Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Beautiful day for a ride in cool Sunny Northern Indiana and needed 49 miles to hit the mark...

Hey EJ, congratulations Brother! It looks like you only have enough fuel for about another 150 miles. Are you keeping that son up the ladder to buy Daddy more fuel?

And a serious question for EjFord , VV11B40 and all others with higher miles on their Sling. What do you feel shows the most wear or depreciation on your machine after all the miles. What took the most maintenance and/or repair? This observation could help us all to keep our Slings on the road for more Happy Miles.

Edit: I just read my post and am wondering if I'll hear from McDonalds lawyers.

Happy Miles!

You heard it here first.:cowboy_hat_face:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I did put the extended warrentee (3 yr) on the Slingshot. That was a good move. I take mine in to Neilsen's, Lake Ville, IL. for all my service work. and in Feb after the Florida trip drop it off for a week for them to go thru every thing. No problems up front but some leaking oil with the rear end. Never had it leave me stranded anywhere. Mine is pretty much OEM stock. after market windshield, fender, schocks. VERY happy with the whole package. If I every buy another it will be a gen 1, used with low miles and there are lots of them around.

• I did put the extended warrentee (3 yr) on the Slingshot. That was a good move. I take mine in to Neilsen's, Lake Ville, IL. for all my service work. and in Feb after the Florida trip drop it off for a week for them to go thru every thing. No problems up front but some leaking oil with the rear end. Never had it leave me stranded anywhere. Mine is pretty much OEM stock. after market windshield, fender, schocks. VERY happy with the whole package. If I every buy another it will be a gen 1, used with low miles and there are lots of them around.

so the older we get the more the rear end leaks. Would depends help?

• [quote='EjFord','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1547-where-did-you-take-your-slingshot-today/&postID=376930#post376930']

Didn't go anywhere since Wednesday when Ian hit SwFL.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

How are things looking in the area?

[/quote]

Just got internet back. Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte hit very hard. Must be thousands here to help rebuild. We were very fortunate, no power for 10 days, internet out for 12 days, but minor damage at home.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Well, today is the day that the Grasshopper heads off on it's epic 1,000 mile adventure to it's new home in Montana! Temps looking to start out in the forties for the two day ride, but most of the trip in the 60's and, more importantly, DRY! :thumbsup:

Bill

Safe travels!

• Didn't take my Slingshot anywhere, but I did manage to get the headlight bar moved away from the driver's front wheel so I can have the Slingshot towed to a local dealer for an official estimate of the damage from my Aug 19th crash. I finally heard back from the Claims Adjuster yesterday. Naturally, he's leaving for a week-long vacation today.

Update - I got the Slingshot to a dealer earlier today and they will work up an estimate. My biggest concerns are possible damage to the motor from being upside down or frame damage from the TD Top deforming and affecting the frame where the roll hoops attach to the frame. My MadStad Ultimate Slingshot Bumper was bent on the right side and it may have damaged the sub-frame box that is used to mount all of the front assemblies such as lights and the front lower wing. The service writer told me any frame damage would mean my Sling is totaled, but I hope any possible damage to just the front sub-frame assembly can be fixed by replacing the assembly. Now, I just need to wait for the dealer's damage determination.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• With all the turmoil in the world today ya just gotta stop and appreciate the little things. Cool fall weather with a new whiskey to sip, a fine cigar, fire, and some good music ya gotta stop and think - I dunno what tomorrow is gonna bring but days like today don’t get much better. Cheers to all you - my friends - that I have been blessed to meet and turn a bottle up with !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• With all the turmoil in the world today ya just gotta stop and appreciate the little things. Cool fall weather with a new whiskey to sip, a fine cigar, fire, and some good music ya gotta stop and think - I dunno what tomorrow is gonna bring but days like today don’t get much better. Cheers to all you - my friends - that I have been blessed to meet and turn a bottle up with !!

Scared me for a minute. At a first quick glance I thought you were enjoying a bottle of lying dog face pony soldier ^^

You forgot the babbling brook. I can hear it from here. Peace to you and Angie!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As soon as the sun peaks out up over the horizon in about 40 minutes I will be heading out in my Sling to help my wife set up at her Sunday farmers market and when I am done I will head out on some nice two lane roads through the desert and take the long way around the back of the mountains home

It rained last night and over into early this morning, but now it is a very nice 68 degrees and looking to be a great day.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Had a great little ride home after setting the wife up at her farmers market - funny how it only takes 25 minutes to get to the market but, it took an hour and a half to get home :/

and finally back home

and the weather is absolutely perfect :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• We did 90 miles in 61 degrees. Not as nice as Ed's drive but wanted to see how the visiblity on the new atoto A6pf head unit was compared to the Boss. Not much difference. I've done allot of research and have come to the conclusion that no one makes a head unit that is truly visible in direct sunlight like the Honda Goldwing. Guess I should not have sold the Wing.