Alpha Variable Exhaust...

• Thinking of purchasing the Alpha Variable Exhaust and Header combo... has anyone used these 2 items? How nice is the Exhaust? Is it louder, quieter? Over all opinion? Would you get/recommend a different exhaust?

Currently have the Alpha CAI installed.

Thanks guys,

• Thinking of purchasing the Alpha Variable Exhaust and Header combo... has anyone used these 2 items? How nice is the Exhaust? Is it louder, quieter? Over all opinion? Would you get/recommend a different exhaust?

Currently have the Alpha CAI installed.

Thanks guys,

Use the search function on this forum. There has been a lot said about all of the exhaust systems, the good and the bad. Ride Safe

• @Mateo I have the titanium header with the variable exhaust.

Definitely helps the engine exhale.

When closed, exhaust is quieter than stock.

I am not a fan of the note when wide open.

My biggest issue is the speed at which the valve opens and closes. It is much to fast. It goes from open to close in about 2 seconds which limits the "variability". If they could slow the valve down to a 5 - 8 second sweep you would have much more flexibility.

Built well, bolts on, looks good. Just needs to be more "variable".

Just my $.02.

• If you plan on turbocharging don't get the exhaust. It won't work with turbo systems.

If you plan on supercharging don't get the exhaust. Even at wide open it chokes on the top end and if you close it, it will build up to much pressure. Has to be left wide open most of the time.

If you are staying NA then go for it. The ability to quiet the system in your neighborhood or when flying by cops is great. I've found the adjustability to work just fine.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I've got the same set up, header, Alpha CAI and Alpha variable. I tried a few different muffler combos and found this to be the best one IMO. Most of the aftermarket muffs I tried were too loud and generally not a pleasant sound. The Alpha Variable is only slightly louder in closed position than stock (without cat)..There's only about a 2db diff between cat and no cat. Even closed, it has a great sound. When open it still sounds good as well as strong. IMO, the SS runs significantly smoother with this combo while giving you the option of church or hot rodding.

• We have run the variable with the Alpha header now for 3 months and love it. As said before, if you plan on boosting the motor you need to plan ahead. The variable will not work with anything boosted. The Alpha header will not work with the DDM Supercharger. The 1320 header will work with both Superchargers. A turbo will require a special exhaust.
    Just plan it out. The Alpha Variable and header are a great combo with the cold air intake.

• @DKF Texas- very nice!!

@Slingrazor- I do want to slap a hair dryer on it at some point, but was thinking within 1-2years from now. Would you go ahead and just look/install an exhaust that's built for a turbo now? Also, I assume turbo headers are strictly just for turbos correct? I wouldn't think they are compatible without it???

• The header is one thing you can install now that can be used on anything. The 1320 V2 can be used with anything. The Alpha works with their Turbo or SC.
    My personal choice would be the 1320 header with Alpha Side Exit because it offers the most variables for the future.
    I have one sling the was configured like that that I upgraded to a SC with minimum output. The other sling is all Alpha.
    I really like the finish of the Alpha header and the variable. It works great on her sling but cost more in the long run because of the initial cost of the variable is higher.
    Anyone else have input?