Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• About a month ago, I met the man who actually owns the house next door to me (it’s a rental - the man & his wife recently moved to Tucson; ironically, his brother is the new renter). I digress. The owner is a black man from CA, born & raised, & he has an Asian wife. Lovely couple (met her too). Anyways, he got tired of CA’s BS & moved here. For the price he got out out of his home in CA, he bought a mansion here + 4 other homes to use as rental income. He said CA turned him from being a Democrat into a staunch Conservative. He said he can’t understand why ANYONE still lives there.

I suspect that most people stay here simply because it is where they are employed. I also suspect that with newly discovered ease with which people can work from home that has come as a result of COVID that many of these people will now realize they are not stuck here just because it is where their employer is located

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• I’m house hunting in N Carolina - Asheville - Hendersonville area. I’m seein Biden/Harris yard signs and a BIG “Democrats grow some balls” sign. I just smile and wave with my MAGA hat on. Moving on to Franklin, NC on the 1st - if I make it here that long - I’m thinkin a coonass Trump supporter here may be a turd in the punch bowl :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’m house hunting in N Carolina - Asheville - Hendersonville area. I’m seein Biden/Harris yard signs and a BIG “Democrats grow some balls” sign. I just smile and wave with my MAGA hat on. Moving on to Franklin, NC on the 1st - if I make it here that long - I’m thinkin a coonass Trump supporter here may be a turd in the punch bowl :00008172:

That reminds me of a line from a movie: 'You can be a turd in my punch bowl any day!'

Maybe that wasn't a movie...

Anyway, good luck on the search. I'm not sure how I'd choose a new location these days. It seems like nothing is 'normal'. Do you have an update on your damaged home?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• That reminds me of a line from a movie: 'You can be a turd in my punch bowl any day!'

Maybe that wasn't a movie...

Anyway, good luck on the search. I'm not sure how I'd choose a new location these days. It seems like nothing is 'normal'. Do you have an update on your damaged home?

The news sure forgot it quick didn’t they?? Calcasieu Parish where Lake Charles is does mostly have power and water restored. Still trying to clear debris and put tarps on roofs. Cameron Parish - south of Lake Charles & where I live - is a different story. Complete war zone - no power or water yet. Water still over many roads from TS Beta. My house is at least weatherproofed to prevent further damage. My friends tell me there are u haul trucks loading what is left and heading north every day. I would imagine the petro/chemical industries will rebound quickly but it will literally take a couple years before life returns to normal for most folks. For my parish - I believe most of it will become a bird sanctuary and building restrictions will be so severe most won’t be able to afford to rebuild there. I’m hoping to sell my place as a hunting/fishing club. Probably be April 2021 before repairs are completed on my home. It’s a big ole mess is the long and short of it !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it