Road Debris kicked up into passenger cabin

• Hi all. Tried a search for "Road Debris entering cabin" and "Road Debris floor" with no luck. I am curious if anyone has had anything get kicked up and entered through the floor into the passenger compartment? Or have the thought of that happening and taken steps to reinforce the floor plastic.

It just seems to me the floor is made of ABS plastic and would not take much force to send something through it like a small piece of re-rod, concrete or even a fence post. I know it is a remote possibility, but running over something like that could happen. Any experiences, ideas or even comments other than "you think too much and need a hobby"?

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• LOL. You took mine. :D

In all seriousness, though, I hadn't thought of that before, mostly because I don't see it as much of a risk. I haven't had experiences on this machine, but I have had experiences with the same or similar types of material on other vehicles. When it has happened what you describe in the past, whatever hits plastic usually gets West in it instead of going straight through. I have yet to see anything from the road or a normal non ballistic impact go all the way through with any kind of force.

• Anything coming through the floor would need to clear everything in front of it including the frame it's attached to. Plus heavy enough not to be pushed or rolled by the vehicle. I would be much more concerned about an item being kicked up and going into the cockpit from above.

• It could get kicked up by our front tires which is right there...

I ran over a chunk of 4x4 going 70... hit it with my back wheel...cut my sidewall.

I don’t know how it got there but I’m guessing it fell off a truck of some kind...there are videos of stuff flying back off the road hitting vehicles...it’s actually pretty scary to view.

Anything is possible....if you did anything to reinforce the floor you would have to drill into the frame....don’t know if that’s a good thing to do.

• To me it's better protection than riding a motorcycle. If you have any time in the saddle you learn that everything is a potential projectile so avoid everything. If you get hit, it's because you were there. Remember, we are risk takers!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• For rebar to be an issue it would have to be a blow-up of pavement and still connected to the roadway. I would rather it just rip away from the plastic instead of getting hung in metal and losing control. Now the little square reflectors in the centerline can be thrown up by your tire and act as a ninja throwing star and fly threw your panel, just wear a cup and protect your jewels if you have any.

• While stuff can get thrown up from the road surface either from other vehicles hitting it, or your own vehicle knocking it up, chances of serious injury are extremely rare and I wouldn't obsess about it. A few weeks ago, the car in front of me managed to suck a sheet of Masonite off the pavement and it hit the front of my Ford Edge w/o damage to the vehicle. I sure as H... expected to see some damage, but didn't. I have had bugs and road debris make it between the top edge of my windshield and my Twist Dynamics Top. Eye protection is definitely a good idea on the Slingshot. With or w/o a Top, I'd be more concerned about bugs or road debris coming over or around the windshield and hitting me than I would ever worry about something coming thru the floor. Could something make it thru the Slingshot floor and into the cockpit? Yes. Is it likely to happen to any individual rider? NO. You probably have a better chance of being hit by a piece of debris than you do of winning the lottery (especially if you don't buy a ticket ;) ), but you're probably more likely to fall down the stairs, trip over your shoelaces or choke on a piece of Thanksgiving turkey.

• just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water ...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video…-highway-crashes-41296577

I just hope whoever video'd the crap coming off the boat-trailer made the video available to the motorcyclist and he or his insurance company was able to locate the asshat driver and sue his rear off! Unfortunately, the Interstates around Houston are usually so crowded that if you try to leave a cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you, you might as well be riding in reverse or just pull over to the side of the road and stop because some other driver will immediately move in to any gap you try to create for safety!

• Unfortunately, the Interstates around Houston are usually so crowded that if you try to leave a cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you, you might as well be riding in reverse or just pull over to the side of the road and stop because some other driver will immediately move in to any gap you try to create for safety!

My apologies sir! I'm no longer in Houston though... Drive safe!

• I just hope whoever video'd the crap coming off the boat-trailer made the video available to the motorcyclist and he or his insurance company was able to locate the asshat driver and sue his rear off! Unfortunately, the Interstates around Houston are usually so crowded that if you try to leave a cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you, you might as well be riding in reverse or just pull over to the side of the road and stop because some other driver will immediately move in to any gap you try to create for safety!

Come on over I will take you down to Miami and once you drive there for a week I would almost bet you would appreciate the drivers in Houston. Imagine all the Spanish people in Miami, if they can't speak English they sure as hell can't read it.

RNJ12