The OG"s of the Slingshot world

• If any one wants to know most of the original Old Guy's just go back to the beginning of this forum and you will find most of them. This Forum was started around April 1, 2016 because a few of us were having problems with the hedgehog on the dark side as we call it. Bobby rabtech saw the need and started this Forum up so that we could get away from that other place I wish I could remember the numbers for the first year or so of our Forum members it was not many. Anyway I received my Slingshot (Sling I) Feb. 12, 2015 which now has 102,000 miles on it. Now I have Sling II with around 17,000 miles on it and just getting broken in. (Yes, I still have both) I have enjoyed every minute and the meeting of all of you Slingshot people out there, even though I cannot remember names worth a DAMN. There are a lot of high's for me that are only because of the Slingshot and the people that I have met thru the Slingshot. I did the Hot Rod thing for over 10 years doing five of the large shows a summer but it was nothing like this. "RIDE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVER" This thread is here for THE OLD GUY'S to speak up :REDSS: :HAULSS: :DONKEYSS:

• If any one wants to know most of the original Old Guy's just go back to the beginning of this forum and you will find most of them. This Forum was started around April 1, 2016 because a few of us were having problems with the hedgehog on the dark side as we call it. Bobby rabtech saw the need and started this Forum up so that we could get away from that other place I wish I could remember the numbers for the first year or so of our Forum members it was not many. Anyway I received my Slingshot (Sling I) Feb. 12, 2015 which now has 102,000 miles on it. Now I have Sling II with around 17,000 miles on it and just getting broken in. (Yes, I still have both) I have enjoyed every minute and the meeting of all of you Slingshot people out there, even though I cannot remember names worth a DAMN. There are a lot of high's for me that are only because of the Slingshot and the people that I have met thru the Slingshot. I did the Hot Rod thing for over 10 years doing five of the large shows a summer but it was nothing like this. "RIDE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVER" This thread is here for THE OLD GUY'S to speak up :REDSS: :HAULSS: :DONKEYSS:

Gerald, thank you so much for including me in the group. For a minute when I was reading your posting, I was afraid you were gonna say you met a LOT of great people - that would have left too many of us out of your thoughts. :) We're all grateful of your knowledge, friendship and sharing to anyone in need. It really is tough trying to go back to the days BSS (Before Sling Shots) to recall we spent all our free time and money.

Until next year in Maggie Valley - be well my friend

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Took delivery on November 21, 2014 and joined this forum April 9th, 2016 after Shack, Kenny_H and I helped Robert beta test the site. Still haven't hit the 100K mileage that Gerald or EJ have though

Thanks Phil, I did not know the date when the Info Forum started I was on vacation at the time and these guys were blowing up my lap top when I got back home wanting to know where I was.

• I remember those days Phil, I was jealous that you won the Hahn contest for a free turbo install. Now I count my blessings you won. Lol. You also won the sbd bomb dropping contest on a ride. It was a unanimous decision by all. 😩 Gerald do you remember up on the mountain at MV and we all got under my SS cover the rains were so strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I remember those days Phil, I was jealous that you won the Hahn contest for a free turbo install. Now I count my blessings you won. Lol. You also won the sbd bomb dropping contest on a ride. It was a unanimous decision by all. 😩 Gerald do you remember up on the mountain at MV and we all got under my SS cover the rains were so strong?

Yep, the day of the hail, but we missed that. The Harley riders had to ride thru to the pull off.

• I also remember the day Bill Martin and his crew wanted to go to the Rattler in 2016 I think. I litterly had to drag them thru the Rattler and then it started raining and they really slowed down. I have stories from every year. The only bad one was when I waited all day on people to go for a ride, I learned a lot that day. When you get ready to ride do not wait on anyone.

Looking back to the beginning, winning the free tirbo from Hahn was the WORST decision I ever made in my life. I gave up on being king shit on the streets having the FIRST Slingshot in Volusia County and not having my Slingshot for 13 WEEKS when he said it would be two to three weeks tops. The first BIg LIE of many, leading to having probably the first Slingshot with a BLOWN Engine due to faulty tuning (Pre Bob's tune) and more disappointments. I'm sure Hahn's dad is turning in his grave knowing just how his son is trashing his legacy

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I got on the dark side in Feb 2015 to let the Guys in Indiana that they COULD in fact Have a Slingshot registered and plated in Indiana....could NOT buy one here until June or July.

I posted this on another thread. First get together of Slingshots... May 2015 with our friend Slingking

8 fast red ones and 2 costume painted by Painter.

First road trip to South Carolina for a Ride for Kids event

and meet FunCycle and Bubblehead and a couple of week

later 2 of us went to Houston Texas for a Ride for Kids event.

Could not buy in Texas ... we caused a little commotion that week

end.

• Just checked and been a member since April 10th, 2016. Purchased the Slingshot in June of 2015 so my son could ride with me as he hated riding behind me and couldn't see much.

Have met some of the nicest people thanks to this vehicle and forum.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Kay and I were riding Harleys in Durango, CO June of 2014 when we stopped by a Harley/Honda/Polaris/ dealer. I went to the counter and said “Slingshot. Does that mean anything to you guys?” One looked at me and said ‘That will never happen!’. When I got home I contacted Owen Motorsports and said I want to buy the first one you get in and it has to be the cheapest model if they have such a thing as I knew I would be tearing the thing apart!

I was so early, I had to put my sister’s name on the title and register it in North Carolina the first year as Indiana reversed its approval for a bit.

Some OGs not in the picture above include Tripod , Shatneyman , DKF Texas , FunCycle , the founder of this forum and many others. One thing you will notice….. most are still riding and helping all the newcomers. We never ask for ourselves….. we ask for the community!

• I joined the original forum(Referred to by some as the Darkside) August 2014… I met some of the most amazing people that the world has to offer! That was exhibited many times by their ability to just want to help and not expecting anything in return! These folks are the heart and soul of the SSOG community! I feel privileged to be a part of these folks and I always try to remember the Painters Posse mantra of Pay it Forward!
    oh my gosh sometimes I just think back to all of our conversations before any of the slingshots were actually even shipped out…And we are still just as tight as ever