Touch up help

• @Painter a hinge from my Harley tour pack customized my paint this morning. It's deep, all the way through the paint and into the plastic. What's the best way to fix this or do I need professional help? Thanks

SD, I can answer part of your question. You own a slingshot (like the rest of us), so YES, you do need Professional help!! As for the paint issue, sorry to hear the damage was caused by your own vehicle. Looking that deep and hearing you describe it, it will be a project to repair. Luckily it's the base model and not the red or black since it should be easier. I'm sure Painter will give you the step by step instructions to attempt the repairs yourself. Good luck and sorry to hear of the damage

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It's the 2016.5 LE so I guess I need 2 types of help. I think my Harley is jealous. Yesterday was the first time I rode it since I bought the SS April 16th. I rode it to work to detail during downtime so I can sell it. I come home and the Hog reached over and took a swipe at it!

• The only good thing about it is that its not going to rust!

The fix would depend on how you want it to look when its completed....

I would just slap some touch up paint on it. I'm sure is available at the dealer or from a vendor. No one will notice it because they will be to busy staring at the bike as a whole.......

• My advice is.......
    Remove ALL the panels, ship them to @Painter, bow down and kiss his feet, say "all hail Painter" and hope he agrees to return the panels with his "personal touch" applied.
    But thats just my opinion.

bows down, hands outstretched above head, whispers "all hail painter"

• I was thinking the same thing. Just pisses me off that I was careless enough to let it happen in the first place.

• Sorry so slow to respond but taking care of Kay the last couple of days.

That gouge looks pretty deep. I couldn't tell the color and did not see it mentioned and color is important as to fix or repaint. If it is not a Pearl you could probably do a decent job following simple instructions.

1. Clean the gouge and surrounding area with som 91% rubbing alcohol.
    2. With a two part body filler, mix and use a plastic squeegee and fill the gouge. Immediately wipe off the excess filler around the gouge with some acetone but
    do not touch the filler in the gouge.
    3. When filler dries it will shrink a little and that is good.
    4. Dab the filled gouge with matching touch up paint and it should be just above the finish. Let dry overnight.

5. With 2000 wet sandpaper, gently sand the gouge till even with surrounding finish then with 2500 and then with 3000 grit wet dull the finish about 3 " around the boo boo area.

6. Buff that area with fine compound till shine reappears and blemish is gone. Use micro fiber cloths for all wiping and buffing if buffing by hand.
    Here is a great video for you to watch!