Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• @rabtech is going to help me install a line lock so I can drag the brakes

I see we have jokes, bright and early this morning!!!! X/
    I'm originally from Kingsport, TN which is about 2.0 - 2.5 hours away. I am only familiar with a little bit of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. Spent many summers there. None, of which, were during my driving/riding days. I'm afraid I'll get more people lost in the Smokies during SSITS!!! My wife and I really enjoy what we call GPSing. Basically, we go out riding around, with no particular goal in mind, and just start taking back roads, or what have you, and intentionally get ourselves lost. At that point, we turn on the GPS and request our way home. Kinda' lame, I know, but we love it. One thing to be very very careful of...make sure you are in an area that has good reception. That is a must!!!! Ask my wife to tell you the story about our Bed and Breakfast trip to Afton Mountains. Long story, short...our GPS had us so screwed up, it said that we had arrived at our final destination...which just happen to have been some old barn, on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, at about mid-night, and no moon. Needless to say, that was a very bad getaway weekend for the both of us.

• I see we have jokes, bright and early this morning!!!! X/ I'm originally from Kingsport, TN which is about 2.0 - 2.5 hours away. I am only familiar with a little bit of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. Spent many summers there. None, of which, were during my driving/riding days. I'm afraid I'll get more people lost in the Smokies during SSITS!!! My wife and I really enjoy what we call GPSing. Basically, we go out riding around, with no particular goal in mind, and just start taking back roads, or what have you, and intentionally get ourselves lost. At that point, we turn on the GPS and request our way home. Kinda' lame, I know, but we love it. One thing to be very very careful of...make sure you are in an area that has good reception. That is a must!!!! Ask my wife to tell you the story about our Bed and Breakfast trip to Afton Mountains. Long story, short...our GPS had us so screwed up, it said that we had arrived at our final destination...which just happen to have been some old barn, on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, at about mid-night, and no moon. Needless to say, that was a very bad getaway weekend for the both of us.

That's pretty funny - Colette loves to do the same thing - some days we make a left at every intersection some days it is a right. Once we are totally lost we turn on the GPS to get back. We have had a few - scary adventures.

But I say what the hell you 2 can lead us into trouble and we will get you out!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• That's pretty funny - Colette loves to do the same thing - some days we make a left at every intersection some days it is a right. Once we are totally lost we turn on the GPS to get back. We have had a few - scary adventures.

I got y'all covered.... I have the GPS etched in the back of my brain. Instead of following the arrow on the GPS screen y'all just have to follow the white SS in front.....

• I got y'all covered.... I have the GPS etched in the back of my brain. Instead of following the arrow on the GPS screen y'all just have to follow the white SS in front.....

Unless we are tethered together like mountain climbers or you can run at less than warp speed - following you will be a challenge
    I hate the smirk you always have on your face when we roll up and you are standing outside your SS saying what took you so long!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'll unplug one coil pack just for you @MACAWS!

I just love his last words before firing up his slingshot. MOST guys will say "have a safe ride" (and Rab does as well), but his next words are "you all ain't gonna believe this........" That's when you better snug up the seat belts and hold on

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• That's pretty funny - Colette loves to do the same thing - some days we make a left at every intersection some days it is a right. Once we are totally lost we turn on the GPS to get back. We have had a few - scary adventures.

You know this might just work out this year. I am hoping to be on the return about this time and since I have yet to buy into the whole "pay to drive on public roads" thing but I will try and look you independent birds up on the return drive through those parts. Always up for a drive early with a small group through the back roads etc..long before THP and the others come out to watch the lemming parades in the gap and scenic venues. :00000156:
    I will save you all some trinkets if it works out :00008674:

• I see we have jokes, bright and early this morning!!!! X/ I'm originally from Kingsport, TN which is about 2.0 - 2.5 hours away. I am only familiar with a little bit of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. Spent many summers there. None, of which, were during my driving/riding days. I'm afraid I'll get more people lost in the Smokies during SSITS!!! My wife and I really enjoy what we call GPSing. Basically, we go out riding around, with no particular goal in mind, and just start taking back roads, or what have you, and intentionally get ourselves lost. At that point, we turn on the GPS and request our way home. Kinda' lame, I know, but we love it. One thing to be very very careful of...make sure you are in an area that has good reception. That is a must!!!! Ask my wife to tell you the story about our Bed and Breakfast trip to Afton Mountains. Long story, short...our GPS had us so screwed up, it said that we had arrived at our final destination...which just happen to have been some old barn, on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, at about mid-night, and no moon. Needless to say, that was a very bad getaway weekend for the both of us.

I prefer rides like that. Not knowing where your are going, nothing planned, just wherever the road may take you.

• I got y'all covered.... I have the GPS etched in the back of my brain. Instead of following the arrow on the GPS screen y'all just have to follow the white SS in front.....

Unless @FunCycle is with y'all, then you might be following his red SS, from what I have heard, he does push the envelope

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Unless we are tethered together like mountain climbers or you can run at less than warp speed - following you will be a challengeI hate the smirk you always have on your face when we roll up and you are standing outside your SS saying what took you so long!

@MACAWS, I was going to say the same thing! Trying to "follow" that white rabbit is an exercise in futility!

• @MACAWS, I was going to say the same thing! Trying to "follow" that white rabbit is an exercise in futility!

Did you see @rabtech solution to this problem.
    He is offering free Decals for your windshield it is a picture of the back of his SS.
    This way you will always see him and not get your feelings hurt!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You have to know that you guys have made such a difference in my life and are just so accepting of me! Love you all!!

I feel similar I'm the first generation (Immigrant, citizen ) in our Family, and I never felt more welcome compared to our forum. So I appreciate that and also Love you all too. :00009320: Could not be better.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I feel similar I'm the first generation (Immigrant, citizen ) in our Family, and I never felt more welcome compared to our forum. So I appreciate that and also Love you all too. :00009320: Could not be better.

And all this time I thought you were born in a all German neighborhood somewhere in the USA

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!