Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• So before I win it I should get a bidding war going between you and SlingLow.

I don't know. From what I see the only engine available in 51 was a 6 cylinder and I'm really not into those. canegrinder said his was a v8 so I'm curious if that was a replacement. If he traded it for a 54 I'm guessing not. You have to understand that the internet doesn't know everything. Or as my late buddy used to say, "Google wasn't there! I WAS there!"

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Rode over to Laconia NH to see how many bikes were there for bike week, 178 miles round trip. Beautiful day znd got our roast beef sandwiches at our favorite deli. There didn't seem to be as many bikes as pre covid years. But it was such a nice day they were probably out on rides. Hard to take pics due to all the congestion.

• Went to a nice little outing called Concerts in the Park... a free event most every Thursday in the summer. They were a dance /swing band. When they played this it sure reminded me of my mom and dad...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Well - got an end of the month plan... 11 days and counting. Hit the road around 4 AM to get past Death Valley then off we go.

Two days in Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes then two days in Big Sur and there about's and all points in-between. Mid 40's at night and Mid 70's to low 80's in the day - PERFECT! Map's say 1000 miles but perhaps 1400 with all the running around as well.

Time to go switch out to the big brackets and bags! My favorite teacher is out for the summer! Lets hit the road!:00000441:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Looks like fun and its good that you will be bypassing Death Valley - - - saw this on the news last night - Hunting Beach man dies in Death Valley after running out of gas

I have been through Death Valley in the summer many many years ago, we stopped and checked in at one of the ranger stations and told them where we planned on going just in case something happened - didn't see a single other car the entire time we were there - hell of a place to to be if you break down or run out of gas =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Looks like fun and its good that you will be bypassing Death Valley - - - saw this on the news last night - Hunting Beach man dies in Death Valley after running out of gas

I have been through Death Valley in the summer many many years ago, we stopped and checked in at one of the ranger stations and told them where we planned on going just in case something happened - didn't see a single other car the entire time we were there - hell of a place to to be if you break down or run out of gas =O

This is why we are leaving at 4 AM. The last time we did this we were in Mammoth Lakes by 10 o’clock in the morning. And if we do end up as road jerky in death Valley at least we were on a ride doing what we enjoy😎

• You can feel a lot more secure driving in places like that by spending $200 on a Spot X . It will send a SOS to a satellite that will deploy emergency services to your GPS position. Or just sent text to family or friends through that satellite. Does a lot of other neat things like lay down a track showing your friends where you are or have been. It is not a satellite phone and doesn't do phone calls but then it only cost around $12 a month for the service. Garmin has one also but they want $400 for theirs.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Went to a nice little outing called Concerts in the Park... a free event most every Thursday in the summer. They were a dance /swing band. When they played this it sure reminded me of my mom and dad...

When I was a kid my dad played the radio for Sunday dinner. He always played "the Big Band Sounds" may times Glen Miller, Dorsey brothers, Johny Mathis. That very song was in my head. Then I scrolled down to see Glen Miller and surprise when I hit play there it was. Brought a smile! Memories of sitting at the dinner table sometime for hours. My parents made me eat everything on my plate no matter if I liked it or not. I could hear other kids running and playing outside while I sat there and the radio played!

• You can feel a lot more secure driving in places like that by spending $200 on a Spot X . It will send a SOS to a satellite that will deploy emergency services to your GPS position. Or just sent text to family or friends through that satellite. Does a lot of other neat things like lay down a track showing your friends where you are or have been. It is not a satellite phone and doesn't do phone calls but then it only cost around $12 a month for the service. Garmin has one also but they want $400 for theirs.

Seeee! I learn something new every day here! SPOT X… had never heard of it but looks very practical. Especially since we do travel in remote areas and my wife hikes a lot so it has my attention. Thank you!

Wish the Tesla PI was out but if the rumors are true the BMI scares the heck out of me! (Brain-Machine-Interface (BMI) chips that would allow humans to control various devices via their thoughts.)

• The wife and I made a run to the coast and back yesterday with BryanL , LargeCar and Anita, and Lucas from the Portland facebook crew. Took some twisty backroads and avoided the traffic on 101. We did over 200 miles in perfect weather with even better company.

We stopped at the infamous Camp18 restaurant on Hwy 26 foe some MONSTER cinnamon rolls. Hats off to Lucas who finished his!

Here is LargeCar 's pic. He added the dollar bill for perspective.

We stopped at the Jerky factory in Tillamook, then headed for home.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Not the best picture, limited area to pull over. This is on the edge of the massive forest fire in South Jersey last week. You can see the ground and low-lying brush is burnt. It's about 15 miles from my house.

WHARTON STATE FOREST, N.J. (CBS) — Crews are fighting fire with fire as they work to contain a massive wildfire at Wharton State Forest in Burlington and Atlantic Counties. The fire began around 10 a.m. Sunday in Burlington County and has reached 13,500 acres in size as of Tuesday, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service said.

The fire is 85% contained.

• Getting ready to take off to a resort down valley. Wife left earlier with the grandkids I could have gone with them, but I want to take the Slingshot as its a nice little ride. its 112 degrees out right now, but the sun will be at my back so it wont be a problem. I figured I would give her about an hour head start so that she can get us all checked in that when I get there I can drive straight over to the room.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A parking lot view from the third floor

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app