Finally Apple Delivers something new

• Have you guys seen the latest from Apple... Yes it is expensive and most will not be able to afford it but the Tech is amazing... I am not trying to promote this just some info on really, really awesome Tech.

Introducing Apple Vision Pro - YouTube

Yup - the 1st run at augmented reality.

There is supposed to be a full story on it this morning on GMA (Good Morning America)

Looks neat; however, we don't really want to enter the matrix (IMO)

This is letting The System get even deeper.....

Not a fan. =)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Not new.... its been around for a while.

I love how Apple spins its stuff... HaloLens has been out for years.

Here is 4 years ago... https://www.google.com/search?…:c46d1c38,vid:uIHPPtPBgHk

Yup, that is a basic version of what Apple released... Regardless, it is amazing tech.. I like that when someone enters the room you can see them and to them it looks like they can see your eyes looking at them... but really they are seeing a projection of your eyes... Cool stuff..

As usual, with new tech... especially if Apple releases it, it is met with skepticism... but it really is the first wearable that you can select an app with your eyes, click your fingers to open that app, respond to a message or email, all the while participating in a conference or group call and display your presentation for the group to see from your couch... 12 cameras, 5 sensors, 6 microphones....in a small headset.. 12ms latency... in my opinion it is amazing...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• but it really is the first wearable that you can select an app with your eyes, click your fingers to open that app, respond to a message or email, all the while participating in a conference or group call and display your presentation for the group to see from your couch... 12 cameras, 5 sensors, 6 microphones....in a small headset.. 12ms latency... in my opinion it is amazing...

Its been done on the Vive pro / HP Reverb for a while now. ( sensors cameras mics)The only unique thing Apple is bringing is the projecting of eyes. I have been developing on and consulting on data visualization labs and we have been using VR hardware for a while. Since this is currently geared only to developers its going to take years to get it to a usable end-user state.

If winners never quit and quitter never win, Why do we tell people to quit while they are ahead? :00000003:

• Its been done on the Vive pro / HP Reverb for a while now. ( sensors cameras mics)The only unique thing Apple is bringing is the projecting of eyes. I have been developing on and consulting on data visualization labs and we have been using VR hardware for a while. Since this is currently geared only to developers its going to take years to get it to a usable end-user state.

I believe you are mixing VR with AR... I have two VR headsets here (Actually 3) two Sony VR's Gen1 and Gen2 and a Meta Vr and they are nothing like what apple displayed yesterday. Anyway.. I think it is very cool tech...

As you said, it is for developers at this point as the forecast for sales in the first year for the device is only around 150,000... a financial loss seeing that it costs over 1500 just to manufacture the device... not including R&D.

• In reality...how is any different from what Google released back in 2013 with Google Glass? I have never been an Apple fan...even though I use the apple environment at home (iMac, iPad, iPhone, apple watch)... But I always felt that Apple is always playing catch up in technology and then all their fans come out with "But they do it so much better." Which is not really the case.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Just watched the video, pretty neat stuff. As mentioned above, most of this has been done before, which can be said about most of Apple's products I can think of. Apple seems to be really good at taking things that other companies have already done, then repackaging them together into something that is easier for most people to understand and use. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here though.

• Just watched the video, pretty neat stuff. As mentioned above, most of this has been done before, which can be said about most of Apple's products I can think of. Apple seems to be really good at taking things that other companies have already done, then repackaging them together into something that is easier for most people to understand and use. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here though.

I believe you are correct... most of this has been done before... as is the case with virtually any product. If one looks at the tech specs for this device it is truly amazing... This was not supposed to be a pro/anti Apple thread, only pointing out that they "released" some pretty cutting edge tech to the "public" and not just something to tinker with.

When I was in college taking one of many philosophy courses, (I know... one place I applied for a job actually said "We want workers not philosophers") it was brought up that there is not one original thought... that is nothing that one thinks now hasn't already been thought of before... (that doesn't mean we haven't advanced technologically to achieve what was once thought to be impossible; possible). I believe that is true.

Most of Apples vision (not the tech that was mostly Woz) died with Steve Jobs... Just as I believe a lot of MS vision was Bill Gates (remember the first Windows operation system Windows 1.0, looked and functioned a lot like Berkley Softworks G.E.O.S. OS for the Commodore 64)... Back when Mr. Jobs was still around the moniker about Apple was "it just works" and that was true then... not so much now. I do believe their interoperability between separate devices in their ecosystem is unmatched.

I once owned a Polaris Victory Vision... and they touted their "new" ICE to have been built from the ground up... kind of the same thing..

Back when MS had Beta Testers and not just Insiders... this was my most fun error to report....

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• Definitely agree that there is not a lot of new things under the sun. I didn't get into computer tech support until Windows 2.0 was around, but do remember quite a bit of programming on our Atari 800 and our Tandy 1000EX back in the day. The tech that Apple put together on the new pro vision is pretty neat for sure, once again it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. I didn't mean for my post to come across as either pro or anti Apple, sorry if it did.

• I also was not trying to bash either - I just think more tech, wearing headsets that (somewhat) blind us from the world - is not good or healthy.

I have grown up in tech, been a lab rat for a telecom for 12+ years and understand it very well.

I also keep most of it out of my life - for very good and healthy reasons :)

Just wait until your phone rings someday and the hologram image of that person appears in your living room - No thank you LOL

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

Edited once, last by Shadrac ().

• Just wait until your phone rings someday and the hologram image of that person appears in your living room - No thank you LOL

Or like in the movie "Demolition Man". when Sly is in his apartment and a video call comes in with a naked lady... "Oops, sorry wrong number".... I will take that.... :)

• Definitely agree that there is not a lot of new things under the sun. I didn't get into computer tech support until Windows 2.0 was around, but do remember quite a bit of programming on our Atari 800 and our Tandy 1000EX back in the day. The tech that Apple put together on the new pro vision is pretty neat for sure, once again it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. I didn't mean for my post to come across as either pro or anti Apple, sorry if it did.

Believe it or not... my first computer was a C-64.... It was a blast to play with and write programs for... I went from there to Commodore Amiga which for its time was a great machine.. Those c-64 days were the best when a 5 1/4" floppy could hold an operating system...

Funny note: my handle is the same handle I used back in the day on the Pirate BBS's... Those were truly great times...

I took neither post as pro/anti.. I was just putting that out there because it seems like it could start a Harley/Honda type discussion... :) ..

• Believe it or not... my first computer was a C-64.... It was a blast to play with and write programs for... I went from there to Commodore Amiga which for its time was a great machine.. Those c-64 days were the best when a 5 1/4" floppy could hold an operating system...

Funny note: my handle is the same handle I used back in the day on the Pirate BBS's... Those were truly great times...

My 1st PC was also the C64 - and my 1st actual game I played on it was called 'Questron'

• Someday when I’m in the home and the nice nurse comes in to change my drool cup. I hope to have one of these strapped on my head with a fan blowing in front of me remembering the good all days of slinging down the road!

Hopefully the tech will be perfected by then so I can go out with a smile😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Someday when I’m in the home and the nice nurse comes in to change my drool cup. I hope to have one of these strapped on my head with a fan blowing in front of me remembering the good all days of slinging down the road!

Hopefully the tech will be perfected by then so I can go out with a smile😎

might want to get a good 360 degree camera and strap it to your helmet and start making the videos now 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Intrigued about the big screen on your eyeballs, but that can be purchased for far less. What I'm excited for is the productivity potential. Imagine getting ready to work on your sling and the headset highlights the part that needs replacing, then directing you to a video which shows how to do it.