Alpha or 1320 header

• I'm about ready to buy a header which has been long overdue. I'm struggling on whether I should go Alpha or 1320. The 1320 seems to run about $40-$50 cheaper than the Alpha and from what I've read in the various threads, it appears that more people are running the 1320 over the Alpha.

If the price was the same between the two choices, I'd probably lean to the Alpha because it sounds like an easier install. Is it worth the extra money for the Alpha?

Thanks

• FWIW, I purchased the Alpha because of their reputation and my personal dealings with them. Knowing Henry and the guys would take care of any issues I might have was worth the extra for me. YMMV

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• FWIW, I purchased the Alpha because of their reputation and my personal dealings with them. Knowing Henry and the guys would take care of any issues I might have was worth the extra for me. YMMV

That's an excellent point. They're only an hour ride from my house. The wife and I are planning a road trip out there as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

• go with 1320 header! i got the v2, and it's so sexy! the install is not difficult, and when i started it up, i felt like the beast inside my SS has awaken, i knew it's worth the money and the time to install.

P.S: The header might show some light smoke on the first start, but this is normal since this is burning the oil, very NORMAL. Don't freak out like i did!

• I'm about ready to buy a header which has been long overdue. I'm struggling on whether I should go Alpha or 1320. The 1320 seems to run about $40-$50 cheaper than the Alpha and from what I've read in the various threads, it appears that more people are running the 1320 over the Alpha.

If the price was the same between the two choices, I'd probably lean to the Alpha because it sounds like an easier install. Is it worth the extra money for the Alpha?

Thanks

Hands down ALPHA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I can honestly say the Alpha header is a work of art. It flows flawlessly and I have to brag on it. It has a heavy thick plate to match up to the head and it looks wonderful. And when it tarnished I just wipe it down with a rag and some wd40 and it looks great again.

Thanks

There is going to be no significant difference in the install between the headers, if anything the 1320 is a little easier because the Alpha header has one of the bolts to the exhaust slightly covered and you can not use a socket to tighten it down.

Here is the bolt location on the Alpha -

Here it is on the 1320 -

We have tested both headers and naturally aspirated they are going to gain around the same power, however if you plan on going supercharged eventually, the 1320 will make more power. We believe that is because of the better merge collector on the 1320 compared to the Alpha

Alpha Merge Collector -

1320 Merge Collector -

Dyno of the 1320 vs. Alpha on a DDMWorks Supercharger kit -

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• I can honestly say the Alpha header is a work of art. It flows flawlessly and I have to brag on it. It has a heavy thick plate to match up to the head and it looks wonderful. And when it tarnished I just wipe it down with a rag and some wd40 and it looks great again.

Fully agree. Too bad we can't encourage Henry to build a header like that for the Hahn turbo guys

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Can I put my 2 cents worth in,my 1320 header flange was not flat so it wouldn't seal,I was told to put extra to urge on the nuts and they sent a thick gasket,but it never sealed,took it off and put stock back on,was a little too loud anyway.

• Can I put my 2 cents worth in,my 1320 header flange was not flat so it wouldn't seal,I was told to put extra to urge on the nuts and they sent a thick gasket,but it never sealed,took it off and put stock back on,was a little too loud anyway.

Was it loud because of the exhaust leak?

• Thanks for clearing that up, Dave! This is also another reason why I got the 1320 due to the placement of the bolt location on Alpha but that Dyno comparison though... WOW..