• Thanks Ej, u doing aight today?

Wonder if the K&N PS 7000 will work?

I might be better off this time going with an actual Polaris brand...

My next dumass question that I can't find in search is, ain't sure what it's called...in the diagnostics, it's a 5000 mile countdown until the next oil change is due...does this automatically reset when the oil is changed via a sensor of some ilk; or does one manually rest it, if so, how?

I was just trying to cross reference the Polaris number for your Slingshot oil filter #2521728. I could not find another filter brand to cross. Amazon has the 2521728 for $11.49 with free shipping. I would buy one and then go to the auto parts store to find another brand that might be cheaper and also you could cross reference that filter.

• Thanks Ej, u doing aight today?

Wonder if the K&N PS 7000 will work?

I might be better off this time going with an actual Polaris brand...

My next dumass question that I can't find in search is, ain't sure what it's called...in the diagnostics, it's a 5000 mile countdown until the next oil change is due...does this automatically reset when the oil is changed via a sensor of some ilk; or does one manually rest it, if so, how?

Again --- I have a 2016 and don't have the same computer system. Only way to set the older units is paper & pencil.... For several reason (business being one) I keep a log book in all my vehicles for gas, oil, and maintence. I don't do any of my own maintence. Keep it clean and polished and full of gas --- I use up the gas pretty fast.

• Again --- I have a 2016 and don't have the same computer system. Only way to set the older units is paper & pencil.... For several reason (business being one) I keep a log book in all my vehicles for gas, oil, and maintence. I don't do any of my own maintence. Keep it clean and polished and full of gas --- I use up the gas pretty fast.

You have two resettable odometers, use one for the oil change.

• The polaris oil is probably another oil with the polaris logo on it, especially considering the pre 2020 Slings were GM Ecotech engines.

I think its a very safe bet that Polaris does not produce their own oil or any of the other lubricants and fluids that they sell under the Polaris brand name

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Polaris does an excellent job of not revealing their oil types. They do things like labeling their gear oil AGL and their drive oil ADC. I don't remember how they label their engine oil because I haven't used it for a long time. I did some research at the local bike shops and ended up using Castrol 10w-40 in my wife's Sportsman 500 and Mobil 0w-40 in my Sportsman 700 that I use for hunting in extreme cold weather. Castrol is a quality oil popular with the biking crowd. If I had the new Prostar engine I would find out what oils the ATV owners with the Prostar 1000 are using.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I think its a very safe bet that Polaris does not produce their own oil or any of the other lubricants and fluids that they sell under the Polaris brand name

I'll guar-ran-tee this. When I was with another OEM, all our oils were made by the big companies. Sometimes just rebrands, but sometimes not. But while we may have controlled the spec of the oils, they were made by someone else.

As long as you keep to a known brand name, you'll be good. Personally, I run Valvoline (since I know EXACTLY what I'm getting there - been to the plant where they produce it), but I understand the Mobil 1 preference too.

• Do most use the Polaris oil filter or is there an an alternative?

OEM Polaris Oil Filter Number 2521728

Mobil 1 Extended Life Oil Filter Number M1-102A

K&N Extended Life Oil Filter Number HP-1002

Napa Gold Standard Oil Filter Number Cross Reference 1348

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• OEM Polaris Oil Filter Number 2521728

Mobil 1 Extended Life Oil Filter Number M1-102A

K&N Extended Life Oil Filter Number HP-1002

Napa Gold Standard Oil Filter Number Cross Reference 1348

That's good stuff right there Kyle D ! New info on the new motor. This would be a good time to mention the bookmark feature to the members that aren't aware of it. If you want to mark a post like #51, just hit the bookmark icon at the bottom of it, right next to the smiley you've been using, and you can mark it for your future reference. Real handy on the technical issues and solutions.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)