I knew it was strong. But not 510hp strong!

• So, you feel that if the wheel spins, that will soften the blow the extra power is delivering to the drivetrain? I'll accept that, but, it won't eliminate it.

Speaking of super sticky tire ... are you still running the factory rear tire dimensions? Or, have you change them it out?

I run 295-30-20.

And I have the worst tires in the world. TOYO proxy plus4

They make the Kenda look like a super sticky drag tire.

I wouldn't worry about the final drive. It hasn't been shattered yet by power.

• I am surprised u have chosen to leave the at least the U-joints alone.. I have seen allot of them shatter because they never got upgraded due to to much power.. U are running what 3-4 maybe 5 times more than they were designed to handle.

• I guess it all comes down to the traction issue. My dealer asked if I converted to a chain drive after installing the Hahn turbo. He said I was bound to have problems with the belt if I didn't. I asked him what difference does it make if I have 170HP or 1000? I can spin the tire with stock HP in 1st gear so does it really matter if I can spin it in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th? There is only X amount of traction. Rabtech has since proven that fact. I don't see why it would be any different with U-Joints.

• I refer people to the Boss Hoss 502 and 572 big block bike. I have seen those bikes torture a belt and it never snap... And they are seriously heavy on the rear tire.... If the SS has 600 pounds on the back tire just imagine how much weight the wide tired boss hoss has on the rear tire with the rider sitting on it.... And then putting all that v8 power down to the ground......

• There are several "failsafes" that are in play here and you have risk at each one. Having put 5,000 miles on my V8 I have noticed a few things.

1. The tire: this is the first failsafe. Yes more power will make it spin but there are some measures you can take to get more grip - stickier tire, wider tire, softer rear spring, softer rebound setting, etc. I have several of theservice in place to get better grip. Don't assume that since you can spin the tire in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th with 260hp that 500hp is worthless.

2. Belt slippage. This one is difficult to overcome because you don't want to over-tighten the belt. I have jammed on the gas at 50 mph and slipped the belt due to power. Sounds like the rear end is exploding. Better than the rear end actually exploding.

3. Angle drive. The main weakness of the angle drive is the casing. The internals/gears aren't half bad. Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the near future ;) There could be better fluid dispersion but that's another topic.

4. Drive shaft. I replaced mine and I suggest anyone considering high power levels do the same. They aren't terribly expensive or hard to get. A great piece of mind considering if the end disinigrates it is right next to you and your passenger's asses.

5. Tranny: clutch and transmission will need to be upgraded significantly. My 5sp showed signs of wear after just 4,000 miles with the turbo and that was at 260-270hp. Ram 350-500 through it and look out. I believe DDM has a great clutch upgrade and you should just do factor the $$$ into the turbo upgrade.

• So what did you do to upgrade the transmission besides the clutch?

• That would be correct. I like everything @Tango said.

I don't really beat on my drivetrain like people do on a drag strip. You can hear in my videos that I shift slow and I am always moving when I roll into the gas. All the spinning I do is from a moving speed. I think that is why my drivetrain is still quiet.

If I were to downshift and slide the tires and take off by dropping the clutch with it at 4000rpm I bet I could break every piece under it.

• One of the main things to remember is how people are going to use the power. If your like me and want to roll into the gas to make a pass at 90mph it's not exerting that much pressure. And I always am in the gear I want to pass in before I ever jump in the passing lane. With this much power I have to be all the way in the other lane before I even get into the gas. If not it will spin and slide into the lane.

Some people want power to do really crazy stuff like doing burnouts and gojng to the dragstrip or downshifting at 110mph and sliding tires when they do then immediately railing into the gas. I just want it to haul ass on my twisty roads and down the interstate. That is fairly safe on the whole drivetrain.

I know it's not a foolproof plan that I have. But it works for me.

• Thanks for the reality check Rab. I don't want folks thinking that they can slap 25psi through their turbo setup and enjoy a 500hp daily driver they can thrash at the strip and track every weekend. Obviously if you intend to drive it like you are then it will last, otherwise stuff will break.

• I just went to the dark side to post my PRP seats being for sale and saw that I had a PM there. It was from Hedgehog and it says my posting was removed for improperly mentioning this forum

Funinthesun,

Your message (510 HP Slingshot!) contains inappropriate content:

According to the Official Guidelines, promotion of competing sites and/or any other forums is not allowed, which is why the system auto-blocks links to such sites. That select content has been removed.

If you want to post the information here you are welcome to.

-Hedge

So much for "can't we all just get along" lol

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE