Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• If your going to worry about things getting kicked up and coming into the cockpit (this includes snakes) then I would be far more worried about what comes off of the tires of the vehicle in front of me than what might come off my own tires - - - over the years when riding in cars I have been in I have had the car get hit by everything from a full sheet of drywall, a 1.5 foot long piece of 2x4 that came through the windshield and a big chrome lug nut off an 18 wheeler and I was lucky that lug nut didn't kill me. seriously at one time or another almost every vehicle I have known of has had had the windshield broken by a rock or something else kicked up by the vehicle it was behind. - - - this is one of the main reasons why when I am in the slingshot I avoid driving on the freeway if at all possible and also why I always wear a helmet and ballistic rated eye protection.

I hear ya.. when I first started riding motorcycles in the 60's people didn't even wear or were required to wear eye protection. I can honestly say I never worry about anything coming in my Sling (except maybe a snake :) ) as most stuff as mentioned I have also been hit by.... No sheet of drywall though.....

I really hate the bees and the June bug hurt like hell on the motorcycle....

This is how I remember riding in my younger days.... pop a brew, fire up a dube and have a good time...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• The sheet of drywall was startling - sheet was laying flat on the freeway. I was driving in my impala doing about 70 when the truck in front of me went over the drywall the wind behind the truck stood the sheet straight up like a wall - - I exploded through that sheet like it was paper - huge cloud of white powder - - - was really surprised it didnt even hurt the car although it did bend the crap out of my front license plate and it scared the hell out of me

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• While follow a log hauler at 65 mph in my car staying far back a log came off the top of the pile hit the roar on end went about 30 feet in the air came down and did cart wheels down the road till one end hit the dirt shoulder and threw dirt high into the air. I was standing on the brakes while watching this. This was one of the log haulers that the logs are load sideways. These logs ware probably 10 foot long and 12" in diameter. Very scary.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• While follow a log hauler at 65 mph in my car staying far back a log came off the top of the pile hit the roar on end went about 30 feet in the air came down and did cart wheels down the road till one end hit the dirt shoulder and threw dirt high into the air. I was standing on the brakes while watching this. This was one of the log haulers that the logs are load sideways. These logs ware probably 10 foot long and 12" in diameter. Very scary.

oh shit!

one time I was on a local road doing about 50 in my Camaro when a wheelbarrow came off the ladder rack of a gardeners truck in front of me - - bounced once in my lane and then flipped onto the shoulder - - if I hadn't been staying back it would have come right onto my hood

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was ridin on a beautiful Sunday afternoon by myself. Cruising along about 60 mph and it seemed like I saw that big bumble bee coming from what seemed like a mile but was mere milliseconds away. When he hit me in the chest I thought I had been shot with a .22. Bug guts splattered all over my shirt and a pot knot swelling in the middle of my chest - still was a great day to ride !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• While riding my mc from Millington Tn to Memphis Tn I was wearing a 3/4 helmet with a bubble shield and some how at 60 mph one of those big yellow and black bumble bees got inside the helmet. While he few around in there totally pissed off I held my breath, kept my mouth closed. I finely tipped my head way back hoping he might get out and the wind ripped the face shield off, the car behind me ran over it and I hope like hell the bee hit his windshield.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• After removing my front splashguards/fenders, the only problem I noticed was in heavy rain where water from the tires would drip from the small trim piece from the cockpit area to the hood onto my left leg. Since I always tried to avoid riding in rain, it wasn't usually a problem.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Hey for you guys that live in NC, have any of you been to Love Valley... the town that does not allow cars only horses?

I was wondering if it is as cool as it look and sounds in the post I read...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Hey for you guys that live in NC, have any of you been to Love Valley... the town that does not allow cars only horses?

I was wondering if it is as cool as it look and sounds in the post I read...

That is over north of Charlotte - too many liberals over that way but I have heard it is a neat place 😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well, not a great place to visit, but I did drive it to work today. Doesn't seem special until you realize that we had almost 65 days straight of 100+ degree weather (record was 117 on the freeway, and that's with 50-80% humidity) and then 2 weeks of almost daily rain showers and thunderstorms. Barely touched the SS in 2+ months.

• Heading north to Manitoulin Island in Ontario for the weekend. 16 slings

Wow, never knew there were that many Slingshots that close up your way??

That's a pretty nice group ride !!!

We can't hardly get that many on a ride near here at one time, and I'm close to Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina and of course North Georgia???