Maggie Valley 2023

• I’m really throwing this out for feedback from my SS family. I believe that SS in the Smokies has become way too expensive and commercialized. Now that I live in Maggie Valley I believe that I can pull this off. What would you guys think if I could put together a rally earlier in Spring than Memorial Day and briefly hitting the high points..

1. Make the event RIDER oriented.

2. Charge the vendors & riders the least amount possible to cover fairgrounds, insurance, etc. I feel sure that I can reduce vendor fee and rider fee to substantially less.

3. Be no “host” hotel - call and negotiate the best deal you can.

4. Lots of folks we already know come because of vendors wanting goodies for their Sling. My hope would be I can draw as many vendors as possible to service all attendees - making the event better and dropping costs for vendors to draw more in.
    5. Make it an event where all attendees know that the event is only for fellowship and reduced costs for vendors and all that wish to attend.

I promise I want you to know if I move forward with this I am NOT in it for the money. I’ve already made those bones - at my ripe old age I would like to “pay it forward” as so many have shown me since these strange machines came out in 2015. I know I can’t do it by myself and will need lots of support from riders and vendors. I just am asking - are you happy the way things are or do you think we all together could make it a better event for everybody??? Your thoughts???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'll second that motion to make an event NOT around a holiday weekend so there's less traffic getting there, cheaper (relatively speaking) fuel and hotels and not lining the pockets of a small group of people (ok, just ONE people) who makes money off every hotel room booked, every ass paying $25 for a happy meal, and high fees to just walk into the fairgrounds. Not sure if you'd be open to expanding this to include others with trikes who used to have a Slingshot who are part of the OG's who helped build this to what it is now.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I saw this post and was thinking wow! This week hasn't really started and we're already talking about 2023?! But I see where you're going with this.

I will say I'm trying to get off this Friday to make it up for the last couple days. Close friends of mine have their booth there for #SavannahStrong and headed up yesterday. But aside from that my main priority for coming up wasn't for any of the normal "event" attractions. I was trying to make it up this year so I could piss in the creek and check out your new place and finally meet you and some others. As there really isn't much left for me to do to my Slingshot personally I'm just at an event to ride (usually away from the event) and meet some more faces from here. The first year at Maggie Valley I didn't spend a dime with any vendor and getting to meet EjFord and Bu11sh1t was what made the trip worth while. We do not personally stay at the hotels but rather find a cabin to split with a few friends like we are this weekend.

Our closest friend and leader of our local group helps organize in Indiana with #SavannahStrong and hosts her own event in Nashville with Slingfest. If I remember correctly she does not have a vendor fee or charge to get in at the Nashville event. My wife and myself help at these events each year from start to finish. I think with the right people in place and the friends and family you seem to have here you could absolutely pull something off. I'm obviously not one for vendors and such but I know you gotta be able to attract the newer folks. With the type of get together you're suggesting I would be more inclined to try and make that then I would the current event. That's why the storm the mountains event I missed was so appealing to me. That's just my thoughts. I know from what I've gathered on seeing the events get planned this year behind the scenes that there seems to be alot of animosity and conflict between vendors. I'm not here for the drama, egos, feelings, and bs. I just want to visit and ride... ride and visit with the people here, not vendors making enough to buy lambos and yachts and retire early off installing Amazon leds all weekend...

I will definitely keep an eye out for what you pull together if you choose to do so. Obviously I'm a little further out being in Nashville but will definitely be on the list with those offering to help any way I can.

• I mentioned in the fall how pricey it would be. Making it earlier in May would not be great for us northerners to ride down. Sitting here now in 56 degrees and thinking about turning on the pellet stove. I attended the 2015 ssits and had a great time. Been trying to get back again but wife's health has prevented that. Still hoping to attend in the future. How about having it in September?

• I am already getting a lot of positive feedback from vendors and riders alike. The biggest hurdle to start with will be finding an available fairgrounds week prior to the current event - we could never pull it off after. Therein lies another problem - prior to the 1st of May snow may prevent our northern brothers from being able to attend. SO — before this goes any further I will get with city officials after rally and see what is available. Updates forthcoming…

• May is always a crap shoot here in Colorado... Some are really nice and some are like this year... Last week we had over 15 inches of snow and freezing temps...

Today we have (where I live which is a suburb of Denver) a winter weather watch... right now it is 37 degrees with rain....

I would really like to attend, but driving there from here can be a challenge in May. I alway skipped Maggie Valley for the Spyder for the same reason.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I would love to attend an event like this, but there is just no way I am up to making a drive of that distance in the slingshot or any other vehicle for that matter. 5 maybe 6 hours in the drivers seat is about all I can take before I need a good long break. Sciatic nerve pain in my leg and ass makes it a non option. - - funny thing though, with the factory plastic seats in my 2016 I actually can go longer than I can in most car seats, one of the reasons I will never swap them out for something that looks better - - might look line something out of a watercraft, but they fit my backside just right.

Anyway if anyone ever wants to set up something like this on this side of the country I would love it - Vegas area, Phoenix area - heck Palm Springs area would be perfect and our May weather - is great :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I set up a small ride here in Rogers last year and the hotel I used gave us a great price. We had 18 Slings and 1 motorcycle without advertising. Two great, long rides. Even met 3 other Slings on the first ride and they joined us all the way. Didn’t have vendors but probably will if we do it again.

• I would love to attend an event like this, but there is just no way I am up to making a drive of that distance in the slingshot or any other vehicle for that matter. 5 maybe 6 hours in the drivers seat is about all I can take before I need a good long break. Sciatic nerve pain in my leg and ass makes it a non option. - - funny thing though, with the factory plastic seats in my 2016 I actually can go longer than I can in most car seats, one of the reasons I will never swap them out for something that looks better - - might look line something out of a watercraft, but they fit my backside just right.

Anyway if anyone ever wants to set up something like this on this side of the country I would love it - Vegas area, Phoenix area - heck Palm Springs area would be perfect and our May weather - is great :)

Told ya - if ya wanna attend next year - no matter what happens - fly into Asheville airport - I’ll pick ya up - cut a deal to rent a Sling for the week - I drop ya back off at the airport - done and done👍

• Told ya - if ya wanna attend next year - no matter what happens - fly into Asheville airport - I’ll pick ya up - cut a deal to rent a Sling for the week - I drop ya back off at the airport - done and done👍

I do appreciate the offer and who knows I might just take you up on it - - still though it would be cool to have my own slingshot, knowing exactly how it handles and what to expect - - just wouldn't be the same in a rental

maybe I can win the lottery and then get my sling shipped over to DDM for a supercharger then I could ride it over there and when I was done get it shipped home - - - - dreams - - - a mans got to have a few

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm in total agreement and like many others I've talked with here at the rally and even one new vendor, that for us Sling owners and Riders to pay a fee to get into an event with vendors who have to pay their fees and then pay them for their merchandise or services, Is Not Right or Fare ????

Please fix this if you possibly can and you have mine and many other Slingshot Riders in my area total Support!!!

• I am a little confused, does that mean we ALL stay at your place?

I think that the creek would surely rise!

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Now I paid it and I am not even there

I've been fortunate to meet some Slingshot Legends here in my first trip to SSITS.

Speaking of legends....

Gerald, I can't put into words my disappointment of not getting a chance to meet you.

I hope your return trip home was a safe one, and that you're feeling better!

My hope is that one day, our paths might cross!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I've been fortunate to meet some Slingshot Legends here in my first trip to SSITS.

Speaking of legends....

Gerald, I can't put into words my disappointment of not getting a chance to meet you.

I hope your return trip home was a safe one, and that you're feeling better!

My hope is that one day, our paths might cross!!

Thanks ConnMan

• Just need a bunch guys who like to ride meet-up for 5 or 6 days in mv.

I'm in total agreement and like many others I've talked with here at the rally and even one new vendor, that for us Sling owners and Riders tuo pay a fee to get into an event with vendors who have to pay their fees and then pay them for their merchandise or services, Is Not Right or Fare ????

Please fix this if you possibly can and you have mine and many other Slingshot Riders in my area total Support!!!

Been going to Americade for over 25 years. You need to pay a fee to enter the vendor area. Nothing new here.