Alpha Variable Exhaust + 1320 Header V2

• I finally got my new 1320 Header V2 from CycleSprings with the discount code "save25" which took off $25 from original price of $294, and got charge for $20 since it doesn't come with a gasket so technically I saved $5 LOL. Not sure why it's not included already in the kit, but it's whatever.

Now, my alpha variable exhaust should have been delivered today, but due to weather condition here in MD, i may not get it until tomorrow or so.

Since I have an appointment to drop off the SS next tuesday to Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, I was thinking to let dealer install both but i'm so excited to install it myself as soon as exhaust comes. How many of you have let the dealer install your parts and how many of you have done it yourself?

Also, I watched Joe's video so many times from Slingmods in installing these, and i couldn't happier that i purchase his same set up. How many of you here is running the same set up? Pros and Cons?

Next mod will have to be Alpha Cold Air Intake!

• finally installed the headers and the exhaust. After the install, with the hood open and side panel off. i was amazed of the sound, BUT i notice that i see a light smoke coming directly from the pipe of the header. Is this normal? i shut the engine off, thinking there's a leak, but all screws are good.

• The oil from your skin will smoke, any oils from fabricating will smoke. The header and exhaust will burn in and all will be fine.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Wont last long. depending on how much oil was left on it. You could wipe it down with alcohol AFTER IT HAS COOLED DOWN. But I wouldn't worry with it too much. Also after running a few heat cycles make sure all bolts and nuts on the exhaust system are tight.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Hop in and take for a 30 minute vigorous ride to enjoy the new throttle response and sound and two things will happen ..... 1st, you'll want to keep driving to enjoy it even more and 2nd any residue will be burnt in and you'll have no more smoke (other than from your rear tire)

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• you guys are awesome! i didn't get a chance to take it for a ride since i didn't finish putting the side panel back on LOL. screws weren't lining up and i couldn't feel my back so i decided to call it a night..
    Tomorrow, i shall finish and enjoy it!

Although, base on joes review. To get the "sweet spot" put it on A or B mode, and slowly tap the other button to open the valve slowly.. but it move so quick. any tips and tricks?