I know where those Alpha boxes were headed!

• @Switchblade Are you sure you are only seeing 7psi of boost with that wastegate spring combo? Most of us with the combo are over 9psi.

What boost gauge and exhaust/header are you running?

The next step is to throw a green spring in the wastegate and see what happens. Make sure all your bolts are nice a snug and watch your AFR numbers closely.

With green, you should be seeing at least 10 psi.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• @TravAZ @Turbosling

Running an innovate gauge from DDM. Measuring AFR and boost. Running a V2 1320 header with Alpha side exhaust. O2 bung was welded by Alpha in the side exhaust about 6-7 after turbo. Running BoB tune. Vacuum is t'd off by intake. No leaks that I can see. Highest I have seen is 7.2

• @TravAZ @Turbosling

Running an innovate gauge from DDM. Measuring AFR and boost. Running a V2 1320 header with Alpha side exhaust. O2 bung was welded by Alpha in the side exhaust about 6-7 after turbo. Running BoB tune. Vacuum is t'd off by intake. No leaks that I can see. Highest I have seen is 7.2

Something doesn't add up here. Check your header flange bolts to the turbo and the bolts from the hot side of the turbo to the side exhaust. Make sure they are all tight.

If everything is tight, switch to a green spring and see what PSI you hit. You should be fine if you have ARP studs. Just don't lug it and make big boost at low RPMs.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• @Switchblade here is great way to test for leaks that I learned from forum members a while back.

1: Take a wet rag, wet ball of papertowel or wet hand towel and "PLUG" the exit pipe of your exhaust with it.

2: Use an air compressor with blower nozzle attached to hose. Squeeze nozzle past your wet "PLUG".

3: Have a spray bottle of water with some drops of dish soap mixed in. Heavily spray all joints, all around joints.

4: Look for bubbles. Bubbles equal a leak.

I found that my smelling exhaust fumes was from a bad gasket and not my after market exhaust with this technique. Replaced gasket and no more fumes. People can use this technique before firing up their sling after exhaust mods. Those exhaust heat up quick and take quite a while to cool down to make needed adjustments.

• @rabtech
    Your original post said fedex red packages. Does that mean you have to return this setup at some point???

Do you think I would go to the effort of removing and reinstalling if it had to come back off. This isn't a H3 headlight bulb. This is some serious stuff I'm playing with. I may even cut my finger installing all this. Or even worse I may have to drive to Canada and find @iNewton and a damn long runway just to show him how we make our power on the bottom side of the RPM band! :):):)

In all seriousness I wasn't told it would have to go back. I think he wants me to run my loud mouth if I think its worth keeping. I tend to do that occasionally. That's why I think it's pretty bold of him to send someone like me his kit. I have made some big numbers with the one I have. So he must really belive in his product to ask me to try it out and review it. ....... :):)

• Power is always fun in more than one way. But in my eyes our dyno is a tool to test and tune. If we make big power cool, but its main purpose is to dial a machine in.

Remember last year at the Firm. Richard with our kit at only 4 psi making allot less power than others took first place.

You have to give Richard some credit for driving ability!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Power is always fun in more than one way. But in my eyes our dyno is a tool to test and tune. If we make big power cool, but its main purpose is to dial a machine in.

Remember last year at the Firm. Richard with our kit at only 4 psi making allot less power than others took first place.

Do you think I would go to the effort of removing and reinstalling if it had to come back off. This isn't a H3 headlight bulb. This is some serious stuff I'm playing with. I may even cut my finger installing all this. Or even worse I may have to drive to Canada and find @iNewton and a damn long runway just to show him how we make our power on the bottom side of the RPM band! :):):)

@Turbosling would love to put my SS on a track against other Slings. Here in Montreal I haven't seen a faster SS yet, my main goal was to keep up with a Trex on a track.

Now Trex is too easy, I have too much power in a straight line, and cornering is about the same. Braking, trex kills me, well I don't have a BBk on my sling yet, but you love to review your kit (wink wink) lol I can give you my address if you ever feel the need to give stuff away for reviewing again haha! Right now looking more towards Sling Street, they have a nice kit for the 3 wheels too for less money.

@rabtech I have raced an alpha kit, both in original forms (non forged engine with 8 psi springs in both setups) and I can say that Jonv kit is faster and spools quicker. In Alpha's defense, the guy didn't have the headers which would help a lot with spool time. Also, he is running a super silent side exhaust, while my kit is a 12 inch resonator straight exit.

Btw, I have to say I was super impressed by the Alpha exhaust being so silent. His kit makes less noise than the stock exhaust. Very impressive feat. Too soft for me, but def a selling point for guys who want more power without the racket. I was impressed test driving his machine. Very impressed.

Exhaust gets my two thumbs up!

On the minus side, both Alpha kits I have seen have idle smoking issue even after the intake manifold mod Henry told me about. It helped but not fixed it yet. One kit I installed, one kit (the one I raced) was installed by a Alpha dealer in NJ, so I know its not me or something I did.

Also had issues with bolts holding the exhaust to the turbo coming loose on the kit installed in NJ. Same guy I had to replace the grommet that holds the tube going to the intake from the valve cover because it had cut itself up from vibration and tube was unsealed and loose, and had to bend heatshield a bit because it was hitting on the intake tube and damaging the tube.

On the plus side, which you don't get to see because you have a clear finish, the coating on the parts look topnotch. Really nice stuff and doesn't scratch easy. I like it.

We have really nice tracks here in Montreal if you ever come to our part of the world, Mecaglisse (where I will be racing 4 other slings and 30 trex on sept 17th), Mont Tremblant, Sanair, Circuit St-Eustache (where they held North American drift championship) all 1h drive from one another.

If you like open roads, we have Charlevoix where they host north american Rally races, lots of turns, hills and straights.

All in good fun :)

PS Henry, I will give you my address just in case hahah ;)

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I don't know how this system will spool up yet. Key word is "yet"...But if it comes up on boost any faster than my Hahn did it will be damn near instantaneous. @iNewton If you get a chance you should make a couple of videos showing yours pulling in the top 3 gears. I am just curious where in the RPM band yours makes power. I don't typically care about 0-70. I like power to get me from 70-130 real quick.

Basically I would like to see a video of how yours pulls in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. That would help me and others to kinda have a baseline of what you were talking about.

Anytime I can be running 80 mph in 4th and lay into the gas and the speedometer gains 10 mph a second I'm happy. That is where torque wins over horsepower. The first 2 gears are horsepower. And in our case it's not that useful....

I have never been able to hook first and second gear and now 3rd brakes loose till I get some speed going and then lay into the gas. That is why I am wanting to see how the top gears pull.

• Hopefully I will have the space at the track next weekend to test this out.

Here in Quebec, highway speed limits at 100 km/h (62mph), they tolerate up to 118.

Anything above 160, your licence is suspended and vehicule is inpounded. Its not a good idea to test top speeds on our roads lol.

Plus, to get any type of grip to use this power, its needs to be done on heated tires on a track, else like you mention, 1-2-3 is a write-off and only in low 4th your not spinning the rear. On my street tires (AD08r) passed 3000 rpm in fourth gear wot is out of the question. It just wants to turn around.

The only place I was able to put my foot down since I forged the engine and put a 10 psi spring in plus opened up my manual boost controler was at Mont Tremblant after 2 or 3 laps on my R888. And even then, I had to be carefull that the SS was going straight. And I ended up cracking my plastic manifold.

AEM logs showed peaks of 18 psi at 13 afr.
    The next run, I couldn't boost higher than 10psi and it was lagging. I thought I had damaged the engine, but taking off the intake I could see it had formed a crack at the runners seam facing the back of the intake.

Since I replaced the intake, I closed my boost controler and peak at 12-13. Thus my reason to get the aluminum manifold.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• He thinks he lives up North....how cute frozen-squared

well, Quebec is more north than these guys in California or anywhere in the US besides Alaska for sure lol

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• @iNewton does law enforcement not go to bed around 1am in your area. They do around my area thankfully. I just flip all 6 lights on up front and make a moderate speed run from one interstate exit to another and take notes on any animals that may be lurking and any road conditions that may bite me. And then I turn around and rail into the gas like it's a penny a gallon.....

• It's about to go down. Only @rabtech can get 500+ ponies out of the two most popular turbos on the market.

Side note: I sense a raffle for whichever turbo comes in second. It may be time for an official charity of slingshotinfo.com.

And @Slunglow you're not getting a gently used turbo out of this one.

So the raffle idea is out if he gets a Slingshot frame? Ok, no one find one for him, lol