The Slingshot World

• As I sat on the deck of the beautiful condo that Noel Hughes hooked me up with at Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, FL I had time to reflect on the past 2 years since purchasing my Slingshot. When I bought my SS I really had no idea that it would become a life changing event. I cannot believe the kindness that I have been shown by the members of our community. From Indiana to Texas to Florida to N Carolina and everywhere in between I have been afforded the opportunity to meet many of you with hopes of meeting many more. Having met many of you here or on the dark side - meeting you in person always exceeded my expectation. Not having a lot of experience mechanically someone is always ready to take the time to explain something in detail to where my mechanically challenged ass can understand. I rode Harleys for 40 years and met loads of great people...and some buttholes. I don't know what it is about our group - maybe it is because most of us are a little older, made our bones, and nothing to prove but EVERYONE I have met is just as great a folks as a guy would ever wanna meet and NO buttholes :) I just want you all to know you have warmed the heart of a jaded, ole, retired counselor and I thank you for restoring some of my faith in humanity. It is my goal to meet all that I haven't met yet and shake your hand. You have been warned :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• You better hurry and get in as many trips as you can before January 20th if that lying bitch gets in office. Maybe you could get up early on November 8th and ride from state to state and vote in each one since those liberals don't require an ID to vote.

See you later this week buddy

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bill, you and Angie need to stop by the house while you are out Phil's way. I'm probably only about 40 minutes or so away from him.
    We can throw some steaks on the grill and fire up some Cubans...

With an offer like that ya really didn't think there was any way I was not coming to your house??? :thumbsup: That's southern hospitality at its FINEST!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• ...I had time to reflect on the past 2 years since purchasing my Slingshot. When I bought my SS I really had no idea that it would become a life changing event. I cannot believe the kindness that I have been shown by the members of our community...EVERYONE I have met is just as great a folks as a guy would ever wanna meet and NO buttholes

Well said Bill. I'm sure many of us thought we were just buying a cool toy. We were all so wrong. Best group of people ever assembled make up our Slingshot family. :)

Well said, gentlemen. I have to concur, and it's been a great realization. And, ever since @sideseatdriver has become active on this forum, that exact conversation happens with some recurring frequency. And BTW, Bill, you are on the list of members she has specifically said she wants to meet. Fair warning your damn self.

• EVERYONE I have met is just as great a folks as a guy would ever wanna meet and NO buttholes

It's safe to say, you haven't met @BONES yet!!! :00008356::00008356:
    (Man, am I gonna pay for this!!) :00007991::00008862:

And BTW, Bill, you are on the list of members she has specifically said she wants to meet

Jared!! I better be on that list brah!!! :00009069:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Very well put @Bill Martin
    I have to agree 100%, hell I never thought I would not only be proud to know a lawyer but actually enjoy his company. Hope we get to toss a few back before SSITS, which we all insist you attend!
    Drive safe my friend!
    @BONES you are right in there with the best of them.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This group is a great mix of personalities and interests. I also belong to a group International group of Motorcycle riders. One day I was talking to one of my local group who mentioned how great it was to be accepted for himself and not his job or position. Then he let me know he was a cop and it was the first group he was involved with that did not ask him to "fix" a ticket or something businesswise. This level of acceptance is great. With a few exceptions we don't know what others do or did for a living and we don't care. We just accept others with respect for their good taste in riding machines.....

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Rab, You are the only one here that needs the COSTCO version of ticket fixin"

Rab has the LEO'S sign his frequent speeder pass so he gets a volume discount on the fine and free points added to his insurance. lol

But nothing comes close our beloved Kenny_H who has the (explitive deleted) to actually PASS a Georgia Highway Patrol officer going over 100 mph. He gets rewarded with his very own SUPER SPEEDER AWARD. Go Kenny!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @Bill Martin, well said! I for sure never thought the SS would make such a change in my life, and then I rode Across America followed by Booze and Blues. I have been truly honored and humbled by the outpouring of friendship along the way, both in person and on this forum. I did attend and met great people at SSITS, but sort of stayed on the sidelines. That won't happen again! Now I look forward to welcoming Crystal home Nov. 5 and the Christmas Toy Run Nov. 11 and 12 - meaning seeing friends and meeting new ones! Thank you to all who have brightened my life!