Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Rained most of yesterday afternoon and through the night. Today my wife had her farmers market and as I normally do I followed her over there to help her setup in the Slingshot. This was actually my first ride out on the wet roads with my front fenders removed and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised that having them removed didnt cause any problems at all. I was expecting that I might get a bunch of dirt and crap sprayed up onto the sides of the tub in the area that the fenders would have normally shielded, but got home and it was still pretty damn clean.

Came off of E-Bay and like I said they work also with-out the fenders. http://www.DSATVCoolVENT.com

FunCycle - where do you get these Cool Vents

Now that you have pulled the front fenders you can order you a set of Cool Vents to dump more air in the cockpit.

• Rained most of yesterday afternoon and through the night. Today my wife had her farmers market and as I normally do I followed her over there to help her setup in the Slingshot. This was actually my first ride out on the wet roads with my front fenders removed and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised that having them removed didnt cause any problems at all. I was expecting that I might get a bunch of dirt and crap sprayed up onto the sides of the tub in the area that the fenders would have normally shielded, but got home and it was still pretty damn clean.

Edward Neal did you pull the fenders you were testing? Was there a problem with them?

• Edward Neal did you pull the fenders you were testing? Was there a problem with them?

I was wondering if anyone would notice 8o

Yes I ended up removing the TricLED fenders. there were basically 2 reasons. first they kept scraping every time I backed out of my driveway. the curb coming into my driveway has a small drop off and the fenders kept hitting and it bugged me, but the primary reason why I decided to remove them was purely cosmetic - - I just really like the way my slingshot looks with no fenders

I do believe the TricLEd fenders are a first class product, very well made, and if I had not retired at the beginning of the year and was still riding my slingshot in the rain to get to work I would have do doubt kept the fenders installed, but I am retired and I don't need to ride in the rain so I decided to go back to being fenderless

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• I was wondering if anyone would notice 8o

Oh, I immediately noticed it! Coincidentally, I've wanted to do the same thing. Like you, I really like the clean, sporty look, and I have debated removing them for some time, however, there's two reasons why I haven't... yet. First, having seen hundreds of Slings at SSITS, all of which with fenders still intact, either stock or custom, I thought there must be a really good reason why more folks don't remove them. Next, I'm worried that either the right or left tire would pick up a stone and hurl it into the cockpit while cruising around a bend in the road. Has that ever happened to you? Of course, I wear a helmet and high-impact glasses, but just the same, I'd be worried about stones coming in at high speed.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Oh, I immediately noticed it! Coincidentally, I've wanted to do the same thing. Like you, I really like the clean, sporty look, and I have debated removing them for some time, however, there's two reasons why I haven't... yet. First, having seen hundreds of Slings at SSITS, all of which with fenders still intact, either stock or custom, I thought there must be a really good reason why more folks don't remove them. Next, I'm worried that either the right or left tire would pick up a stone and hurl it into the cockpit while cruising around a bend in the road. Has that ever happened to you? Of course, I wear a helmet and high-impact glasses, but just the same, I'd be worried about stones coming in at high speed.

I don't plan on removing the fenders but as many miles as I have spent in the cockpit of the Slingshot --- don't think you have much to worrie about with the tires picking up stones. I have had an acorn fall out of a Oak tree over the road and boop me in the head and another time a Black Walnut fell and hit me in the chest as I traveled down the county roads. I have survived and so has the Slingshot. I run a lot of country two lane roads in Northern Indiana.

• Oh, I immediately noticed it! Coincidentally, I've wanted to do the same thing. Like you, I really like the clean, sporty look, and I have debated removing them for some time, however, there's two reasons why I haven't... yet. First, having seen hundreds of Slings at SSITS, all of which with fenders still intact, either stock or custom, I thought there must be a really good reason why more folks don't remove them. Next, I'm worried that either the right or left tire would pick up a stone and hurl it into the cockpit while cruising around a bend in the road. Has that ever happened to you? Of course, I wear a helmet and high-impact glasses, but just the same, I'd be worried about stones coming in at high speed.

so far I haven't noticed any increase in anything coming into the cockpit from the tires - like I said above even driving on the wet roads covered with dirt and such brought out by the rain absolutely nothing came into the cockpit

• so far I haven't noticed any increase in anything coming into the cockpit from the tires - like I said above even driving on the wet roads covered with dirt and such brought out by the rain absolutely nothing came into the cockpit

I wonder if they changed something on the 2020's because when I drive on wet or even muddy roads there is a bunch of stuff that comes into my area with my fenders on. Just curious...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Just ask Bill Martin about something being flipped up and coming in cabin. He was ready to leave his sling and let the critter have it. I ran over a snake and it flipped up and thankfully Bill was paying attention and swerved or he would have had the snake 🐍 riding or driving.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• If your going to worry about things getting kicked up and coming into the cockpit (this includes snakes) then I would be far more worried about what comes off of the tires of the vehicle in front of me than what might come off my own tires - - - over the years when riding in cars I have been in I have had the car get hit by everything from a full sheet of drywall, a 1.5 foot long piece of 2x4 that came through the windshield and a big chrome lug nut off an 18 wheeler and I was lucky that lug nut didn't kill me. seriously at one time or another almost every vehicle I have known of has had had the windshield broken by a rock or something else kicked up by the vehicle it was behind. - - - this is one of the main reasons why when I am in the slingshot I avoid driving on the freeway if at all possible and also why I always wear a helmet and ballistic rated eye protection.

• It was a big rattler that looked like a branch that fell on the road. When Boomer ran over it it came flying thru the air - I had a split second to decide between the snake and going off the hill — and going off the hill was winning until it fell on the road right in front of me!! All Boomer had to say was your following to close 😂. He don’t have to worry now - I give him 2 football fields between us now :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it