Maggie Valley Reports

• 12 hour drive, broke down in hotel parking lot. Rear swing arm spacer fail. Huge shout out to Scott Riley from Sport Rider for going above and beyond. We can't thank him enough.

200 mile ride Friday after repair, all was good! Made it back to Florida safe and sound.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Actually, probably about the same. Forgot to tell you about the driveway to the cabin we rented. I was a little low and I caught the dirt driveway. Was able to use some duct tape and velcro to make it thru the day and then was able to remove the Zarate trim piece when I got back to the cabin (luckily I brought my tool box with me). But the entire front bumper is bent back and separated from the hood. Gonna have to figure out how to fix or replace.

Well, Good News/Bad News:

GN: This was fixable. Actually was able to get everything mostly realigned. Not perfect, but close enough.

BN: F@!$#$%$@!!! Polaris Engineers! Okay, you all know the standard T30 Star Screw that Polaris uses all over the SS. That White Painted front top bumper piece comes out. It has 3 of those screws. And 1 10mm bolt on the very bottom. (Why couldn't they just use 4 of those screws?) And the 2 screws on the top of that piece - can't be taken out with the hood in place. So you have to remove the hood. To remove that painted cover. To get to the ONE (Yes, 1) T30 Star Screw that is BEHIND that cover piece with no other access to it.

So just to be clear, I had to remove:

• 2 10mm Bolts and 2 10mm nuts to remove the hood.
    • 3 T30 Star Screws and 1 10mm bolt to remove the painted bumper cover, to get to the
    • 1 T30 Star Screw that is hidden in a little depression in the under (?) bumper. Luckily, because of the painted cover, that screw was still there.

Literally took me 30 mins and the help of my buddy (to lift off/on the hood) to get to 1 (ONE!) screw that popped out. And then another 30 mins to put the SS all back together again. (One of the hood bolts REFUSED to re-line up without some "persuasion".) I actually did a little more re-aligning after this picture so it's a little better than this now.

• Our cabin was great but there was NO WAY our Slings could make it up the steep gravel driveway. Shout out to the awesome neighbors that saw our struggle (i gave it a couple of good tries) and let us park in their "flatter" driveway. Slings got up that with no issues. Saturday Dragon ride was what you'd expect on a Saturday, tourist after tourist with no Dragon etiquette but we still had a great time and my buddy got to experience 129 for the first time.IMG_20230605_173333_327.jpg

Edited 3 times, last by MISC ().

• and this...🚔 There was a bit of excitement in front of our rooms at Holiday. K-9 was brought out there for 2 seperate stops

Sadly there is a drug pipeline between crime ridden, liberal Asheville and the Cherokee Reservation. They try to run drugs under the cover of all the events here in Maggie Valley. The boys in blue here are doing everything they can but it’s like a leaking damn - same here as in a lot of places subjected to the policies of liberal Democrats!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Some of us hang it out and then there are others that just block the road

In this particular incident I’m glad it was my slow ass going into the blind curve and not you - as good as you drive fast — if it was you it could have been really bad - even I got sense enough not to stop and load a motorcycle in a blind curve. Even with cat like reflexes like mine you couldn’t have reacted fast enough at your speeds :00008172:

• In this particular incident I’m glad it was my slow ass going into the blind curve and not you - as good as you drive fast — if it was you it could have been really bad - even I got sense enough not to stop and load a motorcycle in a blind curve. Even with cat like reflexes like mine you couldn’t have reacted fast enough at your speeds :00008172:

I was not calling any names, it is just the way it is up there. Just like the person loading the bike for a perfect example. Love you Bill Martin

• I was not calling any names, it is just the way it is up there. Just like the person loading the bike for a perfect example. Love you Bill Martin

I know buddy - if it weren’t for all the idiots you encounter in these mountains there would be very few wrecks IMO - seems like it is always an plain idiot or somebody that tries to ride or drive beyond their capabilities…

:00008172:

• In this particular incident I’m glad it was my slow ass going into the blind curve and not you - as good as you drive fast — if it was you it could have been really bad - even I got sense enough not to stop and load a motorcycle in a blind curve. Even with cat like reflexes like mine you couldn’t have reacted fast enough at your speeds :00008172:

Bill Martin and his cat like reflexes

• Sadly there is a drug pipeline between crime ridden, liberal Asheville and the Cherokee Reservation. They try to run drugs under the cover of all the events here in Maggie Valley. The boys in blue here are doing everything they can but it’s like a leaking damn - same here as in a lot of places subjected to the policies of liberal Democrats!!

Love cops...not a fan of using k9 for "probable cause". The dog "hit" on both of these vehicles. Police searches turned up nothing. Occupants were sent on their way after lengthy stops

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Love cops...not a fan of using k9 for "probable cause". The dog "hit" on both of these vehicles. Police searches turned up nothing. Occupants were sent on their way after lengthy stops

I get it that it can be a pain in the ass but if it can stop just one fentanyl death - it’s worth the inconvenience - our kids and grandkids are dying every day from this Chinese scourge!!!