Trailer rental

• So I found a trailer today for rent. 7' wide flat bed with two ramps, and I have ramps here at the house for the third wheel. No tiedown points in the desk, so I'll have to get creative, but I think we can do it. Best part is, should only run me $120 for 5 days. Score!

Do it so this won't happen to you!

It was a fu#%ing challenge to get it down without damage!

• And hopefully, the ramps on the trailer aren't too steep, but if they can't be finessed, we'll just fall back on the original plan of driving two vehicles to Murphy. Not optimal, but we'd already accepted it as a possibility.

I have a 7 x 14 utility trailer with a 6ft ramp tail gate...I hook the trailer to the
    tow vechiel and than use the jack to raise the front of the trailer as much as possible while parking in a spot with the best possible angle position. You don't have much on each side and if you have the 'fancier' aftermarket wheels maybe less.

• @EjFord, what is your tow vehicle , and how heavy is your trailer?

@KayTwo, I tow with a 2011 Ford Edge 6cyl, it does it OK---sometimes get into the mode----"I think I can" The trailer is 1500lbs, all steal with a wood deck.
    I went this way --- will work for the Slingshot and I can use it in my business
    (little tax advantage)

• @KayTwo, I tow with a 2011 Ford Edge 6cyl, it does it OK---sometimes get into the mode----"I think I can" The trailer is 1500lbs, all steal with a wood deck. I went this way --- will work for the Slingshot and I can use it in my business
    (little tax advantage)

Man. Nice setup. We've got a V6 AWD Traverse, and they're telling me I'm limited to something like 2k lbs if I put a hitch on it, but I don't know if that's total trailer weight or tongue weight...seems if you can do a 1500# trailer with a 1700# Sling with yours, I should be able to, too. I need to get smarter.

• Man. Nice setup. We've got a V6 AWD Traverse, and they're telling me I'm limited to something like 2k lbs if I put a hitch on it, but I don't know if that's total trailer weight or tongue weight...seems if you can do a 1500# trailer with a 1700# Sling with yours, I should be able to, too. I need to get smarter.

I started out to buy a 7 x 14 single axel (about $1,500.00) but ended up with the
    dual axel which has the electric breaks (about $2,500.00) plus about $700.00
    hitch and break system for the Edge. With the single axel you do not need electric breaks --- the trailer is lighter weight and will carry the Slingshot without any problem. One of the guys trailers his Slingshot from Oregon to Florida every Spring/Winter with a single axel and uses the Polaris Trailering
    cover. I have the Trailering cover and use it when I trailer.....Don't trailer
    much (I ride 42,000+ miles since Feb 2015). But mid winter will again this year probably go South from Northern Indiana for a couple of weeks...

I probably suggest a single axel 7 x 14 with a 6 ft tail gate. The saving trailer $1,000.00 and electric break for SUV $500.00. MY TWO-CENTS.gif

• As far as the cover you mention...are you talking about the OEM cover that Polaris sells? If so, how good a job does it do? Any issues with it flapping, coming off or rubbing underneath?? Do you any additional strapping or bungees to hold it on?

• I've trailered with the OEM cover, it works pretty well, with just the attached 2 straps underneath. I did notice some discoloration on portions of the 2 rollbars. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm assuming it could be from abrasion due to the cover while traveling. But overall, I'm happy with using it.

• As far as the cover you mention...are you talking about the OEM cover that Polaris sells? If so, how good a job does it do? Any issues with it flapping, coming off or rubbing underneath?? Do you any additional strapping or bungees to hold it on?

I have the OEM Polaris 'Trailering Cover" --- complete as is and works super.
    Only minor problem is the buckles rough up the lower black plastic just a little.
    I trailered from Northern Indiana to Florida to Louisiana to Home and will use it
    every time I'm headed south in the winter. @Bill Martin always uses the cover
    and he trailers a lot. I was lucky and found one on the forum for sale and grabbed it. Worth the money if you are going to trailer a lot. My Slingshot has been on the trailer 2,500 miles with 42,000 miles on the Slingshot. Check @Samowens44 for his trailering and covering videos.

• Thx EJ, I watched the Sam video..Good stuff!! Don't think it would work on mine because it's very snug and I've got a U.P. rooftop, Corbin bags and evolution fenders. Thinking of trying a car cover I've got that has mirror pockets and is fairly snug with a lot of bungees. It'd be nice if we could do a shrink wrap setup like when they trailer new boats.

• I've ridden up to Maggie Twice from South Florida and other long distance shows also. Wouldn't mind staying dry and comfy and towing it in future (but I'd feel bad if my baby was back there getting wet and dirty). Given the width, it needs a fairly large enclosed. Would be an easier tow with an open trailer but I'd like to cover it somehow.