2017 overheating ?????

• Ok so she had replaced the Oem tank & hoses to the DDM tank & Red hoses (by some other installer) and some time after that , it started overheating or leaking coolant.........she brought it to me a few days ago , i bled the air out the system and added coolant (all the while checking for any leaks which i found NONE) filled the DDM tank up to the bottom of the bubble and ran it for two(2) days......fan came on multi times bringing the temp back down to the lower 90°s and i let it run again for Two(2) ..... now today i get this pic sent to me......so i guess its coming back for me to figure this one out.....if anyone has had an issue like this SPEAK UP......lol

......from this pic it looks like that could be the overflow hose spitting out coolant

• Ok so she had replaced the Oem tank & hoses to the DDM tank & Red hoses (by some other installer) and some time after that , it started overheating or leaking coolant.........she brought it to me a few days ago , i bled the air out the system and added coolant (all the while checking for any leaks which i found NONE) filled the DDM tank up to the bottom of the bubble and ran it for two(2) days......fan came on multi times bringing the temp back down to the lower 90°s and i let it run again for Two(2) ..... now today i get this pic sent to me......so i guess its coming back for me to figure this one out.....if anyone has had an issue like this SPEAK UP......lol

......from this pic it looks like that could be the overflow hose spitting out coolant

Download the DDM instructions and check the bypass hose DDM adds something nay not be installed correctly

Dave@DDMWorks not sure if I am on the right track

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Curious what you find... 2018, DDM tank + hose kit. Dave put overflow hose on so don't think it's that. I used OEM hose clamps when I put kit on. Won't overheat, but after running for awhile and heat cycling 3+ times it'll "burp" like that on my garage floor. Takes 2-3oz (guessing) give or take to refill, like bottom of bubble on overfill tank to leaving a small air bubble type fill. Been dealing with it for awhile.. when I pull engine to do the clutch this fall going to redo the clamps with real hose clamps to hopefully fix it.... maybe sooner on those two hoses in back I think might be the culprit and then take stock clamps off if I can do without redoing fluid!

• Curious what you find... 2018, DDM tank + hose kit. Dave put overflow hose on so don't think it's that. I used OEM hose clamps when I put kit on. Won't overheat, but after running for awhile and heat cycling 3+ times it'll "burp" like that on my garage floor. Takes 2-3oz (guessing) give or take to refill, like bottom of bubble on overfill tank to leaving a small air bubble type fill. Been dealing with it for awhile.. when I pull engine to do the clutch this fall going to redo the clamps with real hose clamps to hopefully fix it.... maybe sooner on those two hoses in back I think might be the culprit and then take stock clamps off if I can do without redoing fluid!

Ill post more once it returns........

• It’s not a leak - that’s a male Slingshot & it’s just marking its’ spot…

There is some truth to that... I can stop for hours for lunch or gas and BS'n etc... and it won't do it. Park it overnight and wake up the next morning and I see the spot. It's almost directly under overfill tank distance wise from front, but closer to center of engine bay at rear of engine. It's also not 100% of the time... maybe closer to 20% will it mark it's spot. Really weird - got some real hose clamps, just need some time to wrench on it!

Hard to tell where that is coming from by that picture. When you get the Slingshot, feel free to give a call and I can help figure it out with you. With that much coolant that has leaked it should be pretty easy to find the source of it though.

Let me know anything that we can help with on this.

Dave

• Hard to tell where that is coming from by that picture. When you get the Slingshot, feel free to give a call and I can help figure it out with you. With that much coolant that has leaked it should be pretty easy to find the source of it though.

Let me know anything that we can help with on this.

Dave

Right now just waiting for her to drop it off........knowing that i have this forum (all you guys) and my tools to figure this out, at least puts me at ease.....

• Had this problem...

And just once I would like to answer a question with a simple yes or no.

So...

Basics.

That coolant bottle on the firewall that everyone refers to as an overflow tank is a coolant supply reservoir.

And contrary to everyone's thinking...

Coolant only moves in this reservoir during expansion/contraction, and burps.

Water (coolant) seeks its own level.

The top of the water jacket of the Slingshot engine sits higher than the radiator but lower than the coolant reservoir.

All coolant systems burp when pressure exceeds the cap capacity...

It's the foaming antifreeze systems that get noticed.

You can Google foaming antifreeze causes.

What's the fix you ask?

Get rid of all the air in the system below the coolant reservoir.

On a cold engine...

Check for any coolant system leaks.

Check all clamps are secure.

If necessary, bleed the coolant system again.

Raise the left wheel a couple inches, don't get crazy. Drive up on a two by four or similar.

Once again, on a cold engine!

Remove coolant tank cap.

On the left side of the engine, remove the steam line above the radiator hose. Have a rag handy.

Using a clear tube on that fitting allows you to see the fluid, retain your overflow for use, and lessens the mess.

Add 50/50 coolant to your tank and watch bleed line til free of bubbles.

Put your steam line back to the port and tighten that clamp.

As for the DDM Coolant tank...

Half bubble on the window.

Too high and steam has no where to go.

Too low and you may introduce air back to the engine water jacket.

Gonna add a samowens44 video in here to shorten some people's reading...

Guess you didn't take the short road.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Back in the day when I had the 1967 Corvette it had the same type of tank on it. It would take about two weeks of driving to get all of the air out of the cooling system, it would run hot until all of the air was out of the cooling system. I had to check the tank level every morning before cranking up and add some coolant to the tank. When I did not have to add any more coolant to the tank all of the air was out of the system. I had tried everything and this was the only thing that worked.

• Thats the video i used, especially when i had to do my slingshot, it was VERY informative.....

• A little trick from long ago. May help or not. I'm not sure if Desenex has the same sticking properties? When you get everything cleaned up spray some Desenex foot powder in suspected areas run the engine.

ac7f8259-3add-4e39-a857-37c26c29cf42_1.e4f046ff6ba7f42812c5e048e2412344.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=ffffff