Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• Dang! this is a tough group. :D I would point out that Ivor had planned to raise the registration fee, but he didn't hoping people would donate to Gatlinburg fire victims. He said early on there would be a fee to get into the fairgrounds if one wasn't registered. I'm sure he has his reasons, but the cost of entry for @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver was a little much in my opinion. I think I know where he was coming from, but I think you have raised issues he perhaps didn't think of. See you all in MV!!

• I personally would like to see a dyno runoff for most HP

yep, now were talking! :thumbsup: I have a feeling I would be hog tied and tossed into a hole somewhere when they started that event.....

I am watching this whole "walk in fee" thing... I don't have a dog in this hunt but I would think the vendors would be a little upset over this fee. They are already paying to be there... And this "walk in fee" would be counter productive for sales... It would even hurt @ivor shirt sales.... If people have to pay $10.00 to get in just to look at the goodies for sale Im sure they won't have a desire to spend more to get a commemorative t-shirt.

Maybe he hasn't thought this "walk in fee" all the way through and just needs someone to give him a call and explain that it just isn't a good idea.

• OK I have read all the criticism leveled at us due to me publishing yesterday we would be making a charge of $10.00 for persons entering the Fairgrounds.Many accusations have been waved at me from this forum. I hear your criticisms.I will not answer individually but will state as follows.
    Slingshots in the Smokies when held at the hotel was fairly easy.It has grown to big for that thus the move to the Fairgrounds.Taking the Fairgrounds has increased the costs hugely to put this event on.
    We held vendor charges down and kept registration fees for the event the same.We have been. Very particular in only taking Slingshot Vendors on and not taking Vendors selling other products.The object as always is to make this into a really fun Slingshot Owners Event.The extra charges were meant to offset some of the huge extra costs we are incurring by taking the Fairgrounds.
    I AM HOWEVER PREPARED TO LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE(namely you guys on this forum)
    We therefore will waive any costs for anyone walking in to see and walk around.IT WILL BE FREE.
    Only registered participants will be able to participate in the the activities of Slingshots in the Smokies.
    For anyone not registered who wish to enter the event with a Slingshot the fee of $25.00 per day stands.This fee will only enable them to park and walk around.
    We look forward to having a great event!!

• That is fair and the right thing to do. Respect is deserved and given by me. Not registered SS for $25 a day is fair also. If you put up a donation box at the registration table, I'll toss in a $20 to help compensate and I'm pretty sure others will too. Thank you for standing up in this concern, and look forward to meeting you and all the others. Well played!

• Agree with the others. Thanks for dropping that walk in charge. I will toss a $20.00 into a donation box as well.

I had rather donate to the event so that we don't deny someone the chance to see my super badass :WHITESS: Slingshot... :thumbsup:

Are you going to do a demonstration on how to properly clean a slingshot during the event? :00010317::D That would definitely raise some money.

• Guys.Thank you for your offers of donations.It is not necessary.I am as much as a Slingshot enthusiast as anyone on this forum.I love doing this.
    I could easily sit in our 24 year established travel business and make a much better living.
    I WOULD RATHER BE HERE so no worries.Show up and we will do our best to make this the best SSITS yet!!!!!!

• Are you going to do a demonstration on how to properly clean a slingshot during the event? :00010317::D That would definitely raise some money.

If you give me a 1/4" impact with a -t-40 and a t-27 I will strip any SS's plastics off down to the frame in less than 30 minutes... If you give me an engine hoist and a 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, 17mm and 18mm socket for the transmission bolts. I can have the engine out pretty quick... If you have a turbo I would need a little extra time and an additional 1/2" wrench and a 1" wrench. And a screwdriver to remove hose clamps.....

• If you give me a 1/4" impact with a -t-40 and a t-27 I will strip any SS's plastics off down to the frame in less than 30 minutes... If you give me an engine hoist and a 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, 17mm and 18mm socket for the transmission bolts. I can have the engine out pretty quick... If you have a turbo I would need a little extra time and an additional 1/2" wrench and a 1" wrench. And a screwdriver to remove hose clamps.....

Maybe you should meet Slingrazor, Bill Martin and me in Little Rock this weekend. You could help us change all three clutches! :D

• Maybe you should meet Slingrazor, Bill Martin and me in Little Rock this weekend. You could help us change all three clutches! :D

I am keeping my hands clean the next few weeks. I told myself I wasnt going to take anything apart on mine. It was running flawless and it is clean enough..... So y'all are on your own with the clutch change outs..... Its not to bad of a job... You just have to pull the whole freaking engine out...... :D:D

• @ivor first off, thank you for all that you're doing... and also, for doing what is right (I've personally hosted events here in Charlotte with crowd sizes that mirror SSITS ~> I know first hand, how hard it is pull off successfully). Not having a leg in the (now resolved) walk-in fee fight ~> I did pay for an entire week, but will be arriving Friday night and staying through Sunday.

If I may humbly suggest an option for next years fee schedule: Maybe offer a pro-rated cost to those not attending the entire event? TRUTH ~> had that been an option, I would've still paid full price because that's how I am (and I know there are many others, within our SS family, who would do the same). I would hate to loose even 1 rider because of admission costs (pride in asking for help is a real denier of good times).

Just my 2 cents (with an offer to help if you ever need it going forward). You're not alone in this... and I'm proud of your willingness to listen (even if we come down on you hard). Well done!

NOW... BACK ON TOPIC ~> START THE MUSIC BACK UP ~> AND ANSWER ME THIS: WHO'S BRINGING A DYNO TO THE PARTY??!! I'm taking odds... :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• All's well that ends well... :thumbsup:

Considering the amount of SSs attending and registered, and the amount we are here on this forum, Ivor could have easily dismissed the opinions and suggestions... Very cool to see he listened and values you all so much, as do I!

But at the same time, you all were only expressing your concerns and reservations because you care about him and this event too!

Group hug everybody! Get in here!