The OG"s of the Slingshot world

• As a newbie in 2017, I certainly appreciate all the help from the OG's on here. Learned a lot before I even took delivery.

Have met many great guys and gals along the way.

Work always got in the way of going to Maggie, and last year I had the time, but pandemic put things on hold.

This year we are going, looking forward to meeting more great folks.

I'll be there, getting in on Monday, staying at the Four Seasons...

• Also one of the originals, was DUANEINDY but changed to "Lostway" when I sold my first one ( later got a 2019 ). Was tired of waiting on Indiana to approve so I went to Owens in Illinois and bought one. They said if I wanted it painted they knew this great guy in Terra Haute. Road around with my old Goldwing plates till I called my son who worked as a programmer for the state. He said the slingshot was in the BMV system but had not been activated, he changed it and told me to wait 4 hours then go to BMV. Being a social outcast and a huge pain in the ass, I am not known by many on the forum. I am referred to as the Gray Haired Wonder as I make everything look good.

That is exactly why I keep forgetting you…… a social outcast and huge pain in the ass! ^^ Duane is the only one I know who can take a corner in his slingshot on two wheels grinning the whole time others are biting their nails!!

Any body who knows this “Lostway” guy can tell you he has forgotten more than most will ever know! Hats off to you my Brother!

• That is exactly why I keep forgetting you…… a social outcast and huge pain in the ass! ^^ Duane is the only one I know who can take a corner in his slingshot on two wheels grinning the whole time others are biting their nails!!

Any body who knows this “Lostway” guy can tell you he has forgotten more than most will ever know! Hats off to you my Brother!

good to hear from you sir, hope all is well, give momma a big kiss for me. Stay safe

• Also one of the originals, was DUANEINDY but changed to "Lostway" when I sold my first one ( later got a 2019 ). Was tired of waiting on Indiana to approve so I went to Owens in Illinois and bought one. They said if I wanted it painted they knew this great guy in Terra Haute. Road around with my old Goldwing plates till I called my son who worked as a programmer for the state. He said the slingshot was in the BMV system but had not been activated, he changed it and told me to wait 4 hours then go to BMV. Being a social outcast and a huge pain in the ass, I am not known by many on the forum. I am referred to as the Gray Haired Wonder as I make everything look good.

Are you keeping the '19 stock? I know the first one you had was full of performance mods. I'm sorry you got rid of it but glad I ended up with it. :)

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• so far just normal stuff, DDM shocks & swaybar, brake pads and little things. May get serious this winter with major mods. Moving down to Martinsville area next month and going to build a large workshop with lift and vehicle storage. As soon as it is complete will start doing stupid stuff.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

• I fondly remember the dark side before it moderated it's way to the mass exodus. Lot's of great folks solving problems and inventing mods. Thanks Rab for giving us a great place to continue our shenanigans.

• [quote='EjFord','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10150-the-og-s-of-the-slingshot-world/&postID=350909#post350909']

As a newbie in 2017, I certainly appreciate all the help from the OG's on here. Learned a lot before I even took delivery.

Have met many great guys and gals along the way.

Work always got in the way of going to Maggie, and last year I had the time, but pandemic put things on hold.

This year we are going, looking forward to meeting more great folks.

I'll be there, getting in on Monday, staying at the Four Seasons...

[/quote]

We arrive Tuesday, staying same place. See you there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.