Security System

• ......there are many out there but not PLUG & PLAY ......you will have to wire a security system onto the slingshot even if it's just the positive & negative wires.....now with scorpio alarm system you can add a starter disable module ( which i have wired into my fuel pump ) , you can add a perimeter sensor which you can adjust the setting to make it so if someone walks by it, it will trigger the siren & there's a key fob ( like newer cars have you carry ) it won't start & it will activate the siren if you approach it without the key fob on you.....good luck

https://ridescorpio.com/shop/srx-900-security-system/

• Keeping the SlingShot secure needn't be sophisticated, or even electronic. Several of us just install a cover on our SlingShot, which for me has worked for all the years we have owned it without molestation.

Bill

......i honestly dont think they are big theft items myself BUT i wont trust walking away from it at any big bike events (mixed in with all the honest bikers are the crafty thiefs) or when i go away i park it on the streets with a cover over it, alarm set and i dont worry....if it's not there when i return State Farm will do the rest

• And to me I feel the same way SS not a big in theft item and with mine being a one of kind and not

worth much to any person than to me ...For they can not use many parts from it...

I probably feel that my Vanderhall Carmel to be more prone to theft ..but still small market at that..

But the way peoples minds are when they steal at time of doing the act could be your vehicle...???

Other than to just steal with No Reason...

• I like my Master Lock handcuffs. Turn the steering hard over and cuff it to the frame by the drivers seat.

When using the handcuffs be aware of where you park and whether you pull in or back in. Also whether to turn the steering wheel to the left or to the right. Also if you use Trimax wheel/tire lock you would also need to back in to the curb.

• You know you will not be doing all this work for every little ride you take to secure your rides...LOL

I know I would not for fun factor of ride is not to set out and secure at end of each ride..

And could be that one ride a asshole decides to upset your day...

Everything is a flip of a coin luck on every ride we take..Stolen or accident etc..

So just enjoy what you have and stop worrying and hope at end of day it is a good one coming home..

My home has been robbed twice and I still both times think it was flip of coin that house was picked..

• I am going to put Tile Tag into mine which is a apple air tag that is used for android phones ..

not sure how much good it would really do and I hope I never find out, but I did stash an AirTag in a hidden spot on my Slingshot some time back - - and now I get alerts that I left my Slingshot behind every time I park and walk away. Frankly between the manual transmission and removable steering wheel I think the odds of any punk trying to steal it are fairly low - - hell the manual transmission by itself has to be one of the best millennial antitheft devises you could have now days

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have the Master Streetcuffs for when I am travelling overnight and have to leave in a hotel/motel parking lot, along with cover. Also have a cheap $30 bike alarm. It's USB-C chargeable, and loud. Mounts to any roll bar. Essentially a shock/motion alarm. Anyone bumps, bangs, or tries to hop in, it goes off. Has a remote arm/disarm, and is adjustable.

When just out and about for the day riding and stopping her and there, I never use any of the above. Never use at home either as it's parked inside the garage.

• I know I have Ring Camera inside garage for alert and also like it now for just a look and see if I shut garage door and do not have to go out and check.

.I am getting lazy at 72 and remember 60 some years ago getting up to change tv stations of all 6 of them and adjusting volume..

• Since we are talking about security systems. Anyone that has a car or truck with a key fob, they can be stolen as long as the fob is within a certain distance from the car. You do not store your key fob in your garage or at your back door. On Amazon they sale Faraday box and pouches to store all of your key fobs and cell phones. There is also a transmitter/receiver that can be used to crank your car/truck up and drive it away from where you have it parked without breaking into the vehicle. "YES IT IS ILLEGAl" You bunch of people out there think your car is secure... "WRONG" I just ordered a box and pouches on Amazon for $17.59, this is the small box. You can also buy large enough to protect your lap tops.

• I know I have Ring Camera inside garage for alert and also like it now for just a look and see if I shut garage door and do not have to go out and check.

.I am getting lazy at 72 and remember 60 some years ago getting up to change tv stations of all 6 of them and adjusting volume..

YES! I also have a ring camera in my garage to be able to check on things and to make sure the door is shut - - fact is I have 7 ring cameras and a ring doorbell around the outside of my home - - I like being able to see whats going on outside without having to get my old ass up off the couch - at least with the cameras I can make sure its worth getting up before I actually do it - - - also all my cameras are on both AC and battery and my wifi has battery backup as well so the system keeps working for several hours even the power goes off - - - I think the ring camera system was one of the best security things ever made available - its affordable and they just work, you want to mess around my home just know you are going to be filmed <3

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies