New member meet and greet

• Sadly no one will ever know how much I spent on my Sling - I always said I was gonna run the numbers but I’m afraid I might give myself a stroke :00008172: I’ve only spent as much as the next mod costs and that’s my story and I’m stickin to it !!!

glad you're feeling well enough counsellor to give yourself a stroke ..... wait ummm

• Ok guys....first day of shopping and I came across two so far. Navy Blue,SL, 2017, 3 miles with 5 year Polaris unlimited warrenty. $25,500 our the door.

The next one was 2017, Orange, SLR with 41 miles for $26,000 out the door with the standard 2yr manufacturing warrenty.

I’ve seen two used ones, both SL 2016 for $20,000.one had 5000 miles with exhaust modification coming out the rear and the other had the carbon fiber luggage bags and the canvas top with 6,000 miles. I did like the extra bag storage.

My mind says go new because of the warrenty but this is only day one. Will look more next weekend when work won’t get in the way.

• If you get one with or without a Top and decide to go that route, I would recommend the canvas top, I have it on mine and just pop my Thule Luggage carrier right on top and away we go with enough crap to last a couple weeks.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• The biggest question for you to help make that decision.
    What is your thoughts towards modifications? I you have a even a small thought about wanting to make it your own creation through modifications then I would look for a base model for around 5000.00 less brand new. That 5000.00 can go a long way towards creating something unique. If you are plan on buying it and driving it then go with the SL or SLR. The warranty is only as good as the dealer you use. With a good dealer it is worth the money. With a week dealer it can be hard to get the simplest things done if you modify at all.
    What do you envision your sling being 1 year from now?

• The biggest question for you to help make that decision.What is your thoughts towards modifications? I you have a even a small thought about wanting to make it your own creation through modifications then I would look for a base model for around 5000.00 less brand new. That 5000.00 can go a long way towards creating something unique. If you are plan on buying it and driving it then go with the SL or SLR. The warranty is only as good as the dealer you use. With a good dealer it is worth the money. With a week dealer it can be hard to get the simplest things done if you modify at all.
    What do you envision your sling being 1 year from now?

Not sure what my vision is. My vision right now is to get in and ride. We’re not growing money on trees so modding will come slowly one tax season, Christmas and birthdays at a time. I was searching the classifieds and found a 2017 SLR for $22500 with 280 miles on it. That’s saving us $5000 right there from the one we found with 41 miles on it locally.

My wife agrees heck with the warranty if we can save that much for the SLR.

• @Heavenboundx4 when it comes to warranty you need to know that as soon as you start any mods (or if you buy used with mods) the warranty becomes harder to enforce. Can’t stress enough what @Slingrazor said about a good top notch dealer who knows how to work the Polaris game.

Stock radio before ride command sucks. If you test drive make sure you test the radio at 50mph plus. It sucks. Most folks went aftermarket.

If used ask about vehicle history (recalls done, warranty work, etc)

I see them often on Facebook for sale. If I see one I will post.

Last thing. YOU WILL MOD!!!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Like you @Heavenboundx4 new to forum as well, jumped on to get some info on SSITS, info/input has been fantastic!

Like @Slingrazor stated if you want to do mods and make it your own, a base model is the way to go. We bought our Blue Fire SLE n is June of ’16, had no idea how much in terms of mods were available. We’ve replaced things we paid extra for. As @SlingRider said radio sucks, much better with ipod, sound system upgrade on wish list, just another thing we paid extra for we’ll be replacing.

From time I first saw one (internet) to time we had one in our garage was 4 days, (would have been 3 but first dealer didn’t have a Blue Fire) never even test drove it. The common denominator of everything I read was how much fun they were… looked fun to me… that was good enough.

Wife and I have a blast every time we go out in it, it’s our therapy/escape. We have 9 grandchildren who pretty much all are very active in sports, we go to all their events, baseball, football, basketball, track, soccer, it keeps us busy. Also own a 24/7 mom and pop business, not much time for us to do our thing. The SS has changed that, we now get out and have some “our” time, and it has been GREAT!

Before all said and done we’ll have more coin tied up in it than I care to admit, but the fun we have is priceless!

• Stock radio before ride command sucks. If you test drive make sure you test the radio at 50mph plus. It sucks. Most folks went aftermarket.

As @SlingRider said radio sucks, much better with ipod, sound system upgrade on wish list, just another thing we paid extra for we’ll be replacing.

Question? Ride command? Is that the stock radio on the 2017 or is this on a older model? Also, did find new 2017 SLR for $22,500. Only 250 miles on her. Its in Atlanta Ga so I may be going for a drive. Thinking about taking numbers to my local dealer as he stated to me he would match if not beat any price.

Everybody has great Ideas. We like the idea of the base model just don't like the color options. I'm noticing most used SS are going for $19,000-$22,000 with 6,000 to 25,000 miles. I see a lot of Black, Grey and RED SS for sale. We like the Blue or the orange. I don't see us doing any modification the first year. Let the newness sink in and just enjoy the ride.

Can you tell the difference in ride with the stock smaller rims and wheels compared to the SLR larger rims and wheels besides cost to replace?

My wife and I come from the modding world. Cars!! My wife's specialty. She has done all kinds of modifications from coil overs to turbo's and the list goes on. She races me to see who will change the oil or brakes first. No I won't give her up but she does have a identical twin sister who also mods Jeeps, also married but I would give her up. :00008356:

Also hows the handling in corners like the at the Tail of the Dragon? I've driven them locally on test rides but that does no good as far as twisty roads. We've taken cars and bikes up to the Dragon but how does the the three wheel handle compared to the four wheel? Our Genesis coupe and friends GTR handles incredible well in the twisty's but have to make sure the rear end doesn't get too happy on the Genesis. Can the SS rear end get happy with one wheel? Future runners want too know.

• Ok the Ride Command is the radio/GPT/ info center on the 18 SLR. They are not suppose to be back compadable for previous years slings. The reason you probobly see a lot of reds and grays that are used availalble is that the first couple of years that were the only colors available. I ordered mine in 15 before they were even legal in Texas. I Got one of the fast red ones. As far as wheels, i am still running my stock and havent reallyseen the need to change. I think shocks are a different matter. They can really improve your ride. Handling is great. A couple of years ago a group of us did the dragon. I think there was 8 or 10 of us in a group. Most of us were experenced motorecycle riders and kinda push it a little. As near as I could tell we never got more than 5 to 10 feet of seperation. When we got to the end we had lost our rear rider. aAfter about 10 minnwe were getting concerned and we about to go back tolook for wreckage whenhe showed up. He had gotten stopped by a Tenn Hwy Patrol motor officer. He didnt write him a ticket but the officer gave him a message for the group. As best as i recall it was “ Yall are driving too fast, you’re ridding too close, and put you’re damn helmets on!!!” Honestlly it holds the road better than any bike I ever rode with the possible exception of my KZ1000 police intercepter!
    As far as turbos, almost everyone that I know that has one has had problems. Some have gone to superchargers. I really dont personally see the need but to each their own. When you buy a used anyting make sure you see the maintance records. If he doesnt have them be wary. Most guys (and gals) i know take such good care of their slings you could probobly eat out of the engine compartment.

• Hello all. Don and Eileen Nelson from Oberlin, OH. I turned 63 yesterday and have been riding since I bought my S90 Honda when I was 14 years old. Currently own a 2005 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2012 Can Am RT Limited, and we bought a 2016 Slingshot Base (Black) yesterday. Pretty good deal with 4300 miles on it. Looking forward to exploring it and learning from all the good people here. Very familiar with forums as I own the Venturerider.org site which I founded about 12 or so years ago. Will be selling he Spyder. My wife likes it OK but my tall frame just couldn't get comfortable on it.

We live in Oberlin, OH. Love to ride. Look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Now I have to get busy making the Slingshot ours. Let the shopping begin. :)

• Hello all. Don and Eileen Nelson from Oberlin, OH. I turned 63 yesterday and have been riding since I bought my S90 Honda when I was 14 years old. Currently own a 2005 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2012 Can Am RT Limited, and we bought a 2016 Slingshot Base (Black) yesterday. Pretty good deal with 4300 miles on it. Looking forward to exploring it and learning from all the good people here. Very familiar with forums as I own the Venturerider.org site which I founded about 12 or so years ago. Will be selling he Spyder. My wife likes it OK but my tall frame just couldn't get comfortable on it.

We live in Oberlin, OH. Love to ride. Look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Now I have to get busy making the Slingshot ours. Let the shopping begin. :)

money-flying-out-the-window-animated-gif-clr.gif

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch