New SS news?

• Yeah, $1000 is just right... :saint:

Just hoping...

will start a post this Friday with Rab and the guys regarding the design. The plan is to be south of that number. Have tried to design out manufacturing cost as much as possible but low volume production is not the best way to keep cost down. This is the case with all the vendors here.

So back to the 2017s.... sorry for derailing. Just got a little worried throughout the day about their top.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Saw some video posted from the dealer show floor ... hope the new splash guards look better in person 'cause while they looked OK on line they just looked cheap in the video .....

Funny how they have a bunch of custom Slingshots at the show and they overshadow their newest factory models ... marketing at its finest .... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• thank you but I do have development and capital investment hurdles to get past. I have a fully working (1200 miles) development mule being tested daily. Still have one final canopy prototype to be made bases off what I have found out driving. Solid design that if you want a sleek low sitting comparatively less expensive light weight solution than I think you will like it. If your very tall or like tall roll cage type tops (nothing wrong with them just not what I wanted ) it might not be for you. I do have provisions built I n to allow for taller (over 6'4") but let's face it. You can't make something for everyone without compromises. I drew the line early.

RD I know you won't put out anything that isn't done right! Looking forward to see your final product

Saw some video posted from the dealer show floor ... hope the new splash guards look better in person 'cause while they looked OK on line they just looked cheap in the video .....

Funny how they have a bunch of custom Slingshots at the show and they overshadow their newest factory models ... marketing at its finest .... confused-squared

we run into the same problem at SEMA and doing builds for the booth. First and foremost the products have to be visible without the custom build overshadowing them. At a dealer show I guess they want them to get excited at the possibilities. Automakers do similar things for their dealer shows only they are done in-house.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Price increases are great for everyone that already owns one and have to be expected. If someone is standing on the sidelines waiting for the new models to go down better find a new hobby. Same yearly price bumps have kept my RZR's resale values really good. Completely agree that this is good news from an investment in the brand perspective.

Still loving my base titanium and getting more limited as time goes by. Now with the price increases all the mods begin to look reasonable as well. I like the looks of the new top but still not for me and will not be adding a top anytime soon.

• Okay, the 305 tire is looking really nice... Can this just be mounted to the stock SL 20 inch rim? If not, what rim/tire combo is recommended for the rear?

I also have the base gray wheels if better suited...

5,0 155 165 or 175 185
    5,5 165 175 or 185 195
    6,0 175 185 or 195 205
    6,5 185 195 or 205 215
    7,0 195 205 or 215 225
    7,5 205 215 or 225 235
    8,0 215 225 or 235 245
    8,5 225 235 or 245 255
    9,0 235 245 or 255 265
    9,5 245 255 or 265 275
    10,0 255 265 or 275 285
    10,5 265 275 or 285 295
    11,0 275 285 or 295 305
    11,5 285 295 or 305 315
    12,0 295 305 or 315 325
    12,5 305 315 or 325 335
  • I'm sure the warranty will cover the cost of replacing the top when it flys off at highway speeds or when the hinges crumble from basic usage. The gulwing looks cheap and flimsy in the video.

True / Agree, Im not impressed with some of the panels/ integrity of some of the Sling parts/ body

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• An engineer told me a couple of weeks ago that the roll hoops are different on the 2017s ,and in order to retrofit to the new top, the hoops would have to be purchased as well. And he didn't say anything about new hoops being included in the price of the top

• An engineer told me a couple of weeks ago that the roll hoops are different on the 2017s ,and in order to retrofit to the new top, the hoops would have to be purchased as well. And he didn't say anything about new hoops being included in the price of the top

thats just bad engineering.... missed sales opertunity as well as additional development cost.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Better opportunity for you RD

well I looked at the design (roll hoop attachment) and if they did change it I cant tell. Looks like the current hoops with plastic cladding. I think you will need the attachment system and not new hoops. We would see the change on all the models if that was the case. I need to go and look at them closely. Remember the Dealers will want to be able to up-sale one on the floor if possible.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• well I looked at the design (roll hoop attachment) and if they did change it I cant tell. Looks like the current hoops with plastic cladding. I think you will need the attachment system and not new hoops. We would see the change on all the models if that was the case. I need to go and look at them closely. Remember the Dealers will want to be able to up-sale one on the floor if possible.

Yup. they changed it.
    this is from their Youtube page video of the seats.
    If you look closely, you can see the built in attachment points.

• yep.... see them as well. There is part of your $3000 price tag.
    The only thing I can say would be that Engineers gotta engineer. They were probably worried about the effect of clamping the roof to the original bars, ran stress analysis and determined that it was not within the range they liked from a prolonged liability stand point. Only a guess because otherwise that's an expensive accessory

(Slingshot Owners Group)