Can't stop... Won't stop!!

• Isn't modding fun?? Why yes... YES IT IS!!! :thumbsup:

That said, it's time to start planning my next mod-venture...

Currently looking to add the following 4 items to my sling:
    > Rear wing (mounted to the frame ~> not roll bars)
    > A rear-camera integrated stereo that has the most useful bells and whistles for sound and/or video.
    > An engine mounted (heat resistant) microphone
    > Digital rpm/gear stats capture device for use in track/cruising videos

I've been looking around and have a few ideas... but would love to get y'alls perspective if you have any recommendations.

Thanks,
    -Erica

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I bought (prematurely as it turned out) a spoiler to mount on the rear deck. And I also bought a Twist roof. All before I took delivery of my SS in May 2016. Shoulda waited!!! Wing wouldn't fit when roof pipes were installed!!!

• According to the Polaris rep that I had to argue with. Any mods will void your warranty. Any. Even an optima battery.

Keep that in mind folks.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Mods wont void the warranty. Just dont get to carried away. If you turbo the engine you are not going to get a lot of love from your service dept if you bring it in smoking. But if you bring it in because the gauges quit or the power steering quit then it would be covered.

If you put a optima battery on and your dealer wont warranty your slingshot you need to find a new dealer ASAP!

• Was not the dealer. This came from Polaris themselves. I was on the phone for a long time explaining the error of their ways. My dealer is top notch.

• @rabtech. The exact word from the Polaris rep was "your highly modified SS voids your extended factory warranty ". I am trying to get them to fix the fried Jcase.

They can't say why it is void. Just that it is.

I agree it is bull and I spent a long time explaining to the Polaris guy that nothing they have said would stand up in court. He finally agreed to reopen my claim.

If your issue is small they will fix it. Fried Jcase requires a complete replacement of the main chassis wiring harness. We are in the $1000 of dollars

• They are correct...and I have been warning owners about this for a while .....

The terms of the extended warranty state clearly that if your Slinghsot is modified in any way not using Polaris parts AND with them having been installed by a Polaris dealer they can deny ANY claim whether or not the modification caused the failure.

Since Polaris owns the extended warranty, it is not subject to the same Federal rules governing the original warranty, and it is in black and white in the extended warranty contract, they are well within their rights to deny service. This would in fact hold up in court since you agreed to the terms at the time of purchase.

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED (EXCLUSIONS): AS RELATED AND APPLICABLE TO THE COVERED VEHICLE, THIS SERVICE CONTRACT DOES
    NOT COVER ANY MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, DAMAGE, REPAIRS OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH OR RESULTING FROM:
    7. Any repair costs or expenses if the Vehicle has had mechanical alterations made by You not using genuine manufacturer parts or
    accessories installed by a Dealer or Authorized Servicer (as defined); regardless of whether or not such alterations caused a failure;"

• @Orangeman I would agree if it could be concluded that that modification in some way contributed to the failed part. However, a melted Jcase is a factory defect and should be covered regardless of warranty

• I am afraid I'm gonna have to fall on the side of @Orangeman. Dealers get paid from Polaris and if they turn down a warranty claim due to modifications (that it clearly states does not) your screwed......what ya gonna do??? hire a high price prick like me to sue???? :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I bought (prematurely as it turned out) a spoiler to mount on the rear deck. And I also bought a Twist roof. All before I took delivery of my SS in May 2016. Shoulda waited!!! Wing wouldn't fit when roof pipes were installed!!!

@ericastar76, reading between the lines, sounds like you might be able to get a good deal on a barely-used spoiler here!

• @ericastar76, reading between the lines, sounds like you might be able to get a good deal on a barely-used spoiler here!

Indeed... @lowlander, I see it's been a year since you got the wing ~> Do you still have it and/or can you post some pics (minus any dust... cause no one likes dust)! :P

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png