Other Money Pits / Hobbies

• I owned a Dodge once, a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT. Bought brand new had a problem with the transmission that they would not fix. You could be driving down the interstate or anywhere and the trans would quite pulling, the motor would still be running. You would pull off hi-way if you could switch off and restart and everything would work. You should try this on a 4 lane interstate in the inside lane running 85 MPH.

• Just retired my favorite truck 2001 GMC Dually 260K
    Had a serious case of Frame Beaming, I think the Chassis finally cracked somewhere. Sold it to a farmer and it is now enjoying life as a farm truck.

I was so upset I ordered a new Silverado

Everyone grieves in their own way brother you're just doing your best

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• One of my hobbies is shooting. I love to shoot prairie dogs with small caliber rounds. I try to go out to New Mexico at least twice a year, but this year I am going to make 2 slingshot events, so I will only go once. We hunt on federal grasslands near Clayton. Some of the locals will ask if we could hunt on their land and even offer to feed us lunch and all the cold drinks we can drink. Prairie dog shooting is really a kick in the ass. You drive out in the fields, set up your shooting tables and shoot. I mean a lot. I will shoot between 400 to 800 a day.
    Anyway since today is really gloomy with treats of sever weather, I got the small caliber rifles out of the safe and cleaned them good after range day yesterday.
    Here are my spring shooting rifles;
    .17 HMR

.17 Hornet

.204 Ruger

.223 Remington

and the .22 Ruger for close shots

Here is a little video from a couple of years back. I used a camcorder that shows the mirages that we see in our scopes when magnified a lot. Note if you are a PETA person don't watch.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

Edited once, last by Rob the Slob ().

• think ya meant PETA bro

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• That's one big rifle, but I won't dare comment on this forum about your gun

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My other passion is my AR240 24 foot Yamaha Jet Boat. Stereo is bananas:

All JL Audio M series
    Four 10" JL subs
    Four 6.5" components
    Two sets of 7.7 components
    One set 8.8"
    Two 8.8" tower speakers.
    WetSounds EQ

Loudest boat in my area! Girls LOOOVE it!

• This girl approves... and the boat is cool too! :whistling:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @ericastar76 thank you and you are welcome to come out anytime if ever in Boston area! Now if I could only pull the boat with my sling... that would be amazing. I could pull my favorite toy with my favorite toy! =)

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• One of my hobbies is shooting. I love to shoot prairie dogs with small caliber rounds. I try to go out to New Mexico at least twice a year, but this year I am going to make 2 slingshot events, so I will only go once. We hunt on federal grasslands near Clayton. Some of the locals will ask if we could hunt on their land and even offer to feed us lunch and all the cold drinks we can drink. Prairie dog shooting is really a kick in the ass. You drive out in the fields, set up your shooting tables and shoot. I mean a lot. I will shoot between 400 to 800 a day.
    Anyway since today is really gloomy with treats of sever weather, I got the small caliber rifles out of the safe and cleaned them good after range day yesterday.
    Here are my spring shooting rifles;

I can't remember How many we slaughtered in my youth. In the 70s the Farmers would pay us 25 Cents a head to kill them on their property. I still have my old .22 Marlin Bolt action. God that brings back some good times.

• @Rob the Slob, those are some really nice rifles! I only have several .22's, my favorite of them is the Ruger 10-22. I have a Springfield .22 single shot that my great grandfather had and handed down to me when I was 14. As a kid I could hit pop bottle tops at 60 feet without a scope. I have the same Ruger 22-45 pistol except mine is blued. After that caliber, I jump up to 7.62x39.

• lol thank you. @jluna317 it's a lot of fun I'm going to do a partial wrap this spring kind of like the photo and I just got some rear underwater lights can't wait to put it in the water but I'm honestly more excited about the slingshot

• lol pretty sure it's just that boat! Few more pics for you guys... if I could only fit 12 girls in the sling!