing myself with - https://www.neonlaws.com/

That site lists all 50 states and what is currently legal and illegal.

• Back when I worked in Philadelphia I started work at 6 a.m. Most of the time it was dark. I was always a bit nervous riding in a low vehicle among heavy traffic (trucks) in the dark. I installed bike lights on the roll bars and covered the lense with white electrical tape to tone them down and didn't use the blinking mode. I passed by police in NJ and PA to include the guards at the work gate. No issues.

The DDMWorks lights are a bit more in style. I may get a set for the roll bars and fin for what I consider a safety stand point.

• Well there goes my red, white, and blue revolving wheel lights. I knew blue was good the same with red but they just looked so good. I am not sure what my under glow is I forget to turn them on most of the time.

If the music is to loud you are to old.