Finally had my left knee replaced. I believe it's a keeper!

• I get my jell shots in my knees Tuesday. I rub all that stuff on mine also. I am avoiding replacement if possible. Susan was in a car crash before I knew her and they replaced her left knee. She got one of those bad infections you can get at a hospital and they had to remove the replacement and fused the knee so she cant bend that leg at all. The right knee had a shattered knee cap so they removed it. We all need to pray they get his infection under control.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I'm home now!

Give me a little bit and I'll post some new pictures and inf.

I love all of y'all just like your my brothers and sisters. Just reading the text on my phone, the post here, and post on Facebook make keeping a dry eye impossible.

Rabtech

I do have one current pic this morning. You will now see staples in it and a much more aggressive stitch.

• Wow, they weren't messing around this time, glad you are home!

• Rab, just do what everyone told me when I came down with COVID - stay positive

Seriously, take care and only you know how it feels. If it doesn't feel right, it usually isn't. You did the right thing in having the doctors look at it. I waited too longer 4 years ago when I had that massive infection and ended up in intensive care a long battle that I'd never want anyone else to have to deal with.

Beside, your new work shop has been missing you too

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• showed this to Brenda and she thought it was her knee.

• Rab, just do what everyone told me when I came down with COVID - stay positive

Seriously, take care and only you know how it feels. If it doesn't feel right, it usually isn't. You did the right thing in having the doctors look at it. I waited too longer 4 years ago when I had that massive infection and ended up in intensive care a long battle that I'd never want anyone else to have to deal with.

Beside, your new work shop has been missing you too

Brenda's was over three years with 6 surgeries and three different infections. rabtech she feels for you and hoping for a quick recovery.

• Gross and very awful to watch if your sensitive nasty stuff. Some people love this kinda stuff I guess.

This was about 6:30pm. I had been in the recliner asleep. This is one of the many videos of the draining. It soaked a big beach towel before it was done here at home. Before In thought to video, it had been running alot faster and was under more pressure.

When I got the the hospital around 7:30pm it just kept draining more and more.

https://youtube.com/shorts/m7TJwRD9dZs?feature=share

• Rehab guy just left my house. He said he still couldn't believe I was up walking without any assistance. I told him I haven't used a walker even when I had that huge swelled infected knee.

I can't get out of a chair very easily but once I'm up I can walk with about a 90% normal gate. I could even slightly run. I have about 105 degrees of flex now. I just want to get this well and move on...

I am being careful. I will not strain it at all.

I never ever ever thought I would hear a rehab guy tell ME to take it easy. :00008172:

I'll keep y'all in the loop. No more gross pics. Lol

• @rabtech Man Rab you are really doing good. I seen my pain doctor today to see what he said about the X Ray. He said the left knee was full of arthritis and doe to Medicare we have to start with cortisone shots. The right knee is as bad but they didn't X Ray it so they have to do that before he can shot it up. Now I have to wait till next week to get the first shot. Did you have to go through all this?

• How long does it take to be back to normal use after surgery? I am hoping to fit it into the time from the end of Spring Turkey season and the opening of Deer Archery season next year.

• Well today I got the staples and stitches out. And they just put some steri-strips on it. I have a port in my arm that lets me take IV Vancomycin 2 times a day. It takes 2 hours each time.

I can walk. Maybe even run if I absolutely had to. I have 108 degrees of movement in it already and I can almost cross my legs completely Indian style. They cross now but I can't quite pull it up all the way .

The things I can't do are really annoying. And from what I'm told this is pretty much the same for everyone. Only for someone smaller and lighter it "might" not be as bad. Here they are.

1.I can't get up from sitting in a regular height chair.

2. When stting down on the toilet (even the tall toilet) you will have knee pain and it will be pain to get back up. I was a bit lucky because I have a bidet seat. :-)

3. I can't find a way to sit on the floor. I did manage to make it to the floor Saturday and watch TV while playing with the dogs. Then I figured out it was almost impossible to get back up from that low.

4. You can't squat down.

5. You can't use that leg to step up onto anything.

I'm sure all thes things will work their way out. But right now I make sure I have a plan before I go anywhere and before I even sit down at a restaurant.

Here is my latest picture today ..

Here is a picture of the grenade looking IV antibiotics thing.

• Good to hear that you are doing well. Had my left knee done last November. No infections or complications for me. I started PT 4 days after surgery. Was able to drive the Sling at two months post op. Finished PT in early Feb. I’ve got about 125 to 130 degrees. That is as good as this 73 y/o body could get to. It is stiff and just a little tender at times. But, that is getting better with time and use.

I still can’t squat. But, I can handle the clutch as good as ever. I can get down onto the ground. It does take some effort to get back up.

Do your exercises and follow the directions of your PT monger. You’ll love to hate him/her. 😁. Don’t over do your exercises too much.

Get well. Looking forward to seeing you back in the saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter