Slingshot World Is Just AMAZING !!!

• If any of you may have noticed I have not been on the forum near as much as usual since this past Friday. Here is why - I had a problem with my clutch slipping and burning smell. @dangerdarrell was having the same problem so it was arranged that we would meet @Slingrazor at his house and he would change them out for us. As luck would have it I got there first (no job) - @dangerdarrell (works for his bride) so we started on mine. We started pulling the engine and @dangerdarrell pulled in he jumped in and began helping (he was much better help than me). They both worked like mules until the wee hours of the morning. We then discovered that the slave cylinder was leaking on Sat and could not get another one till Tuesday. Darrell went on home and Trent opened up his home and he and his bride made me and mine feel like we were in our own home. I know @funinthesun started a really heartfelt thank you to @kenny_h and I don't wanna be repetitive but DAMN - Slingrazor took us rock crawling in his Jeep, did a brake job on my Sling cause we couldn't do anything else till the part came in. I won't bore you with all the details but everything that you could imagine going wrong did. He took off from work early on Tues and wound up getting engine back in very late. He then took off work to stay home and work on MY Sling.

Here is him thinkin & me doin what I do best - watching!! I just cannot believe how he busted his ass to get me back going. All that being said it reinforces why I am on this forum daily - if it were not for this place we would never have become close friends. Thanks to @rabtech & @Dave@DDMWorks for all their help and knowledge. The only bad thing I can say is @Slingrazor just beat me up for DAYS on my turbo vs his supercharger but I can live with that :D When I first bought my Sling I thought it was cool - it is but it doesn't hold a candle to the cool friends I have made owning one. Thank you @Slingrazor. &. @dangerdarrell for all your efforts and friendship -- SLINGSHOTINFO FOREVER!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• @Slingrazor freakin ROCKS!!! Brother you are one hell of a guy!!! :thumbup:

Awesome work fellas ... drink time @Bill Martin.

BTW - I got a little sumthin sumthin in the bed of my truck for you - look for delivery next week :thumbsup: AND FYI - @Slingrazor is a terrible foreman - you can't get him to stop workin and drink :00008172:

• And I have to thank The Rock in particular for spending two full days improving my stereo for me. It is not the first time by far his skills and most of all his friendship have made me appreciate our community, especially my local DMV Crew. Old vin # 0262 just gets better and better.

• @Bill Martin
    It was a great extended weekend that we got to spend with you and Angie.
    Now don't let Bill take credit away from his abilities. He took everything that was thrown his way and kept a positive outlook when we kept getting slapped in the face. A lot was learned this weekend that I hope to pass on to the rest of the forum in the couple of days.
    Thank you @dangerdarrell, we will get yours done before MV.
    ....wish you had a DDM SC because it would have been a lot easier......

• Thanks @Slingrazor for helping us out. I was really surprised at the difficulties we had and also very glad we found out the new clutch issues before we pulled mine apart ( sorry Bill).
    @Slingrazor and I have changed numerous clutchs before but never ran into issues like these. Who would have thought a clutch made for this engine could be 2mm too thick and wouldn't work. Plus, you would think GM would have a better clutch actuator or at least keep them in stock.
    We are going to change mine this coming Monday so that it will be ready for the ride to Maggie Valley and back. My wife has been looking forward to this ride and I don't want a breakdown.
    Thanks again Trent! And you did help Bill. We had some great stories and all of us learned a lot!
    When y'all get to meet/see us in MV be sure to ask how we feel about turbos and super chargers
    (Second pic was about 2:00 am Friday. Right before we pulled the engine the fifth time I believe)

• YA'LL SEE - YA'LL SEE. Still beatin me up over my turbo - you know I specialize in fine print dammit :00008172:

• Sorry to hear about all the pains..... So does this officially mean that you have had your engine out and in more than @rabtech. Guess who we will be calling now for for the shortcuts.

@Bill Martin you sir have some true friends in @Slingrazor and @dangerdarrell

Way to go guys!

P.S..... when the time comes I'll be on team S/C!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I'm just sitting here watching all the post. ...

I don't know if anyone has me beat on how many times I have had my engine out and in. If they have I am genuinely sorry...

I think @Jeff@DDMWorks dreads seeing rhe white beast roll off the trailer. He is about the only person that I trust to help me. I have just gotten used to his work and I have watched him do things the way I would. I'm sure that gear heads know what I mean.

Sometimes you just gotta leave the slingshot in someone else hands and go have a nap at the local Best Western. Then come back to their shop and chromecast nasty music videos to their TV set. Then grab a few wrenches and act like you want to help. Then put one really hard to reach bolt in and complain that your back is hurting. Then go back to the Best Western after stopping at the local Arby's and grabbing a Beef & Cheeder. Then get a good night's sleep while someone called @Dave@DDMWorks tunes your slingshot on the dyno for hours and hours. Then arrive the next morning all bright eyed and ready to work. You notice that everyone else has bloodshot eyes and walking with coffee cups. Then you chromecast some more filthy music videos to the shops TV and finally gather up the tools your brought with you while silently grabbing 2 extra sockets and 1 extra wrench that you may or may not have brought with you.

• True story !

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Hey the only thing I left out was lunch time.

When I first started driving up and working on my Slingshot @Dave@DDMWorks and @Jeff@DDMWorks probably thought I had some sort of chronic stomach issue. Every time I would even talk about lunch my stomach would just turn to jello and cramp up... It was my nerves eating me up. I had several issues in the beginning that bothered me such as someone other than me working on my girl. And knowing that eveyone was kinda expecting big numbers on the dyno. Soooo just the mention of food would send me to the restroom.. I have since mastered that fear and can eat like a horse when I am there. They have an abundant selection of food within a mile of the shop... and my favorite is the Hunts Brothers Pizza at the Shell station..... it is thin and crispy and loaded with toppings....

Now look what yall have done..... It's 5:23am and I am absolutely starving. :evil:

• Thanks @rabtech !! I don't mind seeing you around at all. It gets a little hectic around here at times but I have gotten used to it. Our shop would look pretty strange if it didn't have 8 slingshots in it and 2 or 3 engines on stands or patiently waiting on the floor.
    I love what I do and love meeting all the people that come with the projects.
    Excited to see everyone at Maggie Valley !! And some of you even sooner ! :thumbsup:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• BTW - I got a little sumthin sumthin in the bed of my truck for you - look for delivery next week :thumbsup: AND FYI - @Slingrazor is a terrible foreman - you can't get him to stop workin and drink :00008172:

Ahhhh thanks brother! I appreciate you hauling that item all the way to MV... Since me and the Ms. are getting hitched in FL that weekend. @TheRock will be taking my trailer to MV. He is aware of the hood. Second "back up" person to take grab it from you would be Cam --- Thanks @Slingrazor - Thanks @Cameron Roberts and @TheRock Wolf Pack Love!...

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.