Spring ID - need confirmation

• asked the question in the tech section but only got crickets.....

What are the Spring ID's

Front - 1-7/8", 2"?
    Rear - 2-1/2"?

Thanks...

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck if you are using adjustable shock you have at least 1" of adjustment
    If you are just trying to shorten the spring on a stock pogo stick I have not a clue

it is for stock applications. Just thinking about something.
    Anyone want to sell me your used OE shocks and springs... grin-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• nope... Good on the muffler and down pipe.
    Will pay for shocks/springs/ and shipping.
    You let me know.

Thanks.

There was a time when DDM Works were looking into just springs but nothing became of it. Have the loaded and unloaded lengths and want to increase load to 200 for the front and maybe 300 for the rear but lower about 1" to 1.5" from stock. Springs run about $50-$70 each. QA1 looks to be the best bang for the buck.
    With the bushing / sway bar upgrade and the spring swap I should have a budget suspension upgrade for under $200-$250.
    I'm willing to test it for that little of money.

Again I know this will be no where as good as the aftermarket but that's not what I'm looking for.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• 2.5" springs will fit stock shocks. If you go with 10" length at 250#, it will lower the front about 7/8".

The back is a little bit trickier since there is no spring rate and length that we have found that is a direct plug and play to get the same drop in the back. We ended up using a threaded sleeve in the back to test on ours and get the ride height correct.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• 2.5" springs will fit stock shocks. If you go with 10" length at 250#, it will lower the front about 7/8".

The back is a little bit trickier since there is no spring rate and length that we have found that is a direct plug and play to get the same drop in the back. We ended up using a threaded sleeve in the back to test on ours and get the ride height correct.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

@Dave@DDMWorks thanks... That was what I was looking for. The rear info is good because I was wondering about that.
    7/8" would be perfect. Guess I'll now look at a simple rework of the rear bracket to lower the shock mounting point by about 3/4" - 7/8".
    Simple enough. Will require cutting of the stock bracket to clear the shock housing.
    Might just make a stronger mount anyway.
    Boy was I off on the IDs... Was away from the SS and was having a brain fart for sure.

Just ordered a set of QA1 springs to test. With shipping they came to $109.00
    Hope they ship out of the GA warehouse.
    Now to look for poly bushings for the stock shocks, and see if they can even be replaced.
    Get to play tonight in the garage a little.

Thanks again. Hope you got the info I sent you

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• You probably can find some poly bushings for the stock shocks, I would probably not worry too much about that though, let me know if you need any help with that though.

I will see what I can find on the rear spring and pearch we were using here. We had one of the simple adjustable coilover sleeves you can get off Ebay for not much that we used on the stock rear shock with a spring. That combination allowed us to adjust pre-load on the spring and get the ride height to match the front. You might take a look at going that path for the rear since it is relatively inexpensive to do, here is what the pearchs we used looked like for testing -

88-91 CIVIC CRX EF SI JDM ADJUSTABLE DAMPER COILOVER ALUMINUM SLEEVE SET RED KIT

Our plan was to just make a new billet mount like we offer now that was just a little bit shorter and sell it with the front springs. If people end up liking what you are doing, we could put that all into production pretty quick actually.

Thanks again for the info you sent over, really appreciate it!

As always if there is anything we can help with, just let us know.
    Dave

• Thanks @Dave@DDMWorks and @Shatneyman...
    I think I'll go with the lower mount for now. have never used the slip on adjusters and not so sure about their overall durability... then again they cant be worse than the stock Sacks shocks.

Also got my tracking number from Summit Racing. The springs shipped from the GA warehouse today and I'll get them tomorrow. freaking fast..... :00007555:

(Slingshot Owners Group)